PDA

View Full Version : RM: "NHR B, DCR C, PKV & OWRS D, CCWS F"

rabbit
08-12-04, 03:16 PM
FYI (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/12430/)

racer2c
08-12-04, 03:17 PM
No Jargon Joe is worth at least a C- in my book. :)

Megger
08-12-04, 03:23 PM
FRM and his report cards. Speed has brain washed him with NASCAR BS and FTG is writing checks for every bad thing he say about Champcar on speed.

rabbit
08-12-04, 03:43 PM
FRM and his report cards. Speed has brain washed him with NASCAR BS and FTG is writing checks for every bad thing he say about Champcar on speed.
:rolleyes:

Ruben Barrios
08-12-04, 04:18 PM
Right he doesn't agree with us! :saywhat: :rolleyes:

BTW it's sarcasm.

RichK
08-12-04, 04:28 PM
I thought it was spot on.

Megger
08-12-04, 06:37 PM
I agree with most of his team assesments but it would be nice to see some credit for Champcar even having a season this year. The Truth has had very little CC coverage this year. I guess I would just like to see more positive media for the series.

1/28

racer2c
08-12-04, 06:48 PM
I thought it was spot on.

It's hard to disagree with any of what he wrote, but he states what an uphill battle the owners have had in saving Champ Car, and then gives Champ Car an F. Whateva.

RichK
08-12-04, 07:04 PM
It's hard to disagree with any of what he wrote, but he states what an uphill battle the owners have had in saving Champ Car, and then gives Champ Car an F. Whateva.

I think he didn't explain his "F" well. In that last paragraph, he gives the ridiculous green flag pit stop rule and awful officiating an "F", which I agree with.

I'd give ChampCar an "A" for effort this year, for sure.

GOFAST1
08-12-04, 07:40 PM
From ashes to great season with quality talent and superb racing ,they all deserve BIG A + and failure of RM to see that, deserves F and F.... ...

Lizzerd
08-12-04, 11:12 PM
From ashes to great season with quality talent and superb racing ,they all deserve BIG A + and failure of RM to see that, deserves F and F.... ...

Agreed. For Champ Car to even be turning a wheel with a full grid last April deserves a big :thumbup:

Seadog
08-13-04, 08:31 AM
I won't give Champcar one overall grade. There have been many aspects to this season

TV: D- Spike TV sucks plain and simple. The production company that does OWRS races is awful. I thought the Camera placement at RA was awful. They cut away to coverage of some backmarker when PT was passing SB for the lead. As far as I can tell these jokers have never done live or semi-live TV before.

I do like TK in the booth. Rick Benjamin is a good interim stand-in but I can't get used to him.

Schedule: B+ The fact that there is racing this year is a miracle. But here are my gripes.

However OWRS should be racing at Mid-Ohio and finding a way to make things work on the natural terrain road courses. Champ Car isn't going to grow on the back of 1.6 mile street courses. If OWRS can't find a way to keep racing at Road America then these guys are off of their rocker. If it means cutting the event down to one day of practice and qualifying and one day of racing DO IT. RA next to Spa, Suzuka and Monza is one of the last truly ballsy tracks left on this earth. If OWRS leaves RA or vice versa, then these guys will truly be out of their goards.

Seoul: Why did they bother even putting it on the schedule? I've lived there and I could have told you it was never going to happen. The Koreans make the Greeks look like organizational geniuses.

TBA: WTH?

I sure would like to see a race at Barber Motorsports Park. If they can race in that rinky dink Miami Street course they can race at Barber. Hell, Lime Rock Park could work if Miami can.

Drivers: A-

Having AJ and Ryan in our sport counteracts the pay riders. I still wouldn't mind seeing the pay riders go extinct.

Misc: A- I have to admit. Push to Pass has grown on me.

Rules: C- I hate the Mandatory pit windows. I hate the stupid full course cautions. Can someone explain to me why OWRS won't abandon them?

Formula: Incomplete. That there is racing this year is a miracle. However I think that these LOLAs and Reynards will be eligible for vintage racing in the not to distant future.

pchall
08-13-04, 11:31 AM
Miller was a great one, but that is now in the past.

Madmaxfan2
08-13-04, 06:24 PM
Ithink Miller is fed up with the progression of auto racing in general. NASCAR has become WWF of autoracing, and open wheel racing as a sport is a mess, no matter what side you are on. The arrival of big money plus Wall Street driven values is what has been the driver for this situation of toplevel racing, be is NASCAR, OW in North America, or F1. Miller is old school and he appears to be disgusted with the whole situation as he sees it.