PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca Seating???

fourrunner
08-13-04, 11:14 PM
OK - Round # 2 for me for 2004 is Laguna Seca ...

Flight, Hotel, & Rent A Car booked .... I just need to buy tickets

My First Visit, and Justin will be with me ...

Any suggestions on what seats to buy ???

I'll most likely wander around for different views, but I figure a seat to retreat to will come in Handy

Is Pit Paddock a smart buy ... Pit is a joke in Toronto, But Paddock is great !

I'm open to suggestions!!!

fourrunner

wood-eye
08-14-04, 12:33 AM
We sit in the turn 11 seats...the straightaway before the finish.....but the new garages are blocking a lot of the action coming down the hill....we're trying it again this year but might just resort to the wandering..so many different places there (and you can always sit most anywhere).

manic mechanic
08-14-04, 12:39 AM
OK - Round # 2 for me for 2004 is Laguna Seca ...

Flight, Hotel, & Rent A Car booked .... I just need to buy tickets

My First Visit, and Justin will be with me ...

Any suggestions on what seats to buy ???

I'll most likely wander around for different views, but I figure a seat to retreat to will come in Handy

Is Pit Paddock a smart buy ... Pit is a joke in Toronto, But Paddock is great !

I'm open to suggestions!!!

fourrunner

Hey 4,

My wife only wants the Sunday end of the 3-day ticket I bought for her.

You are welcome to the Fri/Sat part of it if you want. It includes paddock in(absolutely first rate at Seca, IMHO).

I'll exact my payment for it in BEER (you know what I mean). :D

Concentrate on your other 3-day and a Sunday ticket.

manic

Mr. Vengeance
08-14-04, 12:41 AM
Nothing wrong with GA at Laguna Seca.

Find a spot on the hillside between 10 & 11 and you'll be laughing.

FRANKY
08-14-04, 12:54 AM
OK

Looks like (http://www.laguna-seca.com/Tickets/index.cfm?Fuseaction=ViewTickets&EventID=3) they are only selling turn four and eleven seats. I haven't sat in grandstands there in years there. Grab some Gatorade (Or Powerade :gomer: ) and walk the track is my suggestion. I guess since you are also flying in you may not have a chair, I take my SitNchill (http://www.koolestproducts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SITNCHILL) when I go to road courses.

As far as the Paddock Pass, I think it comes with General Admission nowadays, at least the web site indicates that.

fourrunner
08-14-04, 01:28 AM
Hey 4,

My wife only wants the Sunday end of the 3-day ticket I bought for her.

You are welcome to the Fri/Sat part of it if you want. It includes paddock in(absolutely first rate at Seca, IMHO).

I'll exact my payment for it in BEER (you know what I mean). :D

Concentrate on your other 3-day and a Sunday ticket.

manic

LOL - I may just take you up on that ... It seems that GA is the way to go !!

Yuengling Lager - as I recall (correct me if I'm wrong ) Cans most likely for the Checked Baggage

As far as chairs go _ I have a variation of the umbrella chair so I'll see if they fit in the Big Suitcase .... If not I'll just buy a couple when I get there, and give them away when I leave!! :)

Thanks for the info folks!!

fourrunner
08-14-04, 01:31 AM
I hope theirs a getogether so I can meet everyone from here thats going !!!

Or some signage at the gathering places around the track !! :thumbup:

manic mechanic
08-14-04, 01:54 AM
LOL - I may just take you up on that ... It seems that GA is the way to go !!

Yuengling Lager - as I recall (correct me if I'm wrong ) Cans most likely for the Checked Baggage

As far as chairs go _ I have a variation of the umbrella chair so I'll see if they fit in the Big Suitcase .... If not I'll just buy a couple when I get there, and give them away when I leave!! :)

Thanks for the info folks!!

Yuengling's Pottsville Porter, if you please.

BTW, there is a K-Mart not far from the road that leads to Wolf Hill parking. I have a suspicion that you might find a few chairs for sale there! :D

manic

Dougrun
08-14-04, 01:58 AM
Dont bother with a grandstand seat. You can see more on the hill facing the andretti hairpin in turn 1. You can see even MORE on the hill just in front of the corkscrew. You may want to buy one and watch the start from the turn 1 hill, then go back to your seat. Don't miss the atlantics start, it's always fun to watch the turn 1 maylee. And you must see the corkscrew taken at-speed. They sometimes have a superbike do a few laps too which is fun to watch down the screw.
http://www.phototiming.com/pics/laguna03w/

manic mechanic
08-14-04, 01:58 AM
I hope theirs a getogether so I can meet everyone from here thats going !!!

Or some signage at the gathering places around the track !! :thumbup:

Check the "gatherings" forum...Anaya is already starting a list. :cool:

The Pirate Truck is staying home for Seca and Vegas so I can't promise an easy landmark, but I think we could (possibly) talk woodeye and Linda Lou into letting us gather at the top of the hill..There ought to be plenty of "signage" there!!! :D

manic

Anteater
08-14-04, 01:35 PM
It will be fun to meet you finally, fourrunner! :cool: Mr. A & I will be roaming the track & pits most of the time (we sprang for the 3-Day Super Ticket w/ pit access); raceday will find us in our usual seats in Grandstand 11 (sec. A, row 17). You can see the pits and the start/finish line from there.

Dave99
08-14-04, 11:25 PM
4R- In addition to the Turn 1/2 location, you absolutely must travel up "the hill" to the corkscrew for at least one session. So in addition to your market umbrella, bring a bike along with you.

If Justin needs a 3-Day GA ticket (including paddock) lemme know and I'll give him the low, low, friend-of-fourrunner discount. $55 :)

See you there! :cool:

Fitti Fan
08-15-04, 11:11 AM
:cry:

BMEP and I won't be able to make it as we're planning a post-wedding California get together for October. Couldn't make it all happen in one weekend unfortunately and we don't have a lot of traveling time available. Very very sad.

:cry:

fourrunner
08-15-04, 11:59 AM
Dave 99 I'll take you up on that 3 Day ticket for Justin - Your PM box is full, so let me know how you want to work it

Manic Mechanic - I'm thinking of UPS ing the Yuengling out to you - it might be easier, and they stop at my Business a few times a week - I can pack it nice

Fitti Fan .. I'm sorry you can't come, but we'll tell you all about it :)

Anteater ... can't wait to meet you either ...

This trip is going to be a hoot ... I get to meet all those people I've been talking to all these years in the Forums & Chat

I've made some great friendships, and long lasting ones at the East Coast tracks over the years, and I hope that continues!!

Champ Car is not just Racing ! :thumbup: