PDA

View Full Version : wow *spoilers*

Rogue Leader
08-15-04, 05:08 PM
Seabass is unbelieveable. In full PT style he rips through the field and takes everyone down. I honestly don't root for him, but I do respect his skills because that was a killer drive. IMO hes got the championship on a lock this year.

Audi_A4
08-15-04, 05:43 PM
Seabass is unbelieveable. In full PT style he rips through the field and takes everyone down. I honestly don't root for him, but I do respect his skills because that was a killer drive. IMO hes got the championship on a lock this year.

He certainly is a great driver

GOFAST1
08-15-04, 06:15 PM
Great race and SB is superb, reminder of another Champcar great Alex Z.in Cleveland. :thumbup:

RTKar
08-15-04, 06:25 PM
If it wasn't for Seabass, the best road course race may have been the Cup race at Watkins... :saywhat:

Warlock!
08-15-04, 06:34 PM
Dude rocked. Loved the race. Vodka is streaming. Sundays racedays rule. All is good.

Warlock!

Ed_Severson
08-15-04, 06:45 PM
Bourdais put in an impressive drive for the most part, but he should not have been allowed to win this race.

It astounds me that Champ Car officials penalized Paul Tracy for contact with a car that wasn't even on the lead lap, and a week later Bourdais makes an absolutely boneheaded attempt at a pass and screws Mario Dominguez out of a podium with no penalty whatsoever.

The kid's having a great year, but today's result was bull****.

Rogue Leader
08-15-04, 06:59 PM
Bourdais put in an impressive drive for the most part, but he should not have been allowed to win this race.

It astounds me that Champ Car officials penalized Paul Tracy for contact with a car that wasn't even on the lead lap, and a week later Bourdais makes an absolutely boneheaded attempt at a pass and screws Mario Dominguez out of a podium with no penalty whatsoever.

The kid's having a great year, but today's result was bull****.

I heard they checked the tape and found there was no actual contact with MD's car. Thats why they didnt penalize him.

Ed_Severson
08-15-04, 07:19 PM
I heard they checked the tape and found there was no actual contact with MD's car. Thats why they didnt penalize him.

There's absolutely no way that he didn't hit Dominguez.

Rogue Leader
08-15-04, 07:27 PM
There's absolutely no way that he didn't hit Dominguez.

IMO it looked to me like he gave him a love tap, but im just repeating what I heard....

skaven
08-15-04, 08:36 PM
At the race, it appeared that Seabass had some contact with MD, but nonetheless, I'm glad they let them race it out. Seabass' pass on PT was a definite crowd pleaser. The PA announcer was yelling that PT was on the push-to-pass, but to no avail. Props to the PA dude who seemed enthused and pronounced the names right.

I woke up a little hung over and wasn't very excited about the race, but this was much racier than the previous 2 years. Our seats were in the standard Stand 10, but further out along the corner. As such, we could see the backstretch approach, the various lines and wiggles into the corner and the back ends hunkering down under power as they motored towards the starter and into 1.

After a season of Race Director, it was awesome seeing them in person. I heard that ticket sales were up 20% over last year and the crowd seemed pleased. The yellows were kept down. The safety workers did a great job with Lavin - getting him going without going full course yellow. When they were working on RHR, Seabass came ripping through the corner, dodging the safety crew. I left with a even more respect for the Champcar safety crew. Great job today guys. :cool:

Anyway, a great race from a suspect track. I might have to go to Vegas afterall ! ! !

RTKar
08-15-04, 09:24 PM
"The yellows were kept down. The safety workers did a great job with Lavin - getting him going without going full course yellow."

This is the key to better racing IMO. You must keep the flow of the race intact as much as possible. If you don't go FCY on a street course, why go FCY at RA? I hope this trend continues, it'll make for better races and hopefully larger attendances.

skaven
08-16-04, 12:19 AM
"The yellows were kept down. The safety workers did a great job with Lavin - getting him going without going full course yellow."

This is the key to better racing IMO. You must keep the flow of the race intact as much as possible. If you don't go FCY on a street course, why go FCY at RA? I hope this trend continues, it'll make for better races and hopefully larger attendances.

Totally. When Lavin stalled it, I was getting ready to try to explain to my friend the F1 fan why they were going to go full-course yellow (can't afford the cranes) and then the rules about pitting under yellow (to keep a Fabio from winning). In other words, try to spin the artificial bandages that offend purists.

Then - Lo and Behold - the safety workers fetched him out of the corner, got him started and ran back behind the tires to the clapping of the fans. All while under a local yellow with cars thundering by. That was such a unique sight to me... and awesome. :thumbup:

nrc
08-16-04, 12:31 AM

They did go FCY earlier at Denver for a spin and stall in the same corner. It's all about where the car is and the potential dangers of having safety workers exposed in those areas.

nrc
08-16-04, 12:33 AM

This drive was "Zanardi-like". Truly amazing. I would have liked to have seen Dominguez hang on to a podium for his inspired drive as well.

nrc
08-16-04, 12:37 AM

Doesn't seem too boneheaded when it gains the position. Honestly, Bourdais was fully along side in spite of Mario's blocking attempt and Mario got locked up and out of shape under braking. Racing deal, pure and simple.

Tracy's penalty has nothing to do with it. Champ Car admitted that was a mistake.

ShickStift
08-16-04, 01:32 AM
I really wouldn't be surprised if Cart loses Bourdais to Formula 1 in 2005. :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
08-16-04, 01:33 AM
Bourdais and Dominguez deserve :thumbup: :thumbup: for RACING today. Damn, this was the raciest street parade I've seen in years.

:thumbup: also to Paul Tracy for acknowledging that he couldn't race Sebastien today and for not crashing him while trying impossible moves.

It was good to see the Western Union commercials during the race. That's saying a lot, considering how much I hate commercials.

I like the way the pit stop rules worked out today. CCWS didn't do too much tinkering, but did just enough of a tweak to prevent a fuel strategy win.

FanofMario
08-16-04, 01:35 AM
Seabass is the real deal----his qualification effort has to be one of the better efforts in years and carving through the field was entertaining. AJ was also impressive. BTW, Spike sure knows how to give my fastforward button a work out! :rolleyes: