PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Bruno fans?

PopOffValve
08-30-04, 04:05 PM
By now, usually on OC, there is a thread congratulating the winner. Is there anyone who still likes him, or even has him as their favorite driver? He may be the least charismatic driver on the circuit.

It could also have to do with the fact that he won when the leaders fell back or out.

Congratulations anyways, Bruno...

Ed_Severson
08-30-04, 04:23 PM
He's not my favorite, but I'll admit to liking him. I was pulling for him after Mario had the problem with the air gun.

That aside, anything that makes the championship more interesting is good as far as I'm concerned, so I'll be pulling for Bruno and Paul to close the gap between now and the end of the season.

Don Quixote
08-30-04, 04:27 PM
He is far from my favorite, but I have to admit, he is badass fast. A good race for Bruno. :thumbup:

Insomniac
08-30-04, 04:30 PM
By now, usually on OC, there is a thread congratulating the winner. Is there anyone who still likes him, or even has him as their favorite driver? He may be the least charismatic driver on the circuit.

It could also have to do with the fact that he won when the leaders fell back or out.

He's not my favorite, but I respect his skills. I think the whining is off-putting, even when it is called for. Does he have da Matta's old crew or does Boprdais have them now?

spinner26
08-30-04, 04:36 PM
Bruno has improved 1000 fold since leaving the TCGR engineering group. He is a great kid to be around and is very passionate about the sport. Unfortunately for him he still remembers the european days where you don't create controversy on the track you do it with the paper or microphone. He's what the sport needs more of with a dash or two of Tracey's, SeeBass', and DaMatta's. No need for any more Minassians, Phillipe's, or the like.

Wingnut
08-30-04, 04:40 PM
I don't particularly like him, but I don't dislike him, either. He's generally a good racer, but I don't find him entertaining to watch (like Dominguez!! He's the man!) and his whining is just plain nasty.

He had a nice clean race yesterday (I was there!) and I'm thrilled that it appears as though he won't be TWIRLing into oblivion...

Christine

Rogue Leader
08-30-04, 04:43 PM
In the crowd, noone cheered for Bruno, but after he won he passed the Andretti and Zanardi grandstand and everyone gave him a standing ovation. Everyone there was PT, Pat, and Tag fans, but they all respect Bruno's skill.

Sean O'Gorman
08-30-04, 05:28 PM
Besides Crapus? :laugh:

Railbird
08-30-04, 05:42 PM
I like Blinky, I just couldn't remember how to spell congratulations last night.

fourrunner
08-30-04, 05:43 PM
LOL Railbird .... :)

I Like Bruno Just Fine

I also like to pick on Bruno, especially in his "Whine" mode...

I like ANY Driver that is loyal to Champ Car right now ...

Patrick Carpentier is trying my patience in that regard !

I know he's playing for the best deal... but he's not winning fans by threatening Career Suicide in the IRL !!

I hope he smartens up !

rabbit
08-30-04, 06:44 PM
By now, usually on OC, there is a thread congratulating the winner.Congratulations Bruno!

(See, I congratulated the whiner, err, winner. :p )

Ziggy
08-30-04, 07:35 PM
Bruno is a very talented driver. He is just as fast at the END of a race as he is at the start. Some of his comments are just stupid, but I chalk that up as he being a beaner and not "getting it" in America.

The series would be less without Bruno. It pains me when he catches the wrath of the haters. For the simple fact that he was going to the Earl caused his stock to drop. You have to remember, he is under contract to run where Newman Haas runs.

He flat hauls butt, oval's or road course's

trish
08-30-04, 07:42 PM

I like him. He's a human being isn't he? Plus he's a Champ Car driver. Congrats on your win Bruno!

Lizzerd
08-30-04, 07:54 PM
I don't DISLIKE any driver. I'm a fan of and cheer louder for some more than others, respect some as drivers more than others (not necessarily the same drivers), and like some drivers' personalities more than others.

Regarding Bruno, I would put him near the top of the second category. He's a great driver with a great team, but there are other drivers I would rather see beat him, and I think he complains too much.

Did that answer your question, POV? :)

Robstar
08-30-04, 08:06 PM
I like him... He goes hard... :thumbup:

But yeah, he does whinge a lot... :rolleyes:

RTKar
08-30-04, 08:06 PM
Lizz summed it up pretty well and I'll add, Bruno comes from a very good racing pedigree, he's good for Champcar in that regard.

molive
08-30-04, 09:15 PM
GO BJ! :thumbup:

There...at least 1 of us here (Bruno fans, that is...) :D

Robstar
08-30-04, 09:16 PM

There...at least 1 of us here (Bruno fans, that is...) :D

Two ;)

pfc_m_drake
08-30-04, 09:25 PM
I like him. If he were a bit more eloquent in the press he'd have a lot more fans I think. Such is life I'm afraid. But without a doubt he's one of the more talented drivers in the series and it would be sad to lose him elsewhere (so hopefully that won't happen!)

