PDA

View Full Version : Off Camber Fantasy F1 league on yahoo!

rabbit
02-14-03, 09:52 PM
http://uk.f1.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

Group ID#: 564

Group Password: no_chins

Any takers?

(BTW - Please use your username in your team name so we know who everybody is)

TrueBrit
02-15-03, 12:06 AM
Definitely count me in...

devilmaster
02-15-03, 04:15 AM
K.

The token last place guy has arrived.

Steve

tomahawk
02-17-03, 12:15 PM
Team Tomahawk is in.

:tomahawk

Fenster
02-18-03, 03:35 AM
This just in!!! This just in!!!

Reports just breaking out of Southern Califonia that the legendary team, Fenster's Suspects, has officially turned in its entry to the OC Fantasy League.

Reports are that team owner, Mr. Fenster, has been in hiding and building his secret forces to bring down the TrueBrit poewerhouse. As we all know, TrueBrit had the audacity to upset the league's leader last year at the season finale in Suzuka. Since that time, reports are the Fenster could be seen in local pubs deep in his sorrows. However, since hitting rock-bottom months ago, Fenster has picked up the pieces and is stronger than ever. He told reporters this afternoon "I will be ready, and that Brit. is going down!";)

When asked about the new entry of Team Tomahawk, Fenster had this to say, "Listen... Hawk is one cool cat. I am sure he will be a force to be reckoned with. I just hope that I can let him down easy. It can be a hard battle going up against the "Suspects", especially your a rookie season,":D

More reports will follow as new trickles in.

--Associated Press.

chop456
02-18-03, 04:05 AM
Does it say anywhere when the updated drivers will be available? I couldn't find it.

WickerBill
02-18-03, 06:44 AM
k, I signed up. Now what do I do?

I'm a rookie...

mapguy
02-18-03, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by devilmaster
K.

The token last place guy has arrived.

Steve

ahem... I don't think so. Check out the OC NASCAR standings...

Who's your daddy!

BTW. I'm in mapguy motorsports Formula 1 Division is ready. I had to hold my nose making some of those picks.

devilmaster
02-18-03, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
ahem... I don't think so. Check out the OC NASCAR standings...

Who's your daddy!

Umm, the first race is an anomaly. But what I -AM- surprised at is that people didn't pick the 2 DEI cars as their picks?!? I mean these 2 have dominated the restrictors for the past 2 years.

F1 is going to be different though. I will be the token last guy.

Steve

JT265
02-18-03, 10:12 PM
Well, well, well, what have we here?

I should warn you guys, the last privateer (sorry DM and Map :p ) outta Canada was Walter Wolf, and he kicked some serious butt with a very limited budget.

I have a crisp new five spot left in my wallet after giving my starter wife everything else, and I used it to start, get ready now......

JT's Tossers!

Those of you with weak stomachs may concede now, no harm, no foul, for the rest of you, DUCK! :D

Cam
02-18-03, 10:40 PM
Sheesh I hate Yahoo! :mad:

Cam
02-18-03, 10:54 PM
OK... I am in. Now why the hell am I getting abusive messages from fellow list members already?!?!?:gomer:

Cam.

skidmarks
02-25-03, 10:38 AM
HA HA I just joined and I am already ranked #1 !!!!

Just a side note, does anyone want to play 2?

I had already started a group for my fellow cube farmers we are:

Joe Tonto Fan Club

Group Id: 1385
pwd: biteme

lateralus42
02-28-03, 11:56 PM
Im in.

Homer Simpson Racing

Its a big group, should be very competitive.:thumbup:

Napoleon
03-02-03, 11:55 AM
When is the first race?

JT265
03-02-03, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
When is the first race?

Next weekend, Nap, and don't be like your namesake and CAVE! :D

dirtyboy
03-04-03, 02:00 AM
OK I'm in.

You will all lose.

Warlock!
03-04-03, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by dirtyboy
OK I'm in.

You will all lose.
May be, but I sure as hell doubt I'll lose to YOU!!! :laugh:

BTW, what the heck do you do? Just pick the top 3 or 6, or do you pick drivers and hope they finish well, or what? I don't see anyplace to pick yet...

Winter Warlock!

rabbit
03-04-03, 10:38 AM
Warlock, click on "Edit Team."

Warlock!
03-04-03, 11:54 AM
I take that back dirtyboy... I'm too stoopid to play this thing. At least you won't be last! :saywhat:

Winter Warlock!

dirtyboy
03-04-03, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
May be, but I sure as hell doubt I'll lose to YOU!!! :laugh:
My Michael Schumacher is going to kick your Michael Schumacher’s ass. :D

Napoleon
03-05-03, 12:06 PM
OK, I'm in

TrueBrit
03-06-03, 11:20 AM
Sorry but MY Buttmacher will kick ALL of your sorry buttmachers!!!

