PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hamm!!

RHR_Fan
08-18-04, 11:59 PM
Talk about a comeback. He suffers a nasty fall on the vault, but comes back from 12th place with two AWESOME routines to win the gold medal in the Men's Gymnastics All-Around Competition. It helped that the men in front of him all made some mistakes, but mistakes alone didn't give Paul the gold. He's an awesome gymnast! :thumbup:

CONGRATS PAUL!!!!!!! :)

~Nicole

Lizzerd
08-19-04, 12:37 AM
That was cool. Closest finish ever for men's all around.

rabbit
08-19-04, 11:15 AM
I had heard earlier in the day that he had won. When he fell, my wife said, "Are you sure he wins?" I said, "I thought that was what I heard. Maybe not though." What an awesome comeback. :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
08-19-04, 11:37 AM
Closest finish ever, and the first American man to win the gold all around. Those guys are amazing.

BZSetshot
08-19-04, 11:52 AM
Agreed! AN amazing competition that had my wife and I jummping up and down when it ended with Paul's excelletn perfromance. His face when he was told he was champion aand saying "No..." is unforgettable. :thumbup:

RichK
08-19-04, 01:41 PM
I fell asleep soon after he made his mistake in the vault. He was in 12th at that point, and I figured it was over. I'm amazed to read this thread!

oddlycalm
08-19-04, 02:04 PM
Big come from behind week, first Bourdais and now Hamm. Both were arguably the best in their respective fields, but watching them come from a dozen positions down to win is a lot different than watching them lead the entire event by a wide margin. :thumbup:

oc

Lizzerd
08-19-04, 02:39 PM
And just like Bourdais at Denver, if Hamm hadn't screwed up his vault, it would have been a runaway!