PDA

View Full Version : Well, they stole St Pete's too

Spicoli
08-29-04, 09:51 AM
I'd like to take this opportunity to tell all you lurking IRLheads that your series and its leadership disgust me. As I have seen on "your forum", alot of the "early adapters" HAVE BEEN SOLD DOWN THE RIVER. Good to see all of those dirt trackers moving up the ladder to Indy greatness. The cart/ccws fans hate you, and will never follow. Watch that yen, gomers...you are so strapped to it that you can't even see staright. And this was all part of the vision? GMAFB. Tony - you are the most evil, sold out, worthless piece of goat dung this sport has ever seen. You haven't had an original thought in your entire life. Buy, cheat and steal. Look in the mirror and what do you see? A cheap sold out paranoid mumbling crack head.

Here's a race that ChampCar put together, and one that had a great future. Now the typical yen mongers come in - and with Barry Green no less - and ruin it. Barry, you can hit the cheese grater for all I care. I thought you had some cred, but this is disgusting. The same guys that cheated your driver at Indy in 02 are now buying your name. Wow - i guess they found your "price".

So, the transformation is complete with one exception.

tony stated a year or so ago that we fans would come "kicking and screaming". Well - none that i know of. Yopu can steal our teams, steal our drivers, steal our tracks, and steal our sponsors. But you will NEVER steal the hearts of the ChampCar fans. NEVER. All the free tickets in the world can't buy you success.

Imitation is highest form of flattery. But its still an imitation.

Yep, I'm a HATER. :flame:

Railbird
08-29-04, 10:02 AM
If you're pissed now wait until this plays out.

This is step one in the Dover rollover.

No big deal really, Champcar has made something out of nothing before, they can do it again.

Joelski
08-29-04, 10:02 AM
The sad thing is they can't even produce a flattering imitation even with copying every minute detail. Tony George and the earl have managed to recreate fecal matter in the process of trying to copy ChampCar,

RusH
08-29-04, 10:17 AM
:thumdown:

Street racing is especially dependent of PAYING customers. I was at St.Pete in`03, and spent above and beyond general admission. Even if they get the locals in for free for the TV cameras, the city will feel it when they look at the bottom line, no gomers are traveling from anywhere in the US to see this.
FTG

racer2c
08-29-04, 10:34 AM
The almighty yen and some dastardly, underhanded backstabbing brought the media to Tony's side, but the fans remain steadfast in the Champ Car camp. Sponsors know this and are witnessing this at each passing race. A series that was dead just eight short months ago is rising like a phoenix. The almighty yen can buy a series. It can buy tracks and it can easily buy the participants, but it can not and hasn't bought the fans.

A fellow hater.

RaceGrrl
08-29-04, 10:49 AM
Right on, Spicoli! St. Pete will be disappointed when they see their race flop because the real racing fans won't go to their dumbed down event. It's just wrong, very wrong- to think of crapwagons on any street or road course. FTG indeed.

DaveL
08-29-04, 10:51 AM
A street race in the IRL?

Well I'll be.

I betcha the teams are going to spend the winter working on the engines they own so they can get them to work best on the street course, and they'll be looking to hire the best sprint car ace they can find to race the car.

Oh wait.

RTKar
08-29-04, 10:55 AM
"Yopu can steal our teams, steal our drivers, steal our tracks, and steal our sponsors. But you will NEVER steal the hearts of the ChampCar fans. NEVER."

I think I said that exact same thing awhile ago...They won't get me, whether they road race or not.

Methanolandbrats
08-29-04, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE=DaveL]A street race in the IRL?

Won't it be dangerous when all those gearbox parts fly into the crowd? One or two of the tens of people attending could be injured. :)

Sean O'Gorman
08-29-04, 11:23 AM
Wow, stealing another CART venue. More forward thinking by the IRL. :rolleyes:

spinner26
08-29-04, 11:40 AM
With the exception of a few select defectors the Wannabe League will have to do like NASCAB and hire in some "ringers" to drive for them. Can't you see Sharpe, Fisher, Buhl, AJsu*ks and the like turning right, using a brake, shifting gears. The carbon shops in Indy will be busy following these races.

