PDA

View Full Version : Did Paul Tracy get the black flag?

PopOffValve
08-09-04, 11:04 PM
Official results show him as coming in 12th so I guess Champcar changed their mind? :confused:

Clown
08-09-04, 11:24 PM
I've been wondering about this one myself :confused:

RTKar
08-09-04, 11:28 PM
scanner said he was in for it.... ????

Old3Fan
08-09-04, 11:30 PM
He must have as he finished as the last car on the lead lap. Without the black flag he would have finished higher I think.

nrc
08-09-04, 11:31 PM
No mention of a black flag in the race notes.

The lap chart shows Tracy making a fourth stop on the second to last lap and dropping from 11th to 12th.

While that's not much of a penalty, it seems to me that there was really no reason for Bruno to even fight with Tracy, he was a lap down.

Cam
08-09-04, 11:39 PM
I thought he got a drive through penalty? :saywhat:

Hard Driver
08-09-04, 11:53 PM
I agree that it was a stup penalty. Bruno cuts in front of him and jams on his brakes when a lap down. And Tracy gets penalized???? :thumdown:

RaceGrrl
08-10-04, 12:04 AM
That was a BS call. Bruno should not have been racing Paul. Stupid, stupid move on Bruno's part. I wonder if he said THAT wasn't fair.

Lizzerd
08-10-04, 01:06 AM
Bruno even admitted that he just lost it. There was no contact.

losedagrooves
08-10-04, 01:11 AM
Put Bruno on an IRL pit crew for that bonehead move. Make sure he's somewhere near the fernandez pit. splat.

Kiwifan
08-10-04, 02:06 AM
Is there any recourse for Paul? I believe that once a decision has been made in the race in the Aussie V8s it stays with no appeal. I know the guys in the booth have a tough job but having just watched the race....finally, taped delayed I thought they made a poor judgment call. :thumdown:

Rusty.

Wolverine
08-10-04, 08:58 AM
Did Paul Tracy get the black flag?

Yes, he most certainly did. In fact, he came down pit lane to serve his drive-through penalty after the leaders had already taken the white flag, so he took the white flag in pit lane. PT then exited the pits, completed his final lap, and pulled off the course on driver's right just beyond pit out.

solpadeine
08-10-04, 12:02 PM
I've been trying to locate any articles with Paul's feelings about the black flag,
but there's nothing anywhere that I can find (he's missing from the post-race comments). My guess is it's something like this:

!#!@*&%$*@%$*!&@%$&@$%*!$%*@&%#$%@$$@*&!@%&$@%!
$&!@%$&@!%$&%@!$&!@$%&@!%$&%@$&%@!&$%*@!$%*!@&$%
&@%$*&@%*@&%$*&@%$*&@%$*&@&$%@&$%*&@%$*$@*^$@
*#%&%#&%@#&%$%&@*#%*@&#$%*@%$*@!&%#*&@!%#*&%
@!#*@!%#*&@%#*&@%#*&%*@**@*@*!&@#^%%@#*&%@#*&#!!!!!

TravelGal
08-10-04, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking it's time for Paul to bite the bullet, take that point penalty, and speak up. I'm also wondering if TK got a fine or reprimand for saying onair that black flag showed no conception of how racing works. (or words to that effect). GRRRRRRR. :saywhat:

Andrew Longman
08-10-04, 06:22 PM
I'm thinking it's time for Paul to bite the bullet, take that point penalty, and speak up. I'm also wondering if TK got a fine or reprimand for saying onair that black flag showed no conception of how racing works. (or words to that effect). GRRRRRRR. :saywhat:

They better not fine TK. Censoring your broadcaster is simply dumb, destroys their credibility and insults viewers.

As for PT, he must be feeling it. His season is slipping away. Two pole qualifying flyers were wiped out by red flags over the weekend and Tags wins on a freakily timed caution. I think he should keep quiet and let others do his talking. I just hope he doesn't give up.

Rogue Leader
08-10-04, 06:54 PM

They better not fine TK or CCWS suddenly becomes NASCAR!

Insomniac
08-11-04, 07:57 AM
This is all I could find from PT:

Paul Tracy
#1 Indeck Forsythe Racing
Lola/Ford

"I had a great start; made up 3 places on the first lap but then the yellow came out just as all the leaders were due to come in I had to pit under yellow ... that left us in the position of having to do another green flag stop over the competition and that means making up around 25 seconds or more!"

"We tied Tagliani for laps led - 16 I think, and I genuinely thought we could get 2nd, but the lap 31 Yellow eliminated our lead advantage and so then 4th was our best hope. My last pit stop was terrible - we had the left front wheel gun jam and when we came out we were 11th in front of Bruno Junqueira. A good fight through the early turns and then he brake tested on me into turn five and we contacted and went off together as he spun. I was able to drive off but then had to do a drive through penalty ... so overall it was a frustrating race and a bad result, and which dropped me from 3rd to 4th in the Championship."

Rogue Leader
08-11-04, 08:03 AM
This is all I could find from PT:

wow.... very.... politcal. :saywhat:

FTG
08-11-04, 08:30 AM
He doesn't want to lose points. Too bad. I find PT much more interesting when he isn't muzzled.

Insomniac
08-11-04, 08:22 PM
He doesn't want to lose points. Too bad. I find PT much more interesting when he isn't muzzled.

Sarcastic PT was equally funny.

"I made the pass (on Wilson) on the straightaway," he said. "Then he banzaied down the inside and we touched. He was starting to spin anyway. The officials penalized me, which I thought was a great call."

"What can I say," said Wilson. "He tried to pass me with a very aggressive move, pushing me against the wall. There was nowhere to go and he kept hitting me until I spun."

As for the incident with Jourdain…

"I didn't see (Michel)," said Tracy, who raced out of pit lane and into Turn One as Jourdain arrived at the same spot. "I got down into the first corner and all of a sudden I felt a touch, and the next thing I know, I got a penalty. Am I supposed to stop at the end of pit lane and wave anybody who might be on the track past? Hats off to the officials. It was another great call."

Ruben Barrios
08-11-04, 09:14 PM
Idiot!!

FTG
08-11-04, 09:35 PM
"I made the pass (on Wilson) on the straightaway," he said. "Then he banzaied down the inside

For the last time. That is exactly what happened. Wilson went inside, outside and back inside. Anyone who takes three different lines in one corner is responsible for the contact.

Insomniac
08-12-04, 08:23 AM
"I made the pass (on Wilson) on the straightaway," he said. "Then he banzaied down the inside

For the last time. That is exactly what happened. Wilson went inside, outside and back inside. Anyone who takes three different lines in one corner is responsible for the contact.

:confused:

I was just quoting his sarcasm. This week, we got neither.