TB

mapguy
03-10-03, 07:24 AM
I was looking good after qualifying and then doink!

chop456
02-16-04, 12:31 PM
Bump.

It looks like my account is still active. Do we need to make new teams or will this thing reset itself before the 1st race?

Oh and Warlock!, don't read the part where you laid the preseason smack talk on dirtyboy last year. ;)

Warlock!
02-16-04, 12:41 PM
Bump.

Oh and Warlock!, don't read the part where you laid the preseason smack talk on dirtyboy last year. ;)
I know... THAT I remember.

You guys just don't understand how hard it is for me to even remember that a race is on, much less have to remember to pick drivers and such.

Don't drink alcohol, kiddies.

Winter Warlock!

chop456
02-16-04, 12:46 PM
I know... THAT I remember.

You guys just don't understand how hard it is for me to even remember that a race is on, much less have to remember to pick drivers and such.

Don't drink alcohol, kiddies.

Winter Warlock!

And THIS, my friend, is where your TiVo will become literally a life-changing tool. You don't need to remember - ever. Makes F1 much more enjoyable for the thought-impaired like myself. Quite a few Sunday afternoons last year I'd suddenly remember that the race was on (especially the 3-week breaks), but I'd remembered to set the TiVo the week before. Yours you can set up so it records it with no user input, I think.

devilmaster
02-16-04, 01:39 PM
Bump.

It looks like my account is still active. Do we need to make new teams or will this thing reset itself before the 1st race?

your personal yahoo account should still be active, but i doubt the offcamber F1 yahoo group is.

I was planning on starting a new group as we got closer to the aussie race.

I'll give it a look see.

Steve

devilmaster
02-16-04, 01:43 PM
K, I took a look.

It seems that they still have last year active. and on the fantasy homepage, it says 'reflect on the 2003 season'. So they haven't reset the game yet.

I'll keep an eye on it, and when they do, i'll start up a league.

Steve

Dirty Sanchez
02-16-04, 01:50 PM
Should open up the next league to Crapwagon as well. We had one over there last year...

More comp. to smackdown. :gomer:

Fenster
02-16-04, 08:54 PM
Bump.

Count me in Chop.

--Fenster.

TrueBrit
02-16-04, 11:31 PM
okay, it says 'no groups yet'....???

Am I just re-proving my computer illiteracy or is this something everyone is seeing?? :confused:

Robstar
02-16-04, 11:35 PM
okay, it says 'no groups yet'....???

Am I just re-proving my computer illiteracy or is this something everyone is seeing?? :confused:

That's what I'm seeing...

TrueBrit
02-17-04, 12:36 AM
That's what I'm seeing...

Good!! Then it isn't just me!! :D

pinniped
02-17-04, 05:02 PM
Scuderia pinniped will be vanquish all your sorry butts. :D

JT265
02-17-04, 05:17 PM
As long as I can remember to change my burnedout drivers, I'm in.

Lizzerd
02-17-04, 05:41 PM
I'll be there as Lizzerd Motorsports... again.

Running this operation out of my UK shop, though.

Hink
02-17-04, 05:58 PM
I'll have to check this out. This year I promise not to be first loser by one point and I'll get more than 15 points for picking Herr Buttmacher during the four races I can.

Barton
02-17-04, 06:44 PM
I'm in... someone make sure to let me know when they get the thing updated for 2004.

:cool: :thumbup:

Robstar
02-17-04, 06:59 PM
Me too... :thumbup:

devilmaster
02-17-04, 07:00 PM
I'm in... someone make sure to let me know when they get the thing updated for 2004.

:cool: :thumbup:

I'll keep my eye on it for when they change it over. You'll see it as a new thread here when i start the league.

Steve

Railbird
02-17-04, 09:30 PM
Hell I'm just trying to get registered at Yahoo. It's telling me my handle is already used which may mean I've already registered in some drunken state or another and forgotten.

I wonder if Ron Dennis has these problems

Lizzerd
02-17-04, 11:07 PM
Railbird,

When I first registered at Yahoo many moons ago, Lizzerd was taken too. Whoulda figgerd?

Cam
02-17-04, 11:33 PM
Lizzerd was taken too. Whoulda figgerd?

Drunk typo..... It was really the gieco gocko!

Winston Wolfe
02-20-04, 11:03 PM
Railbird,

When I first registered at Yahoo many moons ago, Lizzerd was taken too. Whoulda figgerd?

Sounds like you may hafta go with "Brickhead Racing" then....

I will sign up as Herb Tea Racing, once I am able to get on board at Yahoo.
Or maybe reunite the fellas from "Beefcurtain Racing". That was my favorite.