PDA

View Full Version : Bright Future

jonovision_man
08-16-04, 09:35 AM
Am I the only one who felt a turning of the corner this weekend?

Can't put my finger on it, but I'm now sure 2005 is going to happen, and the field will be solid. Maybe it was the Cossie announcement.

But most of all, seems that the young guns like Bourdais and AJ have really come into their own, the series is really interesting again to watch! There are compelling stories all over the place, it took a couple years to get there but now I really like the new crop of drivers and personalities. They're not just names on the timing and scoring reports anymore.

I'm thoroughly impressed by PG and KK, I didn't think they had it in them to put things together so well and so quickly, they've exceeded my expectations for Year 1 by quite a bit. Sure there have been some blunders, but as far as getting the series stable and looking forward they've done a dynamite job.

jono

KobySon
08-16-04, 10:45 AM
Am I the only one who felt a turning of the corner this weekend?

Can't put my finger on it, but I'm now sure 2005 is going to happen, and the field will be solid. Maybe it was the Cossie announcement.

But most of all, seems that the young guns like Bourdais and AJ have really come into their own, the series is really interesting again to watch! There are compelling stories all over the place, it took a couple years to get there but now I really like the new crop of drivers and personalities. They're not just names on the timing and scoring reports anymore.

I'm thoroughly impressed by PG and KK, I didn't think they had it in them to put things together so well and so quickly, they've exceeded my expectations for Year 1 by quite a bit. Sure there have been some blunders, but as far as getting the series stable and looking forward they've done a dynamite job.

jono

I'd have to admit that I have somewhat of a blind enthusiam for CC. I didn't doubt the amigos. You've questioned everything along the way - which is the healthy thing to do when it comes down to it I guess.

I hear what your saying though. I felt different watching the race this weekend. I am excited about watching the next race in a way that's been missing since so far back I don't care to think about it. (Really since fDF and JPM were going into the last race with the championship on the line.)

jonovision_man
08-16-04, 11:10 AM
I'd have to admit that I have somewhat of a blind enthusiam for CC. I didn't doubt the amigos. You've questioned everything along the way - which is the healthy thing to do when it comes down to it I guess.

I hear what your saying though. I felt different watching the race this weekend. I am excited about watching the next race in a way that's been missing since so far back I don't care to think about it. (Really since fDF and JPM were going into the last race with the championship on the line.)

I've been a fan through it all, but I was definately skeptical of their ability to run a decent 2004 when things came together so late with the court case and all. Enough of the promoters hung in there, though, and it's a credit to the owners that they did. I'd characterize my opinion in the past as "wait and see" but now I'm convinced these guys are the right fellows for the job, and Champcar's future is in good hands.

This is the first time in years I've been able to say - Next year will be better than this year! :) A trend I hope continues!

jono

pchall
08-16-04, 12:06 PM
I've been a fan through it all, but I was definately skeptical of their ability to run a decent 2004 when things came together so late with the court case and all. Enough of the promoters hung in there, though, and it's a credit to the owners that they did. I'd characterize my opinion in the past as "wait and see" but now I'm convinced these guys are the right fellows for the job, and Champcar's future is in good hands.

This is the first time in years I've been able to say - Next year will be better than this year! :) A trend I hope continues!

jono

Survived years of USAC and then found a bit of faith in CART. Now that the Judas's are gone, that faith is restored in the Reformed Series of Champcars. :)