Fried
08-30-04, 09:28 PM
you forced me out of hiding. :thumbup: what's not to like? (well, ok, he's a bit of a p rick at times. but, then so are most of us) :laugh:

Anteater
08-30-04, 09:29 PM
He's not my favorite, but I respect his skills. I think the whining is off-putting, even when it is called for. Does he have da Matta's old crew or does Bourdais have them now?

Bruno has da Matta's old crew; Bourdais has da Matta's personality, though. ;) I have to agree with you about the whining.

But Bruno has been nice to me, and he is a very good driver who has suffered some bad luck. So I have to say "Congratulations, Bruno!"

Insomniac
08-30-04, 09:44 PM
I wanted to Congratulate Bruno, but knew the OC whiners would be out if force complaining about the title of the post being a spoiler. ;)

tomahawk
08-30-04, 09:56 PM
Fast driver - whines too much - bad sport

I think Bruno's got a chip on his shoulder because he wanted a career in F1 and he knows that's never going to happen. Now it's increasingly likely that he ends up in the IRL driving ovals. Not the way he expected his career to develop.

Or maybe he's just a spoiled prima donna...

Either way, he drove a good race...

:tomahawk

Fitti Fan
08-30-04, 10:05 PM
Bruno has da Matta's old crew; Bourdais has da Matta's personality, though.

Don't throw eggs, but I have to disagree. I think da Matta was a whiner too. Not as much as Bruno, but he was pretty good at. Definitely did not have the sportsmanship that Sebastian has. Even without the championship under his belt, Sebastian's got more of a champion's personality than I ever saw out of daMatta.

JT265
08-30-04, 10:41 PM
Don't throw eggs, but I have to disagree. I think da Matta was a whiner too. Not as much as Bruno, but he was pretty good at. Definitely did not have the sportsmanship that Sebastian has. Even without the championship under his belt, Sebastian's got more of a champion's personality than I ever saw out of daMatta.

He certainly threw a hissyfit worthy of a champ yesterday. :laugh:

On topic, Blinky won didn't he? Better than Fabio no doubt.

:D

Lizzerd
08-30-04, 10:55 PM

Uh... I'll give a :thumbup: to BJ too. And, if I didn't say this earlier, congrats to Bruno.

RaceGrrl
08-30-04, 11:15 PM
I'm not a Bruno fan but can appreciate his talent. I wish he'd just shut up and drive the wheels off the damn car instead of bitching when things don't go his way. He's right up there to take advantage of a situation, but doesn't seem to want to take risks. Is that what a championship driver should be? No doubt consistency should be rewarded, but I want to see him racing people. I cheer for him when he's in the back working his way through the field, but I hate to see him settle in and take second or third because he's not willing to take the risk for first.

Fried
08-31-04, 04:55 AM
Don't throw eggs, but I have to disagree. I think da Matta was a whiner too. Not as much as Bruno, but he was pretty good at. Definitely did not have the sportsmanship that Sebastian has. Even without the championship under his belt, Sebastian's got more of a champion's personality than I ever saw out of daMatta.And you've got some examples of this to share with the class? Or you're just talking smack?

Jag_Warrior
08-31-04, 08:05 AM
OK... congratulations, Bruno (ya whining, pouting crybaby!)

He does have talent, but I've never been able to stand the guy. He's the only CART/OWRS driver that I hoped would go to the "other series".

I like him more than I do Eddie Cheever though. :p

Forza Lancia
08-31-04, 10:42 AM
I've been a Bruno fan ever since he moved to CART from Formula 3000. (At the time, I thought he might be the next Juan Pablo, but that didn't quite work out.) I would still probably consider him to be my favorite driver, although I'm a great fan of Sebastien, also (who actually could be the next Juan Pablo). I think that Bruno's mannerisms (the mumbling, the nervous twitch, the histrionics when things go wrong -- remember his operatic performance when Townsend Bell took him out?) are rather charming. So congratulations to Bruno, and I hope you win some more.

oddlycalm
08-31-04, 04:59 PM
Solid driver and a nice kid, just keep the microphone away from him.

oc

manic mechanic
09-01-04, 02:14 AM
Uh..Hi. My name is manic, and I'm a Bruno fan...

nz_climber
09-01-04, 03:59 PM
*in unison* hi manic, don't worry we are here to help... *in unison* :p

indyfan31
09-02-04, 01:30 AM
Ok, I'll be the first. I DON'T like him and I WON'T congratulate him. Yes, he's a good driver, but so was Andretti and I didn't like or cheer for him either.

Drivers like RHR and AJ are much more exciting to watch and more interesting to listen to.

chop456
09-02-04, 01:38 AM
I like him. Too bad he has to whine even more than Tracy, though.