PDA

View Full Version : An excellent book...................

RTKar
02-15-03, 05:39 PM
"Flat Out, Flat Broke", by Perry McCarthy. If you want an amusing read about what it's like to try to get into and stay in top flight motorsports give this book a try. It's a quick easy read about a poor ride buyer, (as opposed to the Piers Courage, Peter Revson types) fighting his way up the ranks of European racing. Many familiar names pop up.

Ziggy
02-15-03, 08:18 PM
Are you insinuating that Revson's two F1 victories were flukes? CanAm championship? Indy Rookie of the year, Pole position and lap records bought and paid for by His rich Uncle? Im sure it is a good book, and I do plan on buying it. Im sure Peter's Can-Am, Trans-Am and Champcar results were all brought about by money as well.

Cry me a river Perry, it sucks being born rich. Aiming too high is of course, somebody else's fault.

Hey, whatever happened to old "whatshisname"

Ziggy

RTKar
02-15-03, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Are you insinuating that Revson's two F1 victories were flukes? CanAm championship? Indy Rookie of the year, Pole position and lap records bought and paid for by His rich Uncle? Im sure it is a good book, and I do plan on buying it. Im sure Peter's Can-Am, Trans-Am and Champcar results were all brought about by money as well.

Cry me a river Perry, it sucks being born rich. Aiming too high is of course, somebody else's fault.

Hey, whatever happened to old "whatshisname"

Ziggy

Don't be so defensive about the term "Ride Buyer", it's the way the game works in the minor leagues while trying to establish a name. I know you know that Ziggy, I'm not sure if you know that I do too.