PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca: Who's going/who's interested in this?

manic mechanic
08-21-04, 02:09 AM
Alright everyone,

We all know about the Saturday night gig. I would like to know who is going to be at the track (and "about town") on Friday.

Here is the schedule:

LAGUNA SECA FRIDAY SCHEDULE:

7:00 am: Gates open
8:00-8:30am: Trans Am Practice
8:45-9:45am: Formula BMW Practice
10:00-11:30am: Champ Car Practice
11:45-12:15pm: Toyota Atlantic Practice
12:30-1:00pm: Trans Am Practice
1:15-1:45pm: Pace car activities
2:00-3:00pm: Champ Car Qualifying
3:20-3:45pm: Formula BMW Qualifying #1
4:00-4:30pm: Toyota Atlantic Practice
*4:00-5:00pm: Champ Car Autograph session*
4:45-5:15pm: Trans Am Qualifying(?)

And this little deal:

The "Bridgestone Champ Car Night" street party on Friday night of race week.

Bridgestone Champ Car Night is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 10, from 5 to 9 p.m., and will take place on Alvarado Street in downtown Monterey, adjacent to Fisherman's Wharf. The fan-friendly event features driver appearances and autograph sessions, live music, race car displays and interactive elements, and other Bridgestone Grand Prix of Monterey-related entertainment.

The big query is: Who is up for an "informal" meet (have a drink, a bite to eat, etc.) after Champ Car Night? It could be an ideal opportunity for us to get to know others who they might want to hang with at other times during the rest of the weekend. :D

I know we could find a venue with good food and good libations close by, but we would need to have a number of people wanting to be there.

Let's hear it...If you think it sounds good, (or you think the idea sucks), let me know!

manic

ANAYA YATES
08-21-04, 11:11 AM
Manic.....you KNOW I'm in!

Sounds like we're going to have fun on Friday :p

ANAYA YATES

PS: I didn't forget the S in my name this time DAVE

fourrunner
08-21-04, 04:24 PM
I'm new in these parts ... Friday fun sounds good to me ... If you have to reserve, thats (2 ) for me!

Anteater
08-23-04, 07:57 PM
You know the Anteaters are always up for a party! :cool: :cool:

I was going to try to repeat my Portland adventure and get myself booked into a dance show in Monterey that Fri. night, but it may not happen. The Friday-night deal sounds like fun, anyway. So please pencil us in.

BTW, where did you find that Friday schedule, manic? It's the first one I've seen for this event. Nothing on the Champcar site or www.laguna-seca.com, either.

Dr. Corkski
08-23-04, 10:02 PM
I might make an apperance just so 4rnr would know where to find Chinese food. :D

FCYTravis
08-24-04, 04:36 AM
I'll be there, flagging as usual ;)

fourrunner
08-24-04, 08:34 AM
I might make an apperance just so 4rnr would know where to find Chinese food. :D

I have vowed NEVER to have Chinese Food while on Vacation ... There are so many other varieties to get sick on ... gotta give them a shot at me!!

It will be good to see you again Cork !! :thumbup:

manic mechanic
08-24-04, 10:34 PM
You know the Anteaters are always up for a party! :cool: :cool:

I was going to try to repeat my Portland adventure and get myself booked into a dance show in Monterey that Fri. night, but it may not happen. The Friday-night deal sounds like fun, anyway. So please pencil us in.

BTW, where did you find that Friday schedule, manic? It's the first one I've seen for this event. Nothing on the Champcar site or www.laguna-seca.com, either.

Ant, it was on the event schedule that came with my tickets. :D Just one more good reason to buy the Seca tickets at LBGP!

manic

manic mechanic
08-24-04, 10:37 PM
I have vowed NEVER to have Chinese Food while on Vacation ... There are so many other varieties to get sick on ... gotta give them a shot at me!!

It will be good to see you again Cork !! :thumbup:

Hey 4,

There is a place in Monterey that makes a crab alfredo pizza that will do you in... :thumdown: :shakehead

Is that a good start, or should I steer you towards the worst beer in town too?

manic

fourrunner
08-24-04, 11:35 PM
Manic....

You mean I have to bring out REAL PIZZA with me too ?? ;);)

manic mechanic
08-25-04, 09:29 PM
Manic....

You mean I have to bring out REAL PIZZA with me too ?? ;);)

Not by a long shot, 4..

You will just have to make a trip South (or to Vegas) for me to show you a good pizza :D

BJ's/ Chicago Brewing Co. in Vegas, Oggi's in SoCal (different companies, similar results).

manic

lisa
08-26-04, 12:53 AM
Cyclepath and I don't know our plans yet but hoping to meet up at the track or after with everyone. I'm flying in on Fri and will probably be at the track that afternoon.

