PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant

Nosuchsoul
09-01-04, 10:35 PM
It looks like the case was dropped and he got off. The civil suit is still going on. God, I am a big fan if his, or was, depends on wether he did it or not, or if he truly thinks he was not too forceful and she thought he was. Whatever it sucks, we can never know. Sucks....... :( :shakehead

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/01/bryant.trial/index.html

Methanolandbrats
09-01-04, 10:50 PM
Allow me sum it up. He did it, she wanted it, but not there. She got it in the *** and the his wife got a big diamond. Therefore, the wife came out the best, Kobe finishes a distant second and she did'nt finish at all.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-02-04, 09:50 AM
Sounds to me like the whole affair was one big waste of time.

And not only that, it cost Kobe millions in endorsement deals--past, present and future unless it's for something like Preparation H.

Steve99
09-02-04, 12:09 PM
How much of the taxpayer's money was wasted on this?

Chaos
09-02-04, 12:10 PM
i wouldn't call it a waist of time. considering the verbal abuse that girl has probably been receiving, maybe she just said to hell with it all...

JoeBob
09-02-04, 12:16 PM
We may never know just what happened in that room. But, at the end of the day, no means no.

The way this case was handled was absolutely disgusting. When people wonder why rapes often go unreported, look no further than what the alleged victim was put through.

Honestly, I can't say I blame her for not wanting to be involved any more.

Winston Wolfe
09-02-04, 12:55 PM
How much of the taxpayer's money was wasted on this?

again, I heard on the news this AM that it cost the Eagle County offices approx $335,000 top bring the case this far.....

BUT, I will guarantee you that the city earned more in tax revenue and increased business revenue (hotels, restaurants, shops, etc.) with the hoards of reporters, journalists, hangers-on, and weirdos who follow this stuff.

In the end (no pun intended ), the girl is still a victim, money always wins, and Kobe will soon be back to being recognized as a superstar in the basketball community... o bla di, o bla da.... life goes on, yeah !