PDA

View Full Version : This Has IRL All Over It...Don't Do it Shorty!

racer2c
08-12-04, 12:55 PM
DaMatta's manager doesn't want to make Toyota mad. Says that Toyota has been very good to them. Says Toyota has been generous in negotiations. Says they have no reason to be upset with Toyota. You know where this is going...

Don't do it Shorty! :flame:

Wingnut
08-12-04, 01:04 PM
DaMatta's manager doesn't want to make Toyota mad. Says that Toyota has been very good to them. Says Toyota has been generous in negotiations. Says they have no reason to be upset with Toyota. You know where this is going...

That would be just wrong, wrong, wrong. What has he done to deserve the Earl? I don't even want to see Junqueira have to go twirling, let alone DaMatta. Hopefully N/H can pull some strings.

Who actually has more pull in this case, the-car-manufacturer-that-shall-remain-nameless, or N/H and their first rights??

Methanolandbrats
08-12-04, 01:40 PM
"Says they have no reason to be upset with Toyota"

Huh? He pedals their F1 *****box for them and then they fire him because he's "slow" :saywhat:

Wheel-Nut
08-12-04, 01:43 PM
Why do athletes need managers? Can they not speak for themselves?

Steve99
08-12-04, 01:56 PM
"Says they have no reason to be upset with Toyota"

Huh? He pedals their F1 *****box for them and then they fire him because he's "slow" :saywhat:

I'd like to second this statement. Why should he show any more loyalty to Toyota?

Brickman
08-12-04, 02:08 PM

What would one expect??? I mean you should be surprised if he isn't in a Toyota next year.

He wins the Championship for Toyota in 2002... TOYOTA. Their only Championship in CART.

I think F-1 was the natural choice for da Matta, :thumbup: I would rather see him in a Newman sled than one of Haas's cars, but I would be VERY surprised if that happens.

Chaos
08-12-04, 02:28 PM
is he still under contract to Toyota for 2005?

racer2c
08-12-04, 02:29 PM
What would one expect??? I mean you should be surprised if he isn't in a Toyota next year.

He wins the Championship for Toyota in 2002... TOYOTA. Their only Championship in CART.

I think F-1 was the natural choice for da Matta, :thumbup: I would rather see him in a Newman sled than one of Haas's cars, but I would be VERY surprised if that happens.

What would I expect? The same as I would do. A millionaire race car driver racing in a series because he wants to, not because he has manufacturer sympathies.

**** DaMatta, they canned you half way through the season. Throw em the finger and come back to Champ Car.

Brickman
08-12-04, 03:44 PM
What would I expect? The same as I would do. A millionaire race car driver racing in a series because he wants to, not because he has manufacturer sympathies.

**** DaMatta, they canned you half way through the season. Throw em the finger and come back to Champ Car.

"manufacturers sympathies" = Bigger Paycheck

It's the same old thing. But if anyone can show their loyalty to a series by writing a bigger check than the other guy... Paul Newman can.

cart7
08-12-04, 05:00 PM
Well, if he goes, the lemmings will finally have that bad guy they can boo at every race.

Here's hoping he's not subjected to that punishment. Tooling around in that Toyo sled the last year and a half was punishment enough.

Don Quixote
08-12-04, 05:52 PM
I can't imagine CDM going to the lesser series under any circumstances. :shakehead

racer2c
08-12-04, 06:50 PM
"manufacturers sympathies" = Bigger Paycheck

It's the same old thing. But if anyone can show their loyalty to a series by writing a bigger check than the other guy... Paul Newman can.

Paul Newman is as rich as Toyota? That's rich! :gomer:

Madmaxfan2
08-12-04, 07:12 PM
I posted this possibility here about last week. The statement about been there and done that on Champ Car by DaMatta was a red flag for me, esp. considering Carl Haas.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5086&page=3

eiregosod
08-12-04, 07:56 PM
I wonder if he'd go to Grand Am? or perhaps NASCAr?

Brickman
08-12-04, 08:54 PM
Paul Newman is as rich as Toyota? That's rich! :gomer:

More loyal than Toyota = Willing to write a bigger check. :gomer:

One thing that can tip the scales, Haas could be going with Honda power, so with Newman/Haas having "first rights" Toyota may or may play a factor.

cartmanoz
08-14-04, 03:05 PM
If Toyota still own his contract for services in 2005, thenI think there is a real possibility he could go EARLing. Sad, but possible.

cart7
08-14-04, 03:18 PM
I still don't understand this though. The rumours have Haas going earling with Honda Yen and Tony bucks. How does a Toyota driver fit into that scenario?

Spicoli
08-14-04, 06:01 PM
More loyal than Toyota = Willing to write a bigger check. :gomer:

One thing that can tip the scales, Haas could be going with Honda power, so with Newman/Haas having "first rights" Toyota may or may play a factor.

Well, there goes that theory! :gomer:

;)

Michaelhatesfans
08-14-04, 07:04 PM
Hey, Eiregosod/Sod/Sodthemerciless - Haven't seen you around for a while! :cool:

Spicoli
08-14-04, 07:22 PM
Hey, Eiregosod/Sod/Sodthemerciless - Haven't seen you around for a while! :cool:

hisfavoritedriversucks. ;)

Michaelhatesfans
08-14-04, 08:32 PM
But is it Watson, Daly, or Irvine??? :laugh:

(edit) And yeah, I got the wink. I've been meaning to stop by, actually. :cool:

Madmaxfan2
08-15-04, 11:40 AM
Knowing Tony and Carl, it would not suprise me if Honda purchased DaMatta's contract from Toyota. Racin' is rubin' and dealin'

mueber
08-19-04, 08:56 AM
Well, if he goes, the lemmings will finally have that bad guy they can boo at every race.

Here's hoping he's not subjected to that punishment. Tooling around in that Toyo sled the last year and a half was punishment enough.

CDM is hardly a fav. at TF. I can't see him going gomering if only because of the agro.

Anteater
08-19-04, 11:11 AM
I hate this rumor! :flame: Source of rumor here:
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=30860

Car-B-Q
08-19-04, 05:05 PM
I hate this rumor! :flame: Source of rumor here:
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=30860I don't see it as a rumor as much as a couple of conditional IFs. Considering the article says:

IF da Matta is to stay with Toyota that would suggest a move to earl...

and

but it is known that his former Champ Car team Newman-Haas Racing, part owned by actor Paul Newman, is keen to have him back.

So you have two different speculations...not rumors. Its not a rumor he's considering earl, is it? Its also not a rumor he's considering CCWS, either.

Anteater
08-19-04, 08:16 PM
You're right, Car-B-Q...it's speculation, not a rumor. Just the same, I don't like to think about the I*L scenario.

stymie
08-20-04, 04:01 PM
While it is not Toyota, but Lexus(a Toyota brand), that races in the Grand Am Series could DaMatta be slated for a ride there? Just another possibilty to add to the speculation, he does not have to race in a series that he has not spoken highly of.