PDA

View Full Version : More race car photos

RTKar
08-28-04, 07:01 PM
I loaded some photos from earlier this summer of the USAC Midget and Sprint races at the Milwaukee Mile. I shot from the infield between turns 3 and 4 which gave a great view of the drivers working the steering as they slid and accelerated. There's a wealth of talent in both series and some tremendous racing.

http://community.webshots.com/album/180508070Iopsmu

I also included a series of photos from the vintage Millers event at the Mile from July. It was enjoyable seeing the progression of racing technology up close. My first races as a kid I remember seeing a few Watson roadsters in the field as back markers, so it brought back fond memories seeing them back on the track. I especially liked the details and "texture" of the old cars; the numbers, the decals including the drivers name along with the chief mechanic. I look forward to taking this event in again next year.

http://community.webshots.com/album/180655737Fsszei

Railbird
08-28-04, 09:09 PM
Very cool pics RT, thanks for sharing. As you know I was at the midget/silvercrown double header and really enjoyed seeing the uprights on the mile.

The Harry Miller deal is about as cool as it gets. I attended it a couple years ago and was amazed at the number of well turned out vintage classics lapping the mile. My old buddy mac miller took me around pointing out which car had been found where and who restored it when. Very interesting day.

Plus I got to drive thirty or forty laps around the place using the rental to help dry the track.

Peter Venkman
09-04-04, 03:13 PM
Very cool pics RT, thanks for sharing. As you know I was at the midget/silvercrown double header and really enjoyed seeing the uprights on the mile.

The Harry Miller deal is about as cool as it gets. I attended it a couple years ago and was amazed at the number of well turned out vintage classics lapping the mile. My old buddy mac miller took me around pointing out which car had been found where and who restored it when. Very interesting day.

Plus I got to drive thirty or forty laps around the place using the rental to help dry the track.

If your old buddy Mac Miller is the same one that frequents the IRL/Crack/Lemming (place your favorite dispargaing idiom as you please) forum, he and I have a very polarized relationship, but I do know that we love the same kind of cars.