PDA

View Full Version : Marxie sez Haas is staying.

Spicoli
08-14-04, 05:53 PM
I've heard that from 2 other sources today as well. Maybe he saw Ronald, and decided to stay. ;)

Wingnut
08-14-04, 06:12 PM
I've heard that from 2 other sources today as well. Maybe he saw Ronald, and decided to stay. ;)

I trust your sources more than I trust Mr. C....

I'll be keeping everything crossed in the meantime...well, almost everything. ;)

Christine

Michaelhatesfans
08-14-04, 07:01 PM
I'll be keeping everything crossed in the meantime...well, almost everything. ;)

Christine
Oh, come on! :p

FTG
08-14-04, 07:30 PM
If true, I'll say it probably means Honda withdrew its offer.

Spicoli
08-14-04, 07:59 PM
If true, I'll say it probably means Honda withdrew its offer.

Not necessarily. I think it means more that Haas came to his senses. SeaBass doesn't want to eARL, Newman won;t go. The team is pure Champ, and FatCarl prolly figures the Yen will dry up before he even gets his Falcon Road course update kit. :gomer:

Seriously - this is huge. It means the tide is finally turning. A bunch of us at RA heard stuff like this was coming, and it appears we have alot of good news. Remember - PLN said to Carl "Monday I need your decision".....

Besides, Carl can now be a bigshot again. :)

FTG
08-14-04, 10:02 PM
You could be right, but it's even better news if Toyota and Honda are going to stop throwing the yen around and if Toyota's rumoured pull back in spending is true, it just makes sense for Honda to cut back too.

Poor Fernandez and Rahal, last ones on the gravy train and last ones to figure out that it is coming to an end.

KLang
08-15-04, 09:16 AM
Fernandez and Rahal

:flame: Grrrr... Those two deserve the earl.

Jag_Warrior
08-15-04, 12:04 PM
if Toyota's rumoured pull back in spending is true, it just makes sense for Honda to cut back too.

Sorry Carl, there have been a few budget adjustments since we last spoke.

I simply cannot see Toyota taking the $/yen hit for full bore F1, NASCAR CTS, NASCAR Nextel, various drag racing efforts, Grand Am and IRL. Their motorsports budget would have to affect the bottomline at some point. Does anyone here know what their total motorsports budget is?

As much as it might be a sign of bad things for the sport, sooner or later, hard times will find Rahal and Fernandez. And if Toyota pulls back a bit, I would think Honda would do the same.

Ankf00
08-16-04, 09:16 AM
how much does grand am cts and nextel (potentially) drain them though?