PDA

View Full Version : Danica

nz_climber
08-26-04, 08:09 PM
Might be off to the irl with boobby rahole :shakehead :shakehead

please don't go!

linky (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/12643/)

FBR

edit - sorry if this is old news....

Methanolandbrats
08-26-04, 08:15 PM
Someone in Champcar should line up a sponsor and buy her from Rahole. Entice her to jump ship with some cash. Rahole sure could'nt complain about those tactics.

Lizzerd
08-26-04, 08:44 PM
FREE DANICA!
FREE DANICA!
FREE DANICA!

This fine young lady wants to road race, Booby, you ***...

What the heck kind of leash does that chrome dome (no offense intended, Warlock) traitor have on her? Sugar daddy maybe? No way in H-E-double hockey sticks can she want to go roundy round all season, with perhaps a couple chances to slog around with the rest of the slugs on a couple road courses. This cannot happen on her own free will.

FREE DANICA!
FREE DANICA!
FREE DANICA!

nrc
08-26-04, 09:26 PM
It's a shame but I don't think there's any hope. Pity she hasn't won a race, but she's still got more talent than any of the other gals that have gone to Indy.

Rogue Leader
08-26-04, 09:37 PM
It's a shame but I don't think there's any hope. Pity she hasn't won a race, but she's still got more talent than any of the other gals that have gone to Indy.

Ehh Lyn St James was pretty damn good... IMO probably better than Danica, or at least equal.

Fio1
08-27-04, 12:51 AM
smart move. does anybody really believe she can do anything special in champcar? :saywhat:

Lizzerd
08-27-04, 01:11 AM
smart move. does anybody really believe she can do anything special in champcar? :saywhat:

That's not the point. Like I said, there is no freaking way she wants to be a
circle racer! If Atlantics isn't in her future, go to ALMS, GrandAm (God forbid), or Speed GT.

And, I'll ask again, how thick is the leash that Rahole has her tethered to?

Hink
08-27-04, 03:18 AM

Whaddaya mean? Like win?

She absolutely needs an Atlantics win this year.

Not a bad driver at all, but the missing win before graduating means ... ?

Robstar
08-27-04, 04:52 AM
Pity she hasn't won a race, but she's still got more talent than any of the other gals that have gone to Indy.

Let alone Fabio... :shakehead

nrc
08-27-04, 05:36 PM
Ehh Lyn St James was pretty damn good... IMO probably better than Danica, or at least equal.

I disagree. I followed Lynn from the time she was running Kelly American Challenge and I don't think she ever had the drive or agression that Danica has shown. I also think Danica is still on the learning curve and could continue to improve. All told I think where Lynn was pretty much a field filler Danica could be a top ten runner and might eventually challenge for podiums.

The bad news is that she could easily become Tony's next poster child and if that happens you can expect to see her winning races with sudden, inexplicable bursts of speed...

Methanolandbrats
08-27-04, 05:44 PM
I disagree. I followed Lynn from the time she was running Kelly American Challenge and I don't think she ever had the drive or agression that Danica has shown. I also think Danica is still on the learning curve and could continue to improve. All told I think where Lynn was pretty much a field filler Danica could be a top ten runner and might eventually challenge for podiums.

The bad news is that she could easily become Tony's next poster child and if that happens you can expect to see her winning races with sudden, inexplicable bursts of speed... This is the correct answer and probably what will happen :mad:

Fio1
08-28-04, 01:09 AM
That's not the point. Like I said, there is no freaking way she wants to be a
circle racer! If Atlantics isn't in her future, go to ALMS, GrandAm (God forbid), or Speed GT.

And, I'll ask again, how thick is the leash that Rahole has her tethered to?

Yo, drivers go were the opportunities lie. If no one is knocking at her door in Sportscar, then whet do you want her to do? Hang out and walk the paddock during race weekends, hoping to get a ride? :rolleyes:

BTW, I could name you 300 drivers in sportscar racing world I'd put in the car before Danica. I saw her work, and I wasn't impressed one bit. "These brakes suck a$$," is something, I've never heard a race car driver say during a debriefing. She's overrated big time in my book. Danica's good for a chick, but why would I need to hire a chick? :shakehead oh, and if I did need to get a chick to drive my car, I'd go to Germany and hire Sabine Schmitz! :cool:

Lizzerd
08-28-04, 09:50 AM
Nowere did I say that Danica DESERVED a ride, ANYWHERE. Again, my point was that, aside from possibly HAVING a ride for next year, she can't be too happy about it being in a circle jerk "league".

