PDA

View Full Version : It's only every fourth year...

Lizzerd
08-17-04, 11:20 PM
... that you will ever, EVER catch me paying attention to gymnastics, swimming, diving, judo, volley ball, and all the other sports I caught a bit of today like trap shooting, ping pong, kayaking...

The Olympics are just too big a thing to miss.

RTKar
08-17-04, 11:26 PM
The winter Olympics are WAY cooler...

RHR_Fan
08-17-04, 11:39 PM
I've been watching Olympic coverage a lot this year! I don't remember watching a lot from Sydney. I probably only watched Ian Thorpe swim in '00!! It's nice having coverage on different channels. Get to see some sports and events I usually don't.

~Nicole

Amanda B.'s Mom
08-18-04, 12:05 AM
My TV was on for the first time in a month tonight for the olympic gymnastics and swimming.

Glad I watched it.

Robstar
08-18-04, 12:19 AM
I mainly watch for the swimming (Go Thorpie :) ) & I will watch more when the track & field fires up...
We do certainly notice the time difference compared to 2000... :(

Clown
08-18-04, 01:15 AM
I'm not really an Olympics fan. I'll care when they include karting.

Though I must say, I slept in this morning and upon finally turning on the TV in the bedroom, I was greeted by gymnasts. I was happy :D

Sean O'Gorman
08-18-04, 01:27 AM
I'll care when they include karting.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Of course, the womens beach volleyball is enough to hold my interest until motorsports gets added to the Olympics. :cool:

Ziggy
08-18-04, 01:37 AM
The Olympics are a piece of cake compared to the political ramifications of Motorsports these days.

Thanks Tony
Thanks Bernie
Thanks Bill Jr.
Thanks Big Government
Thanks Rahole, Andrecki, FAFernadez Racing, Captain Liverspots, Fatassi, Hondola, Toylotto

It's OK for Alan Iverson to be a thug,(no offense to hard working thugs all over our great country) but you cant have a cigarette company logo on a car? It's fine to use drugs to mask the other drugs you took to enhance your performance, yet city and state officials complain about noise, wasted fuel, people having a good time?

As screwed up as Racing is, I will take it over "Olympic competition" any day of the week. If you think there is one "amature" in the entire Olympics, then I have some ocean front land for sale in Nevada.

oh yeah, and golf blows as well

Amature sports have been dead since somebody figured out it was more important to win than to participate

put that in your pipe and smoke it ladies

Ziggy

CARTNUT
08-18-04, 01:44 AM
Why do the male gymnasts powder up their hands first and THEN scratch their packages???

Clown
08-18-04, 01:46 AM
Why do the male gymnasts powder up their hands first and THEN scratch their packages???Weightlifters too :shakehead :laugh::rofl:

Michaelhatesfans
08-18-04, 02:30 AM
Why do the male gymnasts powder up their hands first and THEN scratch their packages???
So their hands don't slip, silly. Sheesh. :shakehead

:laugh:

Clown
08-18-04, 02:33 AM
And what the **** is with this equestrian deal!
How the hell is that a sport :shakehead

Give that ***hole Letterman a call, The Olympics have ripped off "Stupid Pet Tricks" :gomer:

cart7
08-18-04, 05:50 AM

Yep. Downhill skiing(are those guys nuts or what?), luge (are those guys even nuttier than the downhillers or what?), Bobsledding, Ski Jumping, Slalom skiing, too cool. :cool:

pfc_m_drake
08-18-04, 06:54 AM
No pun intended, of course :D

But I have to agree with you, for the most part the winter Olympic sports are more entertaining...to me anyway.

RTKar
08-18-04, 07:00 AM
Yep. Downhill skiing(are those guys nuts or what?), luge (are those guys even nuttier than the downhillers or what?), Bobsledding, Ski Jumping, Slalom skiing, too cool. :cool:

Luge, bobsled, downhill...almost like auto racing.

sadams
08-18-04, 07:10 AM

Yup timed events. Not subjective like Ice Dancing or Synchronized diving/swiming. Summer games are weak and the attendance shows it.

cart7
08-18-04, 07:39 AM

Exactly!
:thumbup:

JT265
08-18-04, 07:42 AM
The Olympics are a piece of cake compared to the political ramifications of Motorsports these days.

