PDA

View Full Version : Honda behind IRL St. Pete bid?

nrc
08-18-04, 12:10 PM
Interesting article in the St. Pete paper:

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBORS5Z0YD.html

The promoter - the entity that makes the investments necessary to put on the race - does not want to be identified and apparently has a confidentiality agreement with the city. However, sources said CSS Stellar, a London-based sports and entertainment company, and some component of the IRL's Andretti- Green Racing are involved.

CSS Stellar Management, a division of the parent company, counts two Andretti-Green drivers among its clients: Dario Franchitti and Dan Wheldon. Phone calls to representatives for the respective parties were not returned Tuesday.

So what do all these have in common? HondaYen.

cart7
08-18-04, 01:13 PM
They must really hold a grudge against Cart. Jeez! :shakehead

nrc
08-18-04, 01:16 PM
The other reason I'm suspecting this connection is that the story mentions an event sponsor may already be lined up. If it turns out to be Honda then it all adds up.

Brickman
08-18-04, 01:41 PM
The other reason I'm suspecting this connection is that the story mentions an event sponsor may already be lined up. If it turns out to be Honda then it all adds up.

East coast version to combat Toyota's west coast Long Beach Grand Prix.

Spicoli
08-18-04, 02:14 PM

Or even better still, Homoco will pimp someone else's dime (XM, Pioneer, etc) to pay for it and be rewarded some nice contracts.....

Nothing those pricks does surprises me. They play BIG, and they play DIRTY.

But on another note, I'll believe it when I see it. April is coming up pretty damn quick, and Foyt, ChubbyChip, Mo Nunn and Penske aren't in any hurry to go road racing.

JT265
08-18-04, 02:23 PM
Or even better still, Homoco will pimp someone else's dime (XM, Pioneer, etc) to pay for it and be rewarded some nice contracts.....

Nothing those pricks does surprises me. They play BIG, and they play DIRTY.

But on another note, I'll believe it when I see it. April is coming up pretty damn quick, and Foyt, ChubbyChip, Mo Nunn and Penske aren't in any hurry to go road racing.

And to add a further note, (no pun intended), there is noise = good, and the sound of the most disgusting piece of crap on the planet, which is the farting sound that emanates from that stillborn junk that was invented to protect the sacred traditions and preserve the respect of that sacred YardOBricks.

IF they pull one off in a street venue, I doubt that anyone will have them back, just from the noise, leave alone the "spectacle".

Steve99
08-18-04, 02:39 PM
The promoter does not want to be identified and apparently has a confidentiality agreement with the city.

Doesn't Florida have open meeting and open records laws? How can someone make a deal with the city and keep it confidential. Sounds fishy to me.

mueber
08-19-04, 08:47 AM
Perhaps having already ensured that I will never buy another Honda product, HOMOCO figures they have nothing to lose. :laugh: