PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3

nrc
08-19-04, 08:33 PM
If I'm a little jumpy it's because I've been playing Doom 3 and this game has just got me jumpy as hell. I mean I'll be sitting here playing AAAAGH! DON'T come up behind me like that! :saywhat:

No spoilers please!

JoeBob
08-19-04, 09:23 PM
One hint:

Don't eat the yellow snow.

I have no idea if that is related to the game or not, but it always seems like good advice.

racer2c
08-19-04, 09:39 PM
I've been meaning to ask you, nrc, how it's been going. I've read all the major reviews and can't wait to get my hands on it, unfortunately it will have to be the Xbox version that comes out next month as my PC video BLOWS, but at least it will have co-op.

nrc
08-20-04, 02:25 AM
I've been meaning to ask you, nrc, how it's been going. I've read all the major reviews and can't wait to get my hands on it, unfortunately it will have to be the Xbox version that comes out next month as my PC video BLOWS, but at least it will have co-op.

In a word: amazing. The graphics are just out of this world and the sound is a level beyond beyond anything I've played as well. They really draw you in with a lot of ambient sound. The level of emersion is amazing and they play on that by keeping you in constant fear of whatever is gong to jump out at you next.

Two minor disappointments - first they haven't really advanced the storytelling aspect of the FPS much past where Half Life brought it to. Second, they don't seem to have made much progress on monster AI. Monsters still don't have the sense to take cover when I find a spot where I can plink away out them from behind cover. I guess the undead are just that way.