PDA

View Full Version : The end of Lynx?

theunions
09-07-04, 01:12 PM
So I just got the press release indicating the Laguna Toyota Atlantic season finale will the the last race ever for Lynx Racing. But there's nothing within said release indicating WHY that is.

I've seen it suggested elsewhere that this was coming because Peggy and Jackie are "tired."

Anyone know for sure why they're getting out now?

nrc
09-07-04, 02:13 PM
My guess is that they're taking the advice of another former TA team: "Don't Spend the Principle."

It's a shame to see another mainstay of the series go by the wayside. TA certainly seems to be in dire straits for next year. You can bet that Rahal's two entries will be gone as well.

FCYTravis
09-07-04, 04:00 PM
Atlantics is looking very very iffy next year... several of the remaining top teams are going to Daytona Prototypes next year.

Silly Season is going to be very silly... :saywhat:

Don Quixote
09-07-04, 05:08 PM
This is too bad. They seemed to be a class outfit.

Sean O'Gorman
09-07-04, 05:33 PM
Can't fund a top running team without sponsorship forever. I figured this was coming when they were no longer a free ride. Such a shame to see what has happened to the Atlantic series. :(

RTKar
09-07-04, 06:55 PM
That's a total bummer. There have been race weekends where I've enjoyed the Atlantic's race more so than the Champcar's. It's another indication to me that formula car racing in North America is in deeper trouble than what many of us realize or care to admit.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-07-04, 09:24 PM
Ask Peter Frey (Lynx PR). But good luck getting any straight answers from him.

It's a shame about Lynx though. Some great racers like Memo and Alex Barron came through the ranks there.

Fio1
09-08-04, 01:10 AM
I'm guessing it will be the last F.Atantic race as well....Ever since they weren't on the Trios Rivers bill, I knew the end would be near....

FCYTravis
09-08-04, 01:45 AM
Might be the last TOYOTA Atlantic race.

Certainly won't be the last Formula Atlantic race, as the formula lives on in SCCA club events.

Amanda B.'s Mom
09-08-04, 11:17 PM
The Toytoa Atlantic Series has been dear to my heart for the past 6 years or so. There are many wonderful people who are very dedicated to it. Sponsorship is ggetting exceedingly difficult to find, and there are very few people with $$$$$ who are intersted in becoming involved with the series. Hopefully OWRS will see the value that this series had in the past and try to do something to ensure its success.