PDA

View Full Version : Fabio buys Mi-Jack a second Lola

The Doctor
08-25-04, 07:13 PM
At least they got one. Only Reynard now in the hands of Walker.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8260

As for Philippe, the young driver is thrilled to be back in a Lola. We did well in Denver with the less-desirable Reynard, so I expect to improve my results dramatically with my new car. My teammate, Justin Wilson, also has previous experience on this track, so his input will be very valuable throughout the weekend. I am ready to rock 'n' roll in Montreal!", said the always-energetic Philippe.

The acquisition of a second Lola chassis is part of Mi-Jack Conquest Racing's commitment to becoming one of the top team's in the series, and to compete for championships in the near future. Team manager Chris Mower and his crew have been working diligently to have Philippe's car ready for the Canadian race. "We raced a Reynard in Denver, tested it in Las Vegas immediately thereafter, returned to Indianapolis, then had five days to build the new Lola. Our schedule has been insane! We don't expect the Montreal race to be easy for us, but then again, nothing has come easy for this team so far. Fortunately, we are a solid operation with one goal in mind: winning. We do whatever it takes to achieve that."

Cam
08-25-04, 07:30 PM
So now we can add "chassis buyin'" to the ride buyin' hack monikker? :gomer:

Jag_Warrior
08-25-04, 08:12 PM
"We don't expect the Montreal race to be easy for us, but then again, nothing has come easy for this team so far. Fortunately, we are a solid operation with one goal in mind: winning. We do whatever it takes to achieve that."

winning. We do whatever it takes to achieve that. Hot dog! Alain Prost to Champ Cars! That's all I need for confirmation. Somebody get me Marxie's email addy. I'm gettin' published about 15 minutes from now! Woo! :gomer:

RTKar
08-25-04, 08:48 PM
So now we can add "chassis buyin'" to the ride buyin' hack monikker? :gomer:

I was hoping we were done with this guy... :shakehead ....He oughta be treated like an old codger who needs a driving test every year at the DMV. Phillipe should have to take a test before every race to show a minimum level of competence for that weekends track. He's not what we need for the good of the series.

FanofMario
08-25-04, 11:56 PM
It is this guy and a couple others that really dilute our fields IMO. I know its all about the dollar, but come on, this guy is a first class wanker! :mad:

skaven
08-25-04, 11:57 PM
Does it say who is actually paying for the new Lola?

Regardless, it is good to see Mi-Jack getting a second Lola. It only helps the series long-term to have as many quality cars on the track as possible. We'll keep working on getting better drivers.

I actually enjoyed watching Phillipe at Denver. It was an adventure most times he came into Turn 9. I was amazed at how many slow lines there are through that corner. It really put Bourdais drive in perspective.

Methanolandbrats
08-26-04, 12:27 AM
OK, which is it.

1) this hippie wanker does not have enough cash to be an F1 backmarker

or

2) No matter how much money he has, F1 won't let a ****bag like him on the track.

nz_climber
08-26-04, 12:32 AM
Fabio to BAR ....(I hear they need a new driver) you heard it here first ;) :gomer:

chop456
08-26-04, 08:32 AM
The ultimate:

Wilson qualifies 5th. He stuffs his Lola in Sunday morning warm-up. Bachelart yanks the hair farmer out of the second Lola and puts him in the old Reynard, which they've been hauling around in duffle bags on top of the transporter. :D

Nelson - get in Atlantics. Better yet, Palmer Audi (does that still exist?). Then I won't have to see you on TV.

JT265
08-26-04, 09:16 AM
Nelson - get in Atlantics. Better yet, Palmer Audi (does that still exist?). Then I won't have to see you on TV.

No Atlantics for Samson " I earned the right to be in ChampCar, didn't I dad?" wannabe poser. Please.

Yeah, Palmer Audi would be great. He would get completely befuddled trying to find Jonathan and his forgotten series. Which is a good thing.

Vive la France!!!! :thumbup:

Chiphead_Dave
08-26-04, 10:25 AM
Maybe he will park the Lola next to his 3 new jetskis and the Renard near the "old ones" that he doesn't ride anymore at his "pad" in Florida.

To borrow a phrase. That guy is a F#$&TARD.

I hope he is DFL every race this year.

RTKar
08-26-04, 11:05 AM
I'm sure there are some folks here that would smoke him at their local Karting track.

pchall
08-26-04, 11:57 AM
I'm sure there are some folks here that would smoke him at their local Karting track.

At some time or another Kid Phillipe will need to stop driving like my sister in her New Beetle -- conscientiously looking in the mirrors for faster traffic, merging with extreme care, and not passing anybody.