And, how much control does Booby have over her?

rjohnson999
08-28-04, 10:06 AM
And as has been pointed out to you on many previous occaisions, you aren't a car owner. Maybe your opinion of drivers has something to do with it.

BTW, I could name you 300 drivers in sportscar racing world I'd put in the car before Danica. I saw her work, and I wasn't impressed one bit. "These brakes suck a$$," is something, I've never heard a race car driver say during a debriefing. She's overrated big time in my book. Danica's good for a chick, but why would I need to hire a chick? :shakehead oh, and if I did need to get a chick to drive my car, I'd go to Germany and hire Sabine Schmitz! :cool:

Railbird
08-28-04, 12:52 PM
Other than being cute what has this driver accomplished to cause all this concern?

If she can wrangle a paycheck out of Honda I say more power to her.

nrc
08-28-04, 03:13 PM
Other than being cute what has this driver accomplished to cause all this concern?

If she can wrangle a paycheck out of Honda I say more power to her.

If all were right with the world Champ car would be chock full of talented drivers including two Rahal entries and Danica would stay in Atlantic until she's, um, fully developed. But if it ain't, so a talented female driver with charisma and potential is a good thing for any series she goes to.

Sean O'Gorman
08-28-04, 05:16 PM
I don't get it. Every other driver on the Champ Car grid is there because their parents had invested 6-7 figures worth into their driving career to make them professional drivers and no one complains (aside from the obvious ones, like Philippe), yet a driver like Danica gets to this level becaus she can attract sponsorship and suddenly she is undeserving of the level shes at. Double standard, anyone?

Railbird
08-28-04, 05:42 PM
When she shows more potential than Ranger or Dalziel I'll start to be concerned with where she goes.

Untill then she's just another gimmick imo.

Lizzerd
08-28-04, 06:16 PM
edit... Never mind...

mueber
08-30-04, 09:30 AM
She's a big girl, sorta.

If she loves road racing as much as she says she does, she can stay in Atlantics ala Fogarty. But it doesn't appear she LOVES road racing as much as she says she does.

That's why I find it so hard to respect anyone in this sport anymore. No one ought to go chasing after her, but someone ought to be making sure that Fogarty and Dalziel get champ car rides next year.

nrc
08-30-04, 10:09 AM
She's a big girl, sorta.

If she loves road racing as much as she says she does, she can stay in Atlantics ala Fogarty. But it doesn't appear she LOVES road racing as much as she says she does.

Different situation. Fogarty turned down a contract knowing that it would be for the IRL. Danica is already under contract with Rahal. She doesn't have the option of going somewhere and Rahal isn't going to offer it to her.

pchall
08-30-04, 11:28 AM
Each time I scan the practice times, quals, and results I think that Patrick would be much better off on a real Atlantics team. For all their resources in their Hilliard shop, they've never produced much in the way of results under Booby's leadership.

SAdair
08-30-04, 04:11 PM
I thought, if I remember correctly, Danica's contract was up at the end of this season. If she is going to run in circles next year then she would have choosen to re-up with Rahal and knowing full well that she would end up there.

nrc
08-30-04, 05:31 PM
I thought, if I remember correctly, Danica's contract was up at the end of this season. If she is going to run in circles next year then she would have choosen to re-up with Rahal and knowing full well that she would end up there.

Most sources say "multi-year" but some say it's a three year contract. She signed after Long Beach, in 2002 so who knows when it actually ends.

Digging around for info on the contract I found an intersting rumor on the ESPN boards that Danica still wants to run in Champ Car. The rumor is that Centrix Finanical is shopping their sponsorship for a Champ Car team to run Danica. No idea whether there's anything to that at all, but you've got to think they'd rather have her in Denver than Pike Peak.

mapguy
08-30-04, 06:15 PM
She's a big girl

Unfortunately not in the right area..
:eek:

'Bird will back me up on this one. And for some strange reason, so will JT.

JT265
08-30-04, 10:44 PM
Unfortunately not in the right area..
:eek:

'Bird will back me up on this one. And for some strange reason, so will JT.

Consider yourself backed. For some strange reason. :D