PDA

View Full Version : Incoming!

mapguy
08-19-04, 05:37 AM
Crapus and Dr Corkski are going to love this.

According to both Autosport.com and ITV.com (http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=30927) . Jacques might be back at BAR. I knew that he would be back in '05 but not with BAR.

:) :thumbup:

Kiwifan
08-19-04, 06:11 AM
It's a strange world we live in master Jacques. ;)

Rusty.

Clown
08-19-04, 06:35 AM
Asked what how he reacted to news that Jenson Button was leaving the team, Villeneuve said: “The first thing I did was rebuild all the bridges that had been there in the past.Atleast he's honest :rofl:

Ankf00
08-19-04, 09:21 AM
anyone have a scrapbook of "JV to *****" articles? He's got more than Herbert to CART at this point I think ;)

chop456
08-19-04, 09:34 AM
Makes no sense. If they're looking for someone who will help with development, they might as well team Davidson with Sato. Maybe Jacques will be working for "free", as had been discussed. I hope he has something left, but I really doubt it.

Silly, indeed.

FTG
08-19-04, 09:57 AM
How many other drivers are available who have defeated Schuie for the driver's championship?

Robstar
08-19-04, 10:29 AM
How many other drivers are available who have defeated Schuie for the driver's championship?

I hear ya, but... How many good younger drivers are there - EVERYONE needs Ferrari to be pegged back a little, before they can shine... As a team owner, who would bank on (long term)... :eek: :confused:

I'd love to see JV back... :thumbup: Not sure it will happen though... :(

Dirty Sanchez
08-19-04, 11:17 AM
Oh wait, I thought he was going to be back at Williams next year? Ooops :gomer:

I can't wait til February when all the seats are nearly full and the Villeneuve to Jordan rumours surface.

JV fanboys... you gotta love 'em.

FTG
08-19-04, 11:24 AM
I understand why Rubens bends over for Schui, he gets a pretty big check and gets to drive a cool car, but I have no idea why so many fans do.

Dirty Sanchez
08-19-04, 11:28 AM
Rubens is on the same planet as Schumi one out of 20 races. He is overmatched.

Kinda like JV was last year against Button. ;)

Dr. Corkski
08-19-04, 03:04 PM
How many other drivers are available who have defeated Schuie for the driver's championship?Mika Hakkinen.

EDIT: Jack might be in a Ferrari next year. :D

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/040819163933.shtml

The Doctor
08-19-04, 03:51 PM
Villeneuve to Sauber!

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=30934

Jacques Villeneuve visited the Sauber factory in Switzerland this week, the team has confirmed.

Villeneuve is desperate for an F1 return after failing to find a seat for 2004.

It is thought that his first choice destination is BAR, the team he drove for between 1999 and 2003.

Villeneuve said on Thursday that he had buried the hatchet with BAR boss David Richards and was keen to return.

But that did not stop him heading to Sauber’s Hinwil HQ earlier this week to assess the team’s facilities.

Villeneuve spent three hours at the factory. He was shown around the team’s state-of-the-art new windtunnel and held informal talks with Peter Sauber.

Sauber are in the market for a new driver having lost Giancarlo Fisichella to Renault for 2005.

Who wants to take JV to Minardi? :laugh: :rolleyes: :laugh:

This gets sillier by the day. I'd rather see JV in NASCAR than this circus act every year.

Ankf00
08-19-04, 03:54 PM
i'll take that for $5

Railbird
08-19-04, 05:31 PM
So if you're DR what do you do?

His seat has to be getting a little warm after apparently fumbling the ball with Boy Band. He had nothing to do with Honda's resurgence in the engine department, nothing to do with bringing Geoff Willis on board and everything to do with hiring one of his son's playmates to build the team around.

The one thing he actually brought to the party he screwed up.

Just a thought:

Jacques to Jordan with Honda power?

JT265
08-19-04, 09:28 PM

His seat has to be getting a little warm after apparently fumbling the ball with Boy Band. He had nothing to do with Honda's resurgence in the engine department, nothing to do with bringing Geoff Willis on board and everything to do with hiring one of his son's playmates to build the team around.

Just a thought:

Thank you and merci. ;)

Of course, there is certain wisdom here that would suggest a proven young charger, like say Blinky would do fine.

:D

Dirty Sanchez
08-19-04, 09:33 PM
No. Bruno couldn't beat Button either. :p

JT265
08-19-04, 09:35 PM
Hater.