And Kid Phillipe has a long way to go to even be equal with my sister in late braking. :rofl:

Steve99
08-26-04, 12:17 PM
It is this guy and a couple others that really dilute our fields IMO. I know its all about the dollar, but come on, this guy is a first class wanker! :mad:

I'm not clear about the wanker classification system. He could be worse, and take out a leader's car when he is getting lapped. At least he stays out of other peoples way.

pchall
08-26-04, 12:24 PM
I'm not clear about the wanker classification system. He could be worse, and take out a leader's car when he is getting lapped. At least he stays out of other peoples way.

Good point. Your description is of a 3rd Class Wanker. If he wanks any less he might become a Journeyman Backmarker 2nd Class.

BTW, Col. Klink has all the appropriate 'Iron Tire Star with Ribbon' for all the levels of Wankerdom available at his merch trailer at all Grand Prix and other selected events. Gen. Burkhalter needed a craft hobby in his retirement and it pays their beer and gemütlichkeit bills on the road.
:gomer:

chop456
08-26-04, 12:33 PM

Maybe Verstappen can get some lessons if he comes over.

Spicoli
08-26-04, 12:51 PM
What a bunch of haters.

Ziggy
08-26-04, 07:22 PM
Is there an upside to any of this????

If he does not stack it up, maybe a REAL driver will end up with this car. I hope the conversation goes something like this

Fabios Dad - "Ok, Ok, quit your crying. I bought you a new Lola and a better crew. If you cant stay within three seconds of the pole time, your going to quit cause Im not spending another freakin' dime on your toys" ***

Fabio - Uh,,,Uh,,,, Ok dad. Can you give me twenty bucks so I can go see Spiderman with my homies?????

**** = I actually heard Buzz Calkins father have this conversation over the air waves at mid ohio when buzz was running Indy Lights

L1P1
08-26-04, 07:54 PM
This makes me wonder....

Hypothetically, let's say that you're a rich young wanker - but young enough that with some experience, you might become a mid-pack, or even one of the better drivers. Assume further that you've got the sense and skills to stay well out of the way of all but your extreme wanker brethren.

Should you go to Atlantics and try to work your way to the front? Or go directly to CCWS and patiently try to work youself from DFL to mid-pack quasi-respect? Say two equal drivers each took one of those paths for three years. On the fourth year, which would do better in CCWS?

Railbird
08-26-04, 08:41 PM
Ask Jourdain

JT265
08-26-04, 10:18 PM
This makes me wonder....

Hypothetically, let's say that you're a rich young wanker - but young enough that with some experience, you might become a mid-pack, or even one of the better drivers. Assume further that you've got the sense and skills to stay well out of the way of all but your extreme wanker brethren.

Should you go to Atlantics and try to work your way to the front? Or go directly to CCWS and patiently try to work youself from DFL to mid-pack quasi-respect? Say two equal drivers each took one of those paths for three years. On the fourth year, which would do better in CCWS?

Here's my take. If you suck at 80mph, what's 200 gonna do for you?

mantom
08-27-04, 02:24 AM

blow

RTKar
08-27-04, 08:24 AM

Walk with a bigger limp....

mueber
08-27-04, 11:31 AM
CART used to have bunches of no talent ride buyers. Remember Dennis (the menace) Vitolo? When it became a first-class series, the ride buyers pretty much disappeared. When it becomes a first class series again, Fabio will be gone. Until then, it's a car on the gird that OWRS isn't paying for, or isn't paying as much for, and I for one, am happy about that.

KLang
08-27-04, 11:47 AM
13th in the first practice.

slashman
08-27-04, 11:59 AM
13th in the first practice.

While driving only 9 laps.... You know he's just a kid but he's doing not bad.. :thumbup:

pchall
08-27-04, 01:06 PM
While driving only 9 laps.... You know he's just a kid but he's doing not bad.. :thumbup:

Guy Smith must be wandering the paddock muttering "Oil can, oil can, oil can".

SurfaceUnits
08-27-04, 05:09 PM
MiJack bought that Lola from Rahal, according to a Race Director listener

Spicoli
08-27-04, 06:34 PM
MiJack bought that Lola from Rahal, according to a Race Director listener

So I guess Booby ain't comin back?
:saywhat:

Another reason to celebrate. :thumbup: :p

datachicane
08-27-04, 06:49 PM
Ask Jourdain

Bingo.

Color me wanker-blind.

nrc
08-27-04, 07:56 PM
I guess Honda's lease on it ran out.

Sean O'Gorman
08-27-04, 08:35 PM
I guess Honda's lease on it ran out.

Or maybe they forgot that Rahal's being able to put a price on anything can work against them as well.