Hey fourrunner, I missed seeing you again this year in toronto so it will be good seeing you there.

Anteater and cork, I haven't seen you guys in a couple of years. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting more people.

btw anteater, I was told a few months ago that you were going to be dancing there. Do you know yet?

Anteater
08-27-04, 01:44 PM
btw anteater, I was told a few months ago that you were going to be dancing there. Do you know yet?

Still working on it, lisa--details to follow. :D

Oh, THERE'S the event schedule in my ticket packet, manic! I overlooked it in my excitement; thanks for pointing it out.

FCYTravis
08-27-04, 01:52 PM
Count me in for whatever... just say the place, I'll be there!

Anteater
08-28-04, 01:50 PM
It turns out that I will be dancing at Kalisa's La Ida Cafe Friday night. If you are interested, please send me a PM for details, but I think you will have a choice of fun places to go after the Champ Car party. ;)

manic mechanic
09-01-04, 01:42 AM
It turns out that I will be dancing at Kalisa's La Ida Cafe Friday night. If you are interested, please send me a PM for details, but I think you will have a choice of fun places to go after the Champ Car party. ;)

Who says we have to stay at one place all night?? Can't we have a beer AND see you dance?? :thumbup: :D

Post some details on the location, Ant...I know you can draw a crowd!! ;)

manic

Nosuchsoul
09-01-04, 03:15 AM
Hey, how are those parties? Can I meet up with a few of you to hang out, since none of my friends go to races, (they suck). Plus what are the costs like? Can I do it for a hundred dollars?

manic mechanic
09-01-04, 11:49 PM
Hey, how are those parties? Can I meet up with a few of you to hang out, since none of my friends go to races, (they suck). Plus what are the costs like? Can I do it for a hundred dollars?

As to how to join us, it's very simple.

1: e-mail Anaya and make sure you are on her email list.

2: Keep an eye on this forum :D

You can find us at the track fairly easily. Check your PMs!

BTW, I could do most of the weekend at Seca on $100...It's not what you buy, it's where you shop! :rofl:

manic

RichK
09-02-04, 12:11 PM
Just read this on my local racing board:

"Laguna Seca and the City of Monterey are planning to put on a show in downtown Monterey (Alvarado St.)
Friday Sept. 10. This news has not been officially released as of today but it will happen in some fashion.
Pit compition, Burnout's Meet the drivers."

FCYTravis
09-02-04, 01:35 PM
Just read this on my local racing board:
You mean there's a racing board local to the SF Bay Area that isn't totally and completely infested with LEET STREET RACARZ YO? :laugh:

RichK
09-02-04, 01:43 PM
You mean there's a racing board local to the SF Bay Area that isn't totally and completely infested with LEET STREET RACARZ YO? :laugh:

:laugh:

I know what you mean. The Ferris Bueller quote comes to mind:
"I weep for the future." :cry:

Anteater
09-07-04, 12:36 AM
Nosuchsoul, all I can say is that the joys of a race weekend are multiplied when you have forum buddies to share them with (both at the track and at parties)! :thumbup: Hope you can join us.

As requested, here are the details on my gig:

WHERE:
Kalisa’s La Ida Café
851 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940
(831) 644-9316

It’s at the southernmost end of Cannery Row (corner of David Ave. and Cannery Row). The show is held on the top floor of Kalisa's; there's a $5.00 cover to get in.

WHEN: My friend Zorba, who set me up with the gig, tells people to show up NO LATER than 8:45 to see the Friday show. He estimates the official room capacity at 40 people max., and apparently there’s no air-conditioning.

Wine, beer, soft drinks, and ice cream are available downstairs. You buy your drinks etc. and bring them upstairs, since there are no servers upstairs.

This should be a hoot—the La Ida Café is a historical place, mentioned in John Steinbeck’s book Cannery Row. I believe it was a house of ill-repute in the book.

Anteater
09-07-04, 08:37 PM
A little more info about the Bridgestone Champ Car Night Street Festival here:
http://www.laguna-seca.com/Fan_Activities/

RHR_Fan
09-08-04, 08:37 PM
Hey! Even though I'm not going (I could have since I won free tickets, but had to give them up due to the fact that I have school), say "hi" to everyone for me (old 7G'ers/OC'ers) and say "hi" to some certain drivers for me too! Ladies, feel free to hug 'em for me! :D

~Nicole

CART License
09-10-04, 12:49 AM
I just attained a golf cart for the weekend…now who’s my best friend? And remembers my new cell number

Jamie

Winston Wolfe
09-10-04, 02:31 AM
I just attained a golf cart for the weekend…now who’s my best friend? And remembers my new cell number

Jamie

I do. I do....

I'm your best friend.

Your new celly is 1800-Jamie-ROX !!!!

(Did I win ?)