PDA

View Full Version : Article - Comaprisons

Dougrun
08-12-04, 06:34 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040812/WHRACING12//?query=IRL

overall, a good read. :thumbup:

Cam
08-13-04, 09:16 AM
With the IRL talking about going to former Champ Car circuits such as St. Petersburg, Fla., and Long Beach, Calif., it must ensure that its cars are within a second or two of the Champ Car cousins and not the six seconds that separated their rivals from F1 cars.

So Long Beach is now definitely a "former" circuit? :saywhat:

losedagrooves
08-13-04, 09:30 AM
Dam, I thought this article was about coma prisons. :gomer:

KLang
08-13-04, 09:35 AM
I wish the author wouldn't refer to the earl as our cousins. :thumdown:

Andrew Longman
08-13-04, 10:02 AM
"With the release of its 2005 schedule last week, the Indy Racing League fulfilled the promise made by founder Tony George a decade ago and included two road racing events in its 16-race calendar.

The expansion to road courses remained a part of the overall IRL plan to give the series a broader appeal since its inception 10 years ago, but chief executive officer George insisted he wasn't going to rush into anything and waited for the right moment to make the move.

"All along we had contemplated running road courses and street circuits possibly at some point in time, with a real focus on preserving and protecting the open-wheel oval racing aspect of major league open-wheel racing," he said."

Overall a good piece but they repeat this crap unchallenged? :saywhat:

JT265
08-13-04, 10:06 AM
People already aren't watching the IRL on television and few bother to show up in the stands at races.

There's the money quote.

jonovision_man
08-13-04, 10:44 AM
I wish the author wouldn't refer to the earl as our cousins. :thumdown:

fussin' and a-feudin' cousins are still cousins. :)