Thanks Tony
Thanks Bernie
Thanks Bill Jr.
Thanks Big Government
Thanks Rahole, Andrecki, FAFernadez Racing, Captain Liverspots, Fatassi, Hondola, Toylotto

It's OK for Alan Iverson to be a thug,(no offense to hard working thugs all over our great country) but you cant have a cigarette company logo on a car? It's fine to use drugs to mask the other drugs you took to enhance your performance, yet city and state officials complain about noise, wasted fuel, people having a good time?

As screwed up as Racing is, I will take it over "Olympic competition" any day of the week. If you think there is one "amature" in the entire Olympics, then I have some ocean front land for sale in Nevada.

oh yeah, and golf blows as well

Amature sports have been dead since somebody figured out it was more important to win than to participate

put that in your pipe and smoke it ladies

Ziggy

I couldn't have said it any better. When do these Olympics people speak of start, anyway?

;)

RTKar
08-18-04, 08:22 AM
....and don't forget curling...(another use for ice)...don't want to insult anyone from ..Oh, say Winnipeg...

Ankf00
08-18-04, 09:11 AM

Of course, the womens beach volleyball is enough to hold my interest until motorsports gets added to the Olympics. :cool:
viva la women's sports :thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
08-18-04, 09:53 AM

Of course, the womens beach volleyball is enough to hold my interest until motorsports gets added to the Olympics.

Yes, the U. S. Women's uniforms are great!! :thumbup:

Chaos
08-18-04, 10:27 AM
I'm all over the volleyball...both indoor and beach. But i'll watch it anytime it's not, not just at the olympics.

rabbit
08-18-04, 11:38 AM
That 4x200 freestyle relay last night gave me my racing fix for the day. What an awesome anchor leg by Keller. :cool:

Also, has anyone else noticed how many times U.S. athletes are mentioning that "I watched Miracle the other day and that inspired me." I've heard Phelps and a couple of the gymnasts mention it.

Oh, and yes, the winter games are the best. :thumbup:

racer2c
08-18-04, 11:40 AM

Yep.

Wheel-Nut
08-18-04, 11:50 AM

because they are held in winter!! ba da bump . . . . :D

Sean O'Gorman
08-18-04, 12:13 PM

You forgot skeleton. When I saw that for the first time on TV in Salt Lake, it blew my mind! :eek:

pfc_m_drake
08-18-04, 01:31 PM
You forgot skeleton. When I saw that for the first time on TV in Salt Lake, it blew my mind! :eek:
I'll tell you what...you want to talk about a sport that's appropriately named...it would be skeleton.

Ankf00
08-18-04, 02:44 PM
doubles luge is as stupid as syncho diving. but normal luge is coo. and skeleton is well... messed up. bloody masochists

Steve99
08-18-04, 02:51 PM
If you think there is one "amature" in the entire Olympics, then I have some ocean front land for sale in Nevada.

They gave up the whole "amature" requirement years ago, although many of the athletes still are. Do you know of any professional American water polo players, or any swimmers for that matter.

rabbit
08-18-04, 02:54 PM
Do you know of any professional American water polo players, or any swimmers for that matter.While Michael Phelps may still be technically be considered an "amateur," they did say the other night that he will make $7.5 million in endorsements next year. :eek:

Sean O'Gorman
08-18-04, 03:02 PM
While Michael Phelps may still be technically be considered an "amateur," they did say the other night that he will make $7.5 million in endorsements next year. :eek:

That's pretty impressive, when you consider no one will even remember his name in 3 weeks. Just like what's his name, and the girl with the leg injury, and those Jamaican bobsledders, and every other athlete not named LeBron James.