PDA

View Full Version : PT's Struggles

Insomniac
08-30-04, 04:30 PM
Do you guys think PT's "struggles" this season are a result of Tony Cicale retiring at the end of last season?

FTG
08-30-04, 04:33 PM
Nope. Just Newman Haas having their **** together, and a chief steward who penalizes PT even if he makes contact with someone who is a lap down.

spinner26
08-30-04, 04:40 PM
Tracey is pressing. He's overdriving, and has come to understand that Bourdais is the man to beat not him. Tracey is great when out front but coming from the back with SB out front with BJ he drives for 2nd or third not driving for the win.

Railbird
08-30-04, 05:55 PM
I think PT's trouble started with Cicale's absence and has since been multiplied by his basic approach to racing. When the car is even close he is brilliant but when he can't find the sweet spot he goes into "win it or wear it" mode.

Always fun to watch, not always succesful.

rabbit
08-30-04, 06:43 PM
He's third in points. For PT, I don't call that "struggling," I call that a typical year. He has won one championship in his long career, but has finished in the top 2-4 several times. Third is just par for the course.

Insomniac
08-30-04, 09:41 PM
Nope. Just Newman Haas having their **** together, and a chief steward who penalizes PT even if he makes contact with someone who is a lap down.

That's what I'm saying. Same cars, engines and chassis from last year. N/H has improved it more than FCR. Last year, PT had a car that was class of the field quite a few times. This year, Bourdais has had that car quite a few times. Is the missing piece Cicale?

Ankf00
08-30-04, 10:20 PM
or Bourdais having an extra year of experience?

JT265
08-30-04, 10:34 PM
D. All of the above.

The bent wishbone yesterday (Thank you and Merci, TagZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ) didn't invite a charge to the front by any means.

RaceGrrl
08-30-04, 11:17 PM
D. All of the above.

The bent wishbone yesterday (Thank you and Merci, TagZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ) didn't invite a charge to the front by any means.

Good answer. :D

Insomniac
09-01-04, 09:00 AM
D. All of the above.

I still don't get this. Tag goes into the turns of the first lap like a mad man race after race and he never gets a black flag. They're telling us every time it's not avoidable contact?

JT265
09-01-04, 08:24 PM
I still don't get this. Tag goes into the turns of the first lap like a mad man race after race and he never gets a black flag. They're telling us every time it's not avoidable contact?

Yep. Now, the triumvirate here will slag me, but in Kneifel-World, TagZZZZZZZZZ can do no wrong. If it was PT, he woulda been hung from the highest tree.

And the sad part for me was no only Paul's bent front end, but I was looking for great stuff from AJ.

Circus Clown? How about no-nothing jack-off?

fourrunner
09-01-04, 08:38 PM
Yep. Now, the triumvirate here will slag me, but in Kneifel-World, TagZZZZZZZZZ can do no wrong. If it was PT, he woulda been hung from the highest tree.

And the sad part for me was no only Paul's bent front end, but I was looking for great stuff from AJ.

Circus Clown? How about no-nothing jack-off?

Ouch!! ;)

Ankf00
09-02-04, 09:13 AM
karma's catching up to him, it's so fun to watch :)

Jervis Tetch 1
09-02-04, 09:44 AM
Most drivers would take PT's "down" year anytime.

JT265
09-02-04, 10:07 PM
Most drivers would take PT's "down" year anytime.

Indeed, most would. You'll never convince stalwarts like the esrtwhile poster above or his posse though.

Good luck trying. ;)