PDA

View Full Version : HDTV QUESTION

Audi_A4
08-15-04, 01:19 PM
I have a SONY 51" letter box HDTV and just got an HDTV digital cable box from Rogers (Our cable company). Hooked it up and the HDTV channels the screen size is smaller than our tv, there are 2 grey lines at the top and side. Does anyone know what is wrong here?

KLang
08-15-04, 07:58 PM
Sounds like you either don't have it cabled right, or need to tell the TV it's getting a 1080i signal on whatever input you are using, or need tell the cable box to output HD.

There should be either a component video (three cables) or a DVI connection to carry the HD signal from the cable box to the display.

For my Dish Network receiver I have run component video to the display and tell the display it is a 1080i source. I also run an S-Video cable from the receiver to the display and tell the display it is a 480i source for the standard definition programming. When I'm watching an HD station I set the input on the display to the component video and also have to set the receiver to output HD.

Hope this helps, I would imagine the cable box would work similar to a satelite receiver.