KLang
08-29-04, 12:26 PM
I wonder how hard ChampCar tried to keep this venue?

jcollins28
08-29-04, 12:55 PM
I can't wait to see the track layout on this one. I really do not think it will be the same layout that CHAMP CAR ran. The reason is I think that the IRL will try to shy away from any time comparisons from the IRL times to CHAMPCAR, Toyota Atlantics and Trans Am. I wonder how Toyota will feel when there Toyota Atlantic car runs faster then there Crapwagon car!...lol

FCYTravis
08-29-04, 01:25 PM
Preach on, Brother Spicoli, preach on.

Oval-track drivers. All-Amurican engines. Open access. No leases. No right turns. No evil street races.

Is there any part of The Vision, 1.0.0 that's left?

Oh, right, I forgot: The part that says Tonee is in charge. :rolleyes:

Chief
08-29-04, 01:26 PM
FTG told ESPN just the other day....

I think you'll see us focusing more on our business and developing future opportunities that are unique to us. I have encouraged our people to stay away from anything that might look like we're sitting around trying to pick at the bones of the CART carcass. That's people's perception. We don't make phone calls to race promoters trying to steal races.

Too bad the media is so busy suckling to notice the horid hypocrisy in everything EArL. They all suck.

gjc2
08-29-04, 02:38 PM
Is the deal official?

George

Spicoli
08-29-04, 06:41 PM
Is the deal official?

George

Yep. Check the EARLStar.com on Cave-in's column. Homoco done bougght it out.

On a more positive note, word from TEAMxCheeeber, RB is gone, and they now have to rock on Tone's dime. :)

Another couple of familiar names have 2 former C^RT (you rock on brother Dependser :gomer: ) drivers and are trying to sign a Fort.5 sponsor for next year. 2 drivers you dig. :)

Bernie called.

:thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
08-29-04, 06:51 PM
We all know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but in this case it makes all concerned want to puke their guts out with rage. :flame:

fourrunner
08-29-04, 07:02 PM
I had hoped to attend the Champ Car St. Pete's Race when announced ... will now direct my money (I'm a Big Spender when visiting other Cities) toward another Champ Car Venue...

I'm assuming that like most IRL events ... If the Free Tickets don't include a Hot Dog & a Soda , the fans just bring a can of Tuna Fish from home or steal it from a convenience store...

I heard that at Nazareth Today, if you showed up they just let you in!!

Cam
08-29-04, 07:42 PM
I heard that at Nazareth Today, if you showed up they just let you in!!

Almost.... Youo had to have a Red Hat on.... :rolleyes:

fourrunner
08-29-04, 08:07 PM
Is Homoco one of those "South Beach Gianni Versace Broadway Showtunes" kind of things ?

Insomniac
08-29-04, 08:28 PM
Damn, Barry Green was involved. :(

Lizzerd
08-29-04, 08:37 PM
tony stated a year or so ago that we fans would come "kicking and screaming". Well - none that i know of. Yopu can steal our teams, steal our drivers, steal our tracks, and steal our sponsors. But you will NEVER steal the hearts of the ChampCar fans. NEVER. All the free tickets in the world can't buy you success.

Amen, my brother! Amen! Can I get another amen!?

FTG
08-29-04, 08:37 PM
Fear not. Everything Tony touches turns to crap.

Hink
08-29-04, 09:01 PM
Fear not. Everything Tony touches turns to crap.

You've really gotta give it to him for his consistentcy in certain areas.

FTG

Madmaxfan2
08-29-04, 10:13 PM
Was Chris Pook a TG plant? I know this comes form spyplanes, but back in my 7th Gear posts I actually asked what was Pookis up to. Remember, another hidden man in the IRL early days was Jack Long, who I believe had an instumental role in th LPGA, and Chris' legacy is the LPGA first, not CART.

SurfaceUnits
08-29-04, 10:23 PM
OWRS told St. Pete to FO several weeks ago. Pete will have a couple years of crapwagons and then nothing for the rest of eternity. Oh, and HoMoCo is in with earl for the long haul.

FanofMario
08-29-04, 11:27 PM
Barry Green? Man, the treason just grows. :shakehead I still can't visualize those crapwagons attempting a street course.

oddlycalm
08-30-04, 03:36 AM
"We don't make phone calls to race promoters trying to steal races." :saywhat: :gomer: :laugh: :rofl: ..... ahem, ok Bub, whatever you say.

The Vision
Revision 18.12
And so it came to pass in the land of Flawduh that there was street race. At a small munincipal airport just North of Indianapolis a great roar rose up as the pigs turned onto the active runway, fed in the throttle, and began their takeoff roll...

oc

FTG
08-30-04, 07:43 AM
HoMoCo is in with earl for the long haul.

