PDA

View Full Version : Champcar in Rio?

Lola_B70
08-20-04, 06:02 PM
Ok, I've never really had any news, but I ran across some interesting little details this past week.

A friend of mine who attended the race last weekend in Denver, dumped some interesting news in my lap. He was invited into the hot pits etc.(totally lucky, typical new fan luck) anyway....he starts talking to one of the guys in and around the top, via N/H. He tells me that they were discussing the track layout for the proposed street race in Rio'.
I told him there has been no mention of that that i was aware of...
so i continue to grill this newbie Champcar fan on the info'. He says it's almost or is a done deal, that Champcar will be holding a street race in Brazil.
I would be curious to find out if anyone else could shed some light on this possible situation. Fittipaldi has got to be behind some of this.

Anyway, something to chew on. When i get more info, and i will, i'll let you know. I would fly down there next year if CCWS gets that to happen.
Ciao.

KobySon
08-20-04, 06:16 PM
I'm getting married in Rio on July 2, 2005. That would be a trip if it fell on that weekend or an adjacent weekend. I could think of no better way to spend a honeymoon. :)

mantom
08-20-04, 10:02 PM
I'm getting married in Rio on July 2, 2005. That would be a trip if it fell on that weekend or an adjacent weekend. I could think of no better way to spend a honeymoon. :)

won't happen, that's Cleveland's timeslot.

nissan gtp
08-20-04, 10:43 PM
won't happen, that's Cleveland's timeslot.

too bad, now you'll have to think of something else to do on your honeymoon :rolleyes:

:D