PDA

View Full Version : Jos the boss talking with Forsythe about 2005!

Fio1
08-21-04, 11:59 PM
Word on the street is that Jos Vertstappen is talking with Forsythe about running champcars in 2005. Jos would do well in Champcars and is always good for some sponsorship money. In other Verstappen news, he recently broke his knee in a karting accident in Holand.

SteveH
08-22-04, 12:38 AM
Jos to replace Patrick?

anait
08-22-04, 12:56 AM
In other Verstappen news, he recently broke his knee in a karting accident in Holand.

Any slapping involved??

mexican
08-22-04, 01:50 AM
I'd rather have Emerson Newton-John get the ride

Railbird
08-22-04, 10:13 AM
If indeed this would be a Jos/Carp swap I don't see a net gain for Champcar in either talent or fan attraction.

Unless of course the amigos have a euro swing in mind

Cam
08-22-04, 10:18 AM
Great! Air horn blowing Dutchies behind me at a CART race! Wonderful! :rolleyes:

pchall
08-22-04, 11:57 AM
Great! Air horn blowing Dutchies behind me at a CART race! Wonderful! :rolleyes:

Just think of all the Canadian and US fans there with bullhorns if he is the PT replacement after he gets bought by NASCAR/Canada. :gomer:

Fio1
08-22-04, 04:38 PM
Honestly, I think the Champcar organization is going to help pay for Jos's ride. You remember all those Orange Champcar t-shirts nobody bought? Well, those air-horn blowing Dutch fans will buy them at full price! :p

Jag_Warrior
08-22-04, 05:06 PM
Hmm, Jos Doorstoppen. Be still my heart! :rolleyes:

RobC71
08-22-04, 05:35 PM
Crazy Dutch bastard.

Rob C

stroker
08-22-04, 06:11 PM
The Netherlands? Didn't the Wehrmacht make a rest stop there on the way to Russia?

4wheeldrifter
08-23-04, 08:13 AM

I hear Junior likes roadracin' too, when he's not the entree at a barbecue (just funnin' Jr, get well soon). Maybe he'd be up fer a little open wheel roadracin'. Then you could get warm Bumwiper spilled down your back rather than hearing that damn air horn. :gomer:

pchall
08-23-04, 11:07 AM
I hear Junior likes roadracin' too, when he's not the entree at a barbecue ... :gomer:

There's a Big Daddy's BBQ Sauce sponsorship rumor in there somewhere.

RTKar
08-23-04, 12:12 PM
There's a Big Daddy's BBQ Sauce sponsorship rumor in there somewhere.

... & Grill-to Go.

chop456
08-23-04, 01:50 PM
Fantastic.

A guy whose 2 biggest claims to fame are not being burned to death and crashing Montoya out at Brazil.

RichK
08-23-04, 01:58 PM
I'd rather have Emerson Newton-John get the ride

Didn't he just leave Rocketsports for the Mi-Jack team?
:p

cart7
08-23-04, 02:41 PM
It's bad enough we're getting guys who couldn't cut it in F1 but Jos couldn't cut it at Minardi. :rolleyes:

jonovision_man
08-23-04, 02:48 PM
It's bad enough we're getting guys who couldn't cut it in F1 but Jos couldn't cut it at Minardi. :rolleyes:

That's nonsense, Jos is a very decent driver who has a good reputation as a guy who can charge.

The guy did well at Stewart and lit it up at Arrows. He was only at Minardi out of desparation, nothing else left in the field for him.

Champcars would be better for it if the rumours hold true! :)

Chaos
08-23-04, 03:23 PM
he has lots of dutch money behind him. what remains to be seen is if they'll follow him to ChampCar.

Don Quixote
08-23-04, 03:25 PM
That's nonsense, Jos is a very decent driver who has a good reputation as a guy who can charge.

One of my all time favorite Jos moments was when DC was stuck behind him for about 20 laps at Monaco. I think he was driving an Arrows at the time, and he refused to pull over to let DC go around, and DC didn't have the balls to make a pass. :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
08-23-04, 03:28 PM
One of my all time favorite Jos moments was when DC was stuck behind him for about 20 laps at Monaco. I think he was driving an Arrows at the time, and he refused to pull over to let DC go around, and DC didn't have the balls to make a pass. :laugh:That was Enrique Bernoldi.

Not that I like this JV that much either but the guy was reasonably close to J.Wil last year so I don't think he would do too poorly in Champ Cars.

RichK
08-23-04, 03:29 PM
One of my all time favorite Jos moments was when DC was stuck behind him for about 20 laps at Monaco. I think he was driving an Arrows at the time, and he refused to pull over to let DC go around, and DC didn't have the balls to make a pass. :laugh:

That was Bernoldi, not Jos. It was for position, and for some reason DC figured that Enrique Bernoldi should get out of the way. He didn't, and didn't get ruffled at the Mclaren behind him.

At that moment I became a Bernoldi fan!

Don Quixote
08-23-04, 04:04 PM
My mistake. They say that memory is the second thing to go. :)

jonovision_man
08-24-04, 07:53 AM
My favourite Jos moment was when he passed <insert ludicrous number of overtaking manouvers> cars in only <tiny number of laps> laps. :)

I can't remember one - he did it so often. He was the king of the short fueled first stint, one of the few guys who had enough ability to overtake to make it work. I don't remember Jos being stuck behind anyone for more than a lap! :)

Didn't make up for his other shortcomings, though... one of the reasons why he had to overtake so many cars was his inability to qualifying well, almost always back in the pack.

Still, he'd be a hoot on a Champcar, I hope this comes good.

jono

pchall
08-24-04, 10:35 AM
My mistake. They say that memory is the second thing to go. :)

There's still hope. You did remember that cliché, ;)