PDA

View Full Version : PJ Chesson wins second Infinity Pro-Series!

Fio1
08-15-04, 01:00 AM
I know this is not the most popular series in this forum, and I understand. But, finally there is an oval track driver showing some speed and talent in formula cars. Not since Tony Stewart, I believe........The funny thing is that the strange animals on track forum don't like PJ too much because he is not the typical Donnie Beechler, no personality type fat a$$. PJ is cool, goes out with hot chicks and enjoys life outside the track. The guy is dating playboy playmate Echo Johnson and was dating a super model before that. Finally, an American that is coming from sprint cars that we can relate to. He's what Peter Revson was back in days, when racing was cool. The guy is the man behind the wheel too, and I hope he kicks a$$ in IRL one of these days! :cool: :thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
08-15-04, 01:11 AM
I know this is not the most popular series in this forum, and I understand. But, finally there is an oval track driver showing some speed and talent in formula cars. Not since Tony Stewart, I believe........The funny thing is that the strange animals on track forum don't like PJ too much because he is not the typical Donnie Beechler, no personality type fat a$$. PJ is cool, goes out with hot chicks and enjoys life outside the track. The guy is dating playboy playmate Echo Johnson and was dating a super model before that. Finally, an American that is coming from sprint cars that we can relate to. He's what Peter Revson was back in days, when racing was cool. The guy is the man behind the wheel too, and I hope he kicks a$$ in IRL one of these days! :cool: :thumbup:
Someone want to deal with this? :shakehead

B3RACER1a
08-15-04, 01:16 AM
This thread needs a visit to the horse hospital. :laugh:

FRANKY
08-15-04, 01:50 AM
Someone want to deal with this? :shakehead

Yea.

He's right.

The series might be lame but this driver has a personality.

Railbird
08-15-04, 09:23 AM
http://www.hammerdownusa.com/Chesson%20Calistoga%2002.jpg

Chesson is a legit short track bad ***, what he's doing in IPS is beyond me. The chances of him catching on with a factory team is zilch.

He'll be in Nascar before long

Madmaxfan2
08-15-04, 11:35 AM
I happened by the IPS flipping through channels, was there more than 50 people in the stands ? The guy has a cooling looking sprint ride. The gomers are mad because not only is he not when one of them culturely, but he wins in a green race car, which is not supposed to happen in them bullrings. Then again, Steve Kinser's car is green, I guess even the ole gomer supersitution about green race cars no longer applys. What a bad time to be a gomer USAC fan, things are not working the way they used to. :gomer: :p

Racewriter
08-15-04, 06:12 PM
Fio, not that you've ever had logical basis for any of your posts, but I have to ask - where do you get that "the gomers are mad?" I don't see it anywhere, not even on Trackforum. There is some acknowledgement that he's a rich kid, and that's how he got the ride (and of course, some of the lemmings actually think Nunn went out and hired him), but I don't get the feeling that anyone is upset.

SteveH
08-15-04, 06:47 PM
^ maybe he meant it as 'gomers are insane', that's the way I read it :gomer:

JT265
08-15-04, 08:13 PM
And in a related story, I've finally had the boil on my ass lanced.

:thumbup:

Ziggy
08-15-04, 08:47 PM
Wow, hope he can live up to the high standards of Mark Taylor and AJ Ivy

Does he own an autographed copy of ZipCodeBoys spinal Xray?

yawn

David Steele would blow his chump ass into the weeds anyday of the week

Racewriter
08-15-04, 09:16 PM
David Steele would blow his chump ass into the weeds anyday of the week

Only in race cars, Zig. I couldn't guarantee anything with the IPS sleds.

Brickman
08-15-04, 09:18 PM
Only in race cars, Zig. I couldn't guarantee anything with the IPS sleds.

Yep... especially a Freedom 100 race.

Michaelhatesfans
08-15-04, 09:29 PM
And in a related story, I've finally had the boil on my ass lanced.

:thumbup:
You probably had a bigger crowd on hand, as well.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-15-04, 10:57 PM
Yeah, but can he turn right? Echo Johnson? I remember her, but she's nothing compared to my all-time fav Kelly Tough (Miss October 1982) of Vancouver.

Not even close.

And Chesson's not even close to Peter Revson. To compare the two is :rofl: and :eek: and :thumdown:

God rest his soul, Revvie would have lapped him three, four or five times.

FCYTravis
08-15-04, 11:07 PM
Lapped him five times *AND* had time to pit for a cold one along the way.

Racewriter
08-16-04, 01:36 AM
Lapped him five times *AND* had time to pit for a cold one along the way.

Depends on the track. Revson never won an oval race.

FanofMario
08-16-04, 11:09 AM
"I know this is not the most popular series in this forum" No kidding. Discussion on Tony Stewert sheeeting his uniform will always be more interesting than anything from that sham of a series. :rolleyes:

4wheeldrifter
08-16-04, 11:35 AM
http://www.hammerdownusa.com/Chesson%20Calistoga%2002.jpg

Chesson is a legit short track bad ***, what he's doing in IPS is beyond me. The chances of him catching on with a factory team is zilch.

He'll be in Nascar before long

I know next to nothing about short track racing but I had the same thought. IPS ? More like, WTF?

I hate to think of the Earl as the last step in the rung before hitting Nastycar. I don't really like or dislike Nastycar but Judas Priest, the Earl? Why not just dirt or USAC?

Easy
08-16-04, 11:55 AM
Finally, an American that is coming from sprint cars that we can relate to.

I don't see how the average racing fan can relate to someone who comes from that much wealth. I don't have anything against PJ, I like the idea that he is not afraid to be rough with the language on his radio and likes to party but he can do that because he has no worries about funding or pissing off sponsors. He is similar to Revson in the fact that they both came from a colossal amount of money.

However, that seems to be a good starting point for a racing career.

Steve99
08-16-04, 12:01 PM
There is a playboy playmate named Echo?

They actually broadcast the IPS "races"?

Learn something new everyday I guess.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-16-04, 05:19 PM
Depends on the track. Revson never won an oval race.
Ah, but Chesson never won on the road either. Remember, Revson also won the pole at Indy.

Racewriter
08-16-04, 07:07 PM
Ah, but Chesson never won on the road either. Remember, Revson also won the pole at Indy.

Like I said - depends on the track.

Fio1
08-17-04, 12:16 AM
You guys would be surprised to learn that Chesson actually has sponsors that are not related or friends of the family sponsoring him in IPS. Hey, all I'm saying is that I'd rather see this cat race in IRL then some Brazilian F3000 mid-packer.... :rolleyes:

I'm also glad that he's beating the overrated w*nkers with famous names that currently race in IPS. Forget road racing or no road racing, this guy only has a handful of races that are on pavement! :eek:

Sean O'Gorman
08-17-04, 12:34 AM
I'd be willing to give the IPS drivers some respect if that series was more than just cars flooring it going 180, not pushing the limit.

Madmaxfan2
08-17-04, 03:39 PM
There is a playboy playmate named Echo?

They actually broadcast the IPS "races"?

Learn something new everyday I guess.

ESPN II took pity or tried to please Defender.