:rofl:

ilferrari
08-20-04, 02:49 AM
I like JV's honesty in public. But I would be surprised if it worked out.... BAR ruined his career as soon as their 'future world champion' Jense arrived and there's gotta be bad blood between Joc and slimeball Richards. If they can deal with that then great, I'd love to see Joc back in F1.

Ankf00
08-20-04, 03:23 AM

Just a thought:

effective management strategy? where a real car gets built instead of a flying brick? that's what i would claim if i was him that is, hehe

Ankf00
08-20-04, 03:26 AM
I like JV's honesty in public. But I would be surprised if it worked out.... BAR ruined his career as soon as their 'future world champion' Jense arrived and there's gotta be bad blood between Joc and slimeball Richards. If they can deal with that then great, I'd love to see Joc back in F1.

slimeball? the man let burns go for the driver's title even after the subaru season was long gone and the kid was going to puegeot, he still had burns come back even after his peugeot failure. checke$$$ got what he deserved for choosing not to take a paycut to stay on the team. hope he enjoys sauber, or minardi, or whatever other team he begs to get into

Railbird
08-20-04, 06:34 AM
where a real car gets built instead of a flying brick?

Richards doing a Gascoyne immitation?

RTKar
08-20-04, 07:09 AM
Rubens is on the same planet as Schumi one out of 20 races. He is overmatched.

Kinda like JV was last year against Button. ;)

I agree Rubens is overmatched but maybe it's 1 of 15 or maybe even 10. Considering Rubens is always running the second best strategy I think he shows quite well. His showing also illustrates the dominance of the Ferrari versus the Williams,McClaren and Renault. He's not heads above Kimi nor JPM, yet he's usually second. Were it not for MS, Rubens may have a couple WDC's.

Ankf00
08-20-04, 09:05 AM
Richards doing a Gascoyne immitation?
I'm sure he'd take the credit for it if he could, hehe

JT265
08-20-04, 02:47 PM
Were it not for MS, Rubens may have a couple WDC's.

Yep. And were it not for those liars at the lottery commision who claimed that my guaranteed winning numbers weren't the winning numbers........

I'd be living on the beach in Malibu.

And Paris Hilton would be my maid. :mad: :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
08-20-04, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=JT265]Were it not for MS, Rubens may have a couple WDC's.

Yup, he'd give Coulthard a hell of a fight for that title.

nissan gtp
08-20-04, 04:05 PM

Next year is DC"s year :rofl:

RTKar
08-20-04, 04:47 PM

Coulthard has been in a dominant car on a team with no team orders....No title. Rubens is in a dominant car (designed for MS's driving style) and has to play second fiddle, some say by contract. He's always running heavy fuel, starts from the dirty side of the track and has a race strategy to score team points, not one to necessarily win races. Especially in the last two years had MS not existed, Rubens would be the WDC. Think about it...Eddie Irvine was almost WDC when Schumi was out injured and Salo almost won a race excpet for team orders...Schumi is "making" Ferrari these days without a doubt and is head and shoulders above any other driver but a solid driver of Rubens ability or any of the top drivers would be WDC were it not for Schumi being the teams #1.

Methanolandbrats
08-20-04, 05:21 PM
Irvine, Salo and Rubino are not as quick as Schumi. If Schumacher had not built the team and car, what would the three slow guys drive to all those hypothetical victories and WDC titles?

Ankf00
08-20-04, 05:48 PM
Irvine, Salo and Rubino are not as quick as Schumi. If Schumacher had not built the team and car, what would the three slow guys drive to all those hypothetical victories and WDC titles?

byrne and brawn built that car, schumi's a driver not a designer, testing feedback is one thing, actually putting that feedback into the car is another

mapguy
08-20-04, 06:13 PM
byrne and brawn built that car, schumi's a driver not a designer, testing feedback is one thing, actually putting that feedback into the car is another

How did Byrne and Brawn get to be employed by Ferrari? Also, why won't Ferrari hire, and allow, another top driver to drive, and compete for, wins for the team like Williams and McLaren?

JT265
08-20-04, 07:49 PM

So you are admitting that all the slagging you done on Jacque$$$ because of his lack of commitment to testing was a sham all along?

Methanolandbrats
08-20-04, 09:03 PM
Schumi did "build" that car in the sense he put the team together. He's the keystone to the dominance.

pinniped
08-20-04, 10:23 PM
I for one hope Jacques doesn't do the "Alboreto" - a slow step by step downward plunge into lesser and lesser teams, finally ending up racing in the IRL...I just don't see anything saving his career save for a ride that is competitive. Sauber has been competitive for exactly one year of their existence. Then Kimi moved on, they realized they had already fired the guy who designed their car, and the next one sucked eggs.