PDA

View Full Version : Did I hear this correctly...

mapguy
08-16-04, 06:59 PM
Jack MyRoot mentioned in the 'show' that AJIV might not be 'racing' with Granpa next year and has several team talking to him about next year? I can't beleive that Rootie-tootie said that with a straight (for him) face.

Racewriter
08-16-04, 07:06 PM
You have to understand Jack the Root's fascination with all things Foyt. You see, it's caused by...

well, there's a real basis for this thought in....

Uh, nevermind.:D

Even funnier is the fact that some people actually believe this one.

Don Quixote
08-16-04, 07:08 PM
Does this have anything to do with Button leaving BAR and JPM going to McLaren? :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
08-16-04, 07:09 PM
Even funnier is the fact that some people actually believe this one.

Why not? I'm sure hes a damn fine tire changer, and any team could use a guy like that.

:laugh:

datachicane
08-16-04, 07:24 PM
Hey, I wonder if Nelson Phillipe needs a helmet-carrier?

:D

JoeBob
08-16-04, 07:43 PM
Jack also brought AJ4 with him to a few College Football games last year - fore got to follow Jack around, carrying his cables.

Arute's tendancy to make things up as he goes doesn't add any credibility to the story.

My suspicion: They already know Foyt won't be around next season, and they're resorting to claiming that someone is interested in an attempt to get anyone interested. (The same trick currently being employed by da Matta in F1.)

Brickman
08-16-04, 07:48 PM
IF TiVo speed searching had volume I might have heard it, they don't so I didn't.

I would guess that it is a ploy to get a ridebuyer for the team, Conseco must be leaving and/or Tony is paying for Haas et al so funds are being used elsewhere.

fourrunner
08-16-04, 08:50 PM
Arute did say it !

As a matter of fact he said that Teams were "lining up" to sign AJ IV
"To fill there empty seats"

When you have 3 "Goofballs" in the booth, they will say Goofy things! A LOT !

cart7
08-17-04, 08:07 AM
It's hard to tell anymore whether it's Arute talking or it's TG whistling out his a-hole again. Even the shills at TF are sick of him.

Skater_36
08-17-04, 09:16 AM
Arute did say it !

As a matter of fact he said that Teams were "lining up" to sign AJ IV
"To fill there empty seats"

When you have 3 "Goofballs" in the booth, they will say Goofy things! A LOT !

I think Paul (Whoa!, They're Three Wide !!! ) Page and Jack Arute are the perfect compliment to everything the IRL has to offer. ;)

Ziggy
08-17-04, 05:33 PM
This is the tried and true IRL "let them down eazy" method.

Just like when a driver has an accident, first it's the thumbs up, then the next day its "bruised back" then the third or fourth day it's "broken neck"

Sarah "looking for a better ride" equalls unemployed
Al Unser Jr. "trying to get into another car" equalls unemployed
Buddy Lazier "waiting for a better offer" equalls unemployed

Doe's AJ still have Ayrton Dare's phone number? Maybe they can avoid a messy law suit after all.

Silver Crown for this outfit. Snider and Stewart will throw another car onto the track and Foit will entertain his legions of blue hairs and get illegal cars to boot

its all about the playing field

JoeBob
08-17-04, 05:37 PM
Just like when a driver has an accident, first it's the thumbs up, then the next day its "bruised back" then the third or fourth day it's "broken neck"

The worst of those had to be Davey Hamilton. Bob Jenkins actually said he threw the steering wheel to indicate that he was A-OK. When they showed the helicopter taking off, they said he was "complaining of pain in his lower legs."

:eek:

pchall
08-18-04, 10:22 AM
Hey, I wonder if Nelson Phillipe needs a helmet-carrier?

:D

Another CART superstar defecting?