PDA

View Full Version : Holy Flying Frenchman!

RaceGrrl
08-14-04, 07:20 PM
Seems like I've finally chosen a driver to cheer for who actually has potential to win the championship. My history has not been the best... Pruett, Franchitti, Franchitti, Servia, Servia, and now Bourdais.

Another hot qualifying session and the pole position for Bourdais makes me a happy grrl. He was a half second faster than Tracy in the second qualifying session. Kermit doesn't know what a white flag is unless it's waving right before he takes the checkered.

Don Quixote
08-14-04, 10:42 PM
Seems like I've finally chosen a driver to cheer for who actually has potential to win the championship. My history has not been the best... Pruett, Franchitti, Franchitti, Servia, Servia, and now Bourdais.

Another hot qualifying session and the pole position for Bourdais makes me a happy grrl. He was a half second faster than Tracy in the second qualifying session. Kermit doesn't know what a white flag is unless it's waving right before he takes the checkered.
The great thing about Seabass, he is so smooth he doesn't look like he is going fast. Then they shout out that he broke the track record. That kid is fast.

Clown
08-14-04, 10:44 PM
Servia, ServiaHe was cloned? :saywhat:
Why wasn't I told!

losedagrooves
08-15-04, 10:06 AM
He's good, out front anyway.
I asked him in toronto about f1 rumours, he laughed and shook his head. Seemed sincere. hope he sticks around for a little while anyway.

Anteater
08-15-04, 11:24 AM
Seems like I've finally chosen a driver to cheer for who actually has potential to win the championship.

You mean we would finally have matching fingernails, 'Grrl? :D Glad to hear we're on the same page. GO KERMIT!

I had the pleasure of meeting RaceGrrl two years ago at Mid-Ohio, everybody; in addition to having other interests in common, we both had painted our fingernails to match our favorite drivers' helmets! My fave did win the championship that year (although he had a bad time on raceday).

G.
08-16-04, 01:54 PM
He's good, out front anyway.
I hear he's pretty good coming up from the back of the pack, too. :laugh:

Jdcooperclan
08-20-04, 10:45 AM
RaceGrrl, et al..

You're not gonna like this, from Autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/pc_subscri...amp;s=5&p=1

"Champ Car star Sebastien Bourdais could be a surprise contender for an F1
seat for next season, according to his manager David Sears.

Bourdais won the 2002 FIA F3000 title with Sears's Super Nova team, but headed to the US last season after securing a ride with the title-winning Newman-Haas Champ Car, having been unable to attract any interest in grand prix racing."

It's not too surprising considering the difference in $$ and the financial status of CCWS. I'll bet Juan is making more $ in one race with Williams than he did all year while at TCGR. (admittedly Chip is a cheap bum) We all hope Seabass stays, but what would YOU do ?

Anteater
08-20-04, 12:27 PM
I knew Kermit was good, but his performance at Denver blew me away! He's certainly good enough for F1 (and was headed there before Arrows went under); however, I like him just fine where he is now. ;)

RaceGrrl
08-20-04, 12:31 PM
Link doesn't work.

I wouldn't blame Bourdais for leaving if he had the chance for an F1 ride. I'd be sorry to see him go but understand it. Hell, I'd even wish him luck, but I don't watch F1, so I wouldn't follow him there. I'll just choose another ChampCar driver to cheer for.

nrc
08-20-04, 12:34 PM
RaceGrrl, et al..

You're not gonna like this, from Autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/pc_subscri...amp;s=5&p=1

When you copy a link from another forum you often can't just copy the text because te forum software abbreviates the link text to fit the page. "..." in the link is an inidicator of this. You have to right click on the link and copy the actual link destination.

RacinM3
08-20-04, 12:35 PM
I like to root AGAINST Bourdais! I just had to be different.....I'm still steaming about that move he pulled at Le Mans.....

jonovision_man
08-20-04, 12:58 PM
I like to root AGAINST Bourdais! I just had to be different.....I'm still steaming about that move he pulled at Le Mans.....

I was having a discussion with some others on this, and it seems like what actually happenned and how much of it can be blamed on Sebastian is pretty up in the air. Given how out of character that is for the guy based on his Champcar + F3000 careers, I give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

For the benefit of those who missed it, Martin Short held Sebastian up for a few corners, which isn't very kosher at Le Mans (different classes). Short claims that Bourdais intentionally pushed him off the circuit, and I haven't been able to track down what Sebastian said but folks have claimed that he more or less confirmed that. Short was able to rejoin after his first off, but then went off in a big way a few minutes later when the suspension that Bourdais's car had hit failed.

If anyone has more about Sebastian's side of the story I'd love to see it, I've only seen Short's for the most part.

Sean O'Gorman
08-20-04, 01:04 PM
It seems that Martin Short wasn't as mad about the accident as he was Sebastian's response. No attempt to take any blame, no apology, just rudeness, according to Martin.

RichK
08-20-04, 02:00 PM
I heard that he went MENTAL!

http://sctv.org/characters/edgrimley/edphoto.jpg