PDA

View Full Version : Great, now I have to start liking Kellen Winslow Jr.

rabbit
08-11-04, 01:46 PM
"I'm a soldier" signs contract with Browns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-winslow&prov=ap&type=lgns)

I just hope he can behave himself enough to make Browns fans proud of him, instead of embarassing himself and the team. :rolleyes:

Hardpoint
08-11-04, 02:42 PM
I despise most anyone who every played for Cryami.

http://buckeyes.homestead.com/files/miamiwhine.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
08-11-04, 02:54 PM
6-10 at best this year for the Browns. I'm not a football expert by ANY means, but it doesn't take one to know that a team with no chemistry like Cleveland isn't going to accomplish much.

Personally, I think it was be the ultimate in irony if Favre were to get injured early in the season and Tim Couch leads the Packers to the Super Bowl!

rabbit
08-11-04, 03:02 PM
Personally, I think it was be the ultimate in irony if Favre were to get injured early in the season and Tim Couch leads the Packers to the Super Bowl!Sort of like Bernie Kosar throwing two touchdown passes in the NFC Championship game then winning a Super Bowl ring just weeks after Bill *#%&@% Belicheck cut him?

Sean O'Gorman
08-11-04, 03:17 PM
Sort of like Bernie Kosar throwing two touchdown passes in the NFC Championship game then winning a Super Bowl ring just weeks after Bill *#%&@% Belicheck cut him?

And then Bill Belicheck himself going on to win those two Super Bowls and become one of the best coaches in the NFL after all those losing seasons in Cleveland? :D

Railbird
08-11-04, 08:12 PM
What are you beetchin about Sean O? "The Chosen One" is a high speed bigazz tight end who can shake LBs and flatten the rest of the secondary

Winslow is gonna be great and probably won't completely implode before Garcia runs out of gas.

You've got a couple of exciting offensive seasons ahead.

Plus some easy jokes about the "soldier" receiver and the "don't ask, don't tell" QB.

rabbit
08-18-04, 02:49 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-winslowsweek&prov=ap&type=lgns

"I wasn't here last year, but they only won five games,'' Winslow said. "I'm not trying to talk them down or anything, but something has to happen.''

"That's just the way I play. They should all do the same I think,'' he said. "Everybody should go 100 percent every play -- wrap up, tackle. That's how you get better.''

"We want a name for ourselves and we just need change around here, just going 100 percent every play and making an identity for ourselves,'' he said. Hmm, ruffling feathers already. I agree with much of what he's saying (about effort). I just hope it unites the team instead of vice versa.

Steve99
08-18-04, 06:42 PM
I'm sure the defensive players will appreciate his tips on how to tackle. :rolleyes:

rabbit
08-19-04, 11:16 AM
I'm sure the defensive players will appreciate his tips on how to tackle. :rolleyes:
After the way they played last year, I think they should be open to any advice they get.

Insomniac
08-21-04, 08:54 AM
http://terrapinclips.com/video/starks_winslow.wmv

Sean O'Gorman
08-22-04, 01:24 AM
Winslow was at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight, I think I saw him get one of the waitress' phone numbers.

RaceGrrl
08-22-04, 01:29 AM
Watch and learn, SeanO. :p

Sean O'Gorman
12-05-04, 03:30 PM
6-10 at best this year for the Browns.

Bump.

Wow, was I ever optimistic about the Browns.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dando
12-05-04, 05:55 PM
Bump.

Wow, was I ever optimistic about the Browns.

Sad part for the Brownies fans is that the damage inflicted by Davis & co. will take years to overcome. There is not one facet of that time that is in solid shape. Maybe the NFL can move the Browns to LA so that Cleveland can stop embarassing itself. :laugh:

In the meantime, great comeback on the road by the Who Dey boys. Winning drive and 200+ QB rating by Carson Palmer (soon to be followed by JT's statement that Palmer is not the answer). :gomer:

EDIT: Brownies have only two more winnable games left: @Miami and @Houston. I can't see them beating Buffalo on the road or Diego @ home. The Miami game could be the difference between the second and third overall draft picks.

-Kevin