PDA

View Full Version : Corey Dillon going nowhere

nrc
08-22-04, 12:46 PM
Corey Dillion returned to Cincinnati on Saturday night and went nowhere.

http://www.bengals.com/press/img/gallery040821-3.jpg

The Bengals shut Dillon down so completely the Pats played him in the third quarter where he gained most of his 31 yards against the Bengals second team.

So sad, Corey. You were a great back through a lot of bad years in Cincy, but you're not bigger than the team. Especially now that it's a Marvin Lewis team.

dando
08-22-04, 04:01 PM
Don't forget the fumble after catching a pass. :D CD's act grew old very quickly. Time to look forward now...impressive game on both side of the ball by the Bungles. Especially considering both teams played their starters for the first half. I really like Palmer ALOT! :thumbup:

-Kevin

Insomniac
08-24-04, 05:22 PM
Don't forget the fumble after catching a pass. :D CD's act grew old very quickly. Time to look forward now...impressive game on both side of the ball by the Bungles. Especially considering both teams played their starters for the first half. I really like Palmer ALOT! :thumbup:

-Kevin

BB put the 2nd String D in after the second series and left them in the rest of the first half. Of course, I'm not saying the Bengals didn't whip the Patriots. They dominated them. But, it was only pre-season. Lucky for them. :)

Ziggy
08-24-04, 06:18 PM
Cory Dillion will wear out several pairs of shoes running the ball for New England

to bad he didnt want to stick around and play for a loser outfit like the BenGals

They still got Chuck Muncie's phone number??????????

Don Quixote
08-24-04, 07:26 PM
You tell em Ziggy. You gotta love the hapless Bungles getting all excited about a pre season game.

dando
08-24-04, 08:07 PM
BB put the 2nd String D in after the second series and left them in the rest of the first half. Of course, I'm not saying the Bengals didn't whip the Patriots. They dominated them. But, it was only pre-season. Lucky for them. :)
I recall Ty Law, et al. still playing in the 3rd quarter. Bellyache may have subbed a few guys, but that's like the 1st stringers for many teams.

-Kevin

dando
08-24-04, 08:08 PM
Cory Dillion will wear out several pairs of shoes running the ball for New England

to bad he didnt want to stick around and play for a loser outfit like the BenGals

They still got Chuck Muncie's phone number??????????
He'll go hoarse bitchin' and moanin' 1st. "The turf sucks." The weather is too cold." CD is Prima donna and predictable.

-Kevin

nrc
08-24-04, 08:29 PM
"Loser outfit?" "Hapless Bungles?" You guys may be in for as big a surprise as the Chiefs got last year. :D

dando
08-24-04, 10:14 PM
You tell em Ziggy. You gotta love the hapless Bungles getting all excited about a pre season game.
Oh, and it could be worse....I could be a Brownies fan... :D

Top 9 most overpaid NFL players (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2686788)

2. Courtney Brown, DE, Browns....

3. Gerard Warren, DT, Browns

:p

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-25-04, 10:05 AM
Oh, and it could be worse....I could be a Brownies fan...

Ouch.

Insomniac
08-25-04, 05:08 PM
I recall Ty Law, et al. still playing in the 3rd quarter. Bellyache may have subbed a few guys, but that's like the 1st stringers for many teams.

-Kevin

He and all the starters were put back in for the second half. But they were out after the first series until then. BB benched every defensive starter.

Insomniac
08-25-04, 05:10 PM
He'll go hoarse bitchin' and moanin' 1st. "The turf sucks." The weather is too cold." CD is Prima donna and predictable.

-Kevin

I don't see it happening. If he even starts to bitch the rest of the team will shut him up. And BB won't hesitate to deactivate him either. Plus, they can dump him with no consequence.

CD is going to prove himself. Wait until Week 14.