PDA

View Full Version : depender gets smacked

CART T. Katz
09-07-04, 09:02 PM
as many of you who frequent tf know defender has his "sources" that are at champcar races and has meticulously provided attendance numbers at such events. one of such events was denver.

although i don't go to either site, at tf and cw i believe he had posted that according to some of the higher ups (in this case stan kronke owner of the colorado avalanche and the pepsi center) said that denver wanted to flush this event like a bad turd or words to that effect.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy...?

Thank you for your message. While your friend is correct that the number of reserved seats is limited over the weekend, he is not taking into account the number of General Admission attendees. We worked very hard this year to ensure that there would be significantly improved GA viewing and the increase in GA attendees we saw was a direct result of that.

For the full three days we recorded 120,000 visitors this year, a significant improvement over 2003 and a number that easily eclipsed the 2002 mark of 101,000. Your friend’s estimates for Friday and Saturday are very wrong, and while we do not release day-by-day totals, I can assure you that both those numbers are six to seven times lower than what we actually saw.

We would greatly appreciate any additional information you can provide us on to whom your friend is sending these letters. We obviously want to build off the success we saw this year and produce and even greater event in 2005. For that to happen we need the support of our sponsors, and would like the opportunity to address the misinformation that is being spread sooner rather than later. Another point for your friend to understand – these numbers were not released by Champ Car, they were released by the Denver-based company (CENTRIX Financial and CENTRIX Financial Grand Prix of Denver, LLC) that produced and marketed this event.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Every part of the Denver community – business, City Hall, City Council, charities and the public – has come forward to call this event a success. We welcome the opportunity to correct misconceptions.

Best regards,

Brandon Borrman

Brandon H. Borrman

Corporate Communications

CENTRIX Financial, LLC

P: 303-225-3585

M: 720-308-6312

F: 303-225-3674

bborrman@centrixfinancial.com

swiped from a friend at cw (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=347385&postcount=82)

Jag_Warrior
09-07-04, 09:49 PM
They say God protects babies and fools. So maybe the good Lord will hook the dufus up with good counsel.

pchall
09-07-04, 10:06 PM
It's nice to see ol' Hooter/Defender get an internet wedgie. What a schmuck.

Wally
09-07-04, 10:35 PM
wtf is a depender?? :shakehead

SteveH
09-07-04, 11:26 PM
depender = Defender, a legend in his own mind
AKA, Hooter Morgan, the Late Harlan Fenglar, Alex Hoppes and probably a few more.

BTW - the Alex Hoppes handle is about as low as one can go in choosing a name. Think about it. :flame: :thumdown:

Clown
09-07-04, 11:33 PM
wtf is a depender?? :shakeheadDepender aka Defender aka John Howard.
A cable tv installer and forum poster who has drunk more kool-aid than any other.

Michaelhatesfans
09-08-04, 01:12 AM
(cracks knuckles, stretches)
Man, oh, man - that was fun! :D
Hey, Spicoli - was it just me, or did every thread on the board disappear in about 30 seconds? :laugh:

Robstar
09-08-04, 01:29 AM
BTW - the Alex Hoppes handle is about as low as one can go in choosing a name. Think about it. :flame: :thumdown:

Dispicable... :shakehead :thumdown:

FCYTravis
09-08-04, 01:37 AM
That's a simply spectacular smackdown... :rofl:

JohnHKart
09-08-04, 06:14 AM
Ok way over my head....what is Alex Hoppes...?

John

rocket
09-08-04, 07:01 AM
It was a username that was used after the Zanardi crash in Germany where he lost his legs :thumdown: I find it hard to have ANY sympathy for somebody that would make fun of that. :flame:

JohnHKart
09-08-04, 08:50 AM
Ok I get it now......Oh god he really did that? Sheesh....Un frickin believable.

John

pchall
09-08-04, 01:27 PM
Time to play Whack-a-Lemming again.

Despite last night's smackdown, he is back at Speed today giving new estimates of Friday and Saturday crowds at Denver try to play numbers games with the "6 or 7 times greater" rebuttal of his previous. He's upped his Friday crowd number to 12K trying to blow smoke.

oddlycalm
09-08-04, 02:21 PM
One look at that slack jaw is all you need to know the whole story.

robot9000
09-10-04, 09:32 AM
I missed the thread. What happened?

The real scary thing is how many people over at TF actually like and support this guy!