I was wondering about this. I really haven't heard anything about them going to NASCAR. But if Toyota leaves, which they will, racing in front of empty seats seems pretty dumb.

gjc2
08-30-04, 07:51 AM
Another couple of familiar names have 2 former C^RT (you rock on brother Dependser :gomer: ) drivers and are trying to sign a Fort.5 sponsor for next year. 2 drivers you dig. :)

Bernie called.

:thumbup:

I don't understand that part of your post. Do you mean that two former CART drivers will have rides in Champ Car next year? Will there be five new sponsors? Is Ecclestone involved?

George

Spicoli
08-30-04, 08:24 AM
I don't understand that part of your post. Do you mean that two former CART drivers will have rides in Champ Car next year? Will there be five new sponsors? Is Ecclestone involved?

George

with all due respect - maybe you're supposed to read some optimism into some subtle hints.

dando
08-30-04, 01:38 PM
with all due respect - maybe you're supposed to read some optimism into some subtle hints.
Damn. I must have misplaced my magic decoder ring.... ;)

-Kevin

sundaydriver2
08-30-04, 03:47 PM
You could write a novel on the hypocracy that is FTG. Everthing this guy does is to spite Champ Car. The one thing he doesn't understand is that nobody likes him and his pathetic series doesn't have any fans. The Irrelevent Racing League having a race on a street course will alientate the 15 fans left.

I am going to look forward to how much money they lose, how few fans turn out and their POS cars wrecking at every turn. I also hope that Honda stays in the Earl forever, those two dumb ****s deserve each other.

I was hoping Champ Car would secure this event but I guess not. I will just pick out another race to fly to and spend my dollars. Looks like St. Petes lost a first time vistor.

FTG FHonda :thumbup:

Spicoli
08-30-04, 03:47 PM
Damn. I must have misplaced my magic decoder ring.... ;)

-Kevin

I'll decode it for you:

There are some former drivers working with people associated with CCWS and are trying to land a Fortune 500 company (who has a surprising interest in the series) and get a 2 car team going for next year.

There are a lot of people presenting interest right now - as sponsors, drivers wanting in, 3 new teams trying to form, etc etc.

Like 'bird said: Champ has made something out of nothing before, they can do it again. That keeps me optimistic. Then I hear more good news yesterday.

Remember - this is the season that wasn;t supposed to even happen. Granted we have a crappy Spike broadcast, not much promotion, and the enemy is right on our every move...but we have to keep moving forward, and tthat's what is happening.

I can't name names, but you would like the outcome of what I heard yesterday. Homoco & Yoda have a bunch of guys noone cares about. Fine. They stage races that no one wants to pay to see. Fine. Why go to the EARL?

ChampCar has the momentum.

FCYTravis
08-30-04, 05:18 PM
Remember - this is the season that wasn't supposed to even happen.
Yep. The gomers said ours was a series that was dead, with venues that didn't exist and teams with no sponsorship or drivers.

Seems like their powers of clairvoyance were slightly off. Maybe it was the tin foil hats?

Spicoli
08-30-04, 05:59 PM
Yep. The gomers said ours was a series that was dead, with venues that didn't exist and teams with no sponsorship or drivers.

Seems like their powers of clairvoyance were slightly off. Maybe it was the tin foil hats?

Defender is trying to get his money back from Miss Cleo. :gomer:

JT265
08-30-04, 08:19 PM
Defender is trying to get his money back from Miss Cleo. :gomer:

Somebody outta tell the dumb gomer that putting a sawbuck in the old skanks G-string at the Classy-Chassis ain't the best way of forwarding it to Ms. Cleo.

Spicoli
08-30-04, 10:03 PM
Somebody outta tell the dumb gomer that putting a sawbuck in the old skanks G-string at the Classy-Chassis ain't the best way of forwarding it to Ms. Cleo.

there's a whole forum obver at Speedtv where you can smack up on depender's head for free. :gomer:

that was epic there for a while.

I've never had the chance to smack him around before. TFF.

Lizzerd
08-30-04, 10:47 PM
I just spent an hour over there reading the DependsBoy smackdowns. "Open Wheel Forum" if I remember correctly.... Good laughs!

Sean O'Gorman
08-30-04, 11:13 PM
Oh wow, that is some entertaining stuff! :laugh:

"Mr. Doodle" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: