PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mikey - We hate you too

Spicoli
08-09-04, 04:17 PM
Swiped from AR1, but infuriating all the same.

I mean, what freakin planet is this idiot from? Mikey, I hope your cars all blow up, and you get a venerial disease. Then I hope you step on a rake. LEAVE US ALONE!

Why is the EARL so bent on killing our sport? We won't come "kicking and screaming" either.

Andretti predicts Champ Car's demise In an exclusive interview with AutoRacing1.com at Road America where he was Sunday to watch his son race for the Skip Barber National crown, Michael Andretti predicts the demise of Champ Car, something he has done for a couple of years now. Excerpt: Suddenly, this conversation is no longer about Marco Andretti’s future. It’s about what will happen to a sport that has been living its hardest years for almost a decade already. Michael brushes off my question with ease as he states his “vision” for American open-wheel racing: “Absolutely. The IRL will be road racing next year, and increasingly more in years to come.” It is clear that he believes Tony George’s league will eventually erode Champ Car’s fan base as it begins to turn both sides. “Things are changing dramatically”, Michael proceeds. “Only the strongest series will survive. And from the size of the crowd I see here at Road America, I can tell you it won’t be Champ Car."

Class "A" Wanker....

Michaelhatesfans
08-09-04, 04:27 PM
I just vented on CW about this.

Let's just say my comments might not have been appropriate on this site. I mean, I'm sure the sentiment would be shared, but perhaps not the style that I used! :laugh:

(I know you and CW kind of came to cyber blows, Spicoli, and to be honest I was pretty much out of the loop on all of the hows and whys, and would probably prefer keep it that way. Needless to say this is one of those times when there are just a solidified bunch of Champcar fans, regardless of the site. It's one of those days when we would all like for Mikey to step in front of a bus - or was he pushed? Hard to prove.) :flame:

Methanolandbrats
08-09-04, 04:34 PM
So Mikey and Rahole were both there hiding in their haulers. Jerks. Mikey is such a vile, evil *******. And Son of Rahole, Spawn of Mikey and Al Jr.s drippings all suck...maybe their Champcar hating Daddys should consider a group buy of IPS tubs. ******s.

RichK
08-09-04, 04:45 PM
There's nothing like walking into someone's house and taking a poo on the carpet. Mikey, at least have the decency to spew from your own "events".

RTKar
08-09-04, 05:00 PM
Too bad this year's race wasn't named after his dad...too bad his dad wasn't their to hear that crap....what a jack ***... :thumdown:

Don Quixote
08-09-04, 05:23 PM
I hope the yenwhore had to buy a ticket.

Audi_A4
08-09-04, 05:32 PM
So Mikey and Rahole were both there hiding in their haulers. Jerks. Mikey is such a vile, evil *******. And Son of Rahole, Spawn of Mikey and Al Jr.s drippings all suck...maybe their Champcar hating Daddys should consider a group buy of IPS tubs. ******s.

Dude, please tell us how you feel .. and dont hold back ... :gomer:

rabbit
08-09-04, 05:39 PM
Several years ago at Cleveland, Mikey gave me the Kmart/Texaco-Havoline hat he was wearing.

I just tried to sell it for 50 cents at a garage sale.

Nobody wanted it.

Skater_36
08-09-04, 05:40 PM
Michael used to make the same kind of statements about the IRL a few years ago. Now, Michael is full of himself and riding a wave of yen thinking that he is a genius at running a team. Wait till the yen goes away and see how quickly that house of cards called the IRL collapses.

nrc
08-09-04, 05:44 PM
Hey, Mikey has done a lot of research on sparse crowds lately, he just forgot this one was spread out over four miles.

Pick the better business man:

Andretti or Forsythe?
Rahal or Kalkoven?
Unser or Gentilozzi?

Who you gonna listen to?

gjc2
08-09-04, 06:10 PM
I was a fan of Michael, he was a great driver. I also knew he was no genius but the make ridiculous comments like those is beyond stupidity. If anyone knows about sparse crowds it would be an IRL guy.

George

Jag_Warrior
08-09-04, 06:12 PM
The IRL only has 4-6 oval events where it draws decent crowds, and one is TMS, correct? The IRL is being forced to give up one of its TMS dates, and it's going to fill that slot with a road race, is that correct? Established series like CCWS and ALMS aren't having the easiest time drawing big crowds to road course races, correct? But the IRL will be successful where CCWS and ALMS are not. :confused: Mmmkay... could someone explain Mikey's logic to me???

Methanolandbrats
08-09-04, 06:58 PM
: Mmmkay... could someone explain Mikey's logic to me???[/QUOTE] In the last years of his career he was offered more money by Tony and the Japanese than by CART/Champcar. Since he is a greedy, spineless puke with no morals he immediatly forgot that CART and CART fans are responsible for his career. It's not logic, it's selective memory.

Sean O'Gorman
08-09-04, 07:00 PM
Its easy to see Michael's logic.

$$$ + [H] = :) Michael

Its not like any of these morons ever bother to look at the big picture or anything like that...

fourrunner
08-09-04, 07:00 PM
Michael Andretti was a great Race Driver

Outside of that he is a tiresome boor, with little personality, and dumber than a stump

He has basically said the same thing every interview since he left

He knows nothing because he IS a know nothing

Hopefully Marco takes after his Grandfather!

I mean this in the nicest possible way!

signed .... An Ex Michael Andretti Fan who defended his every rediculous tantrum in every way possible but now admits he wasted his time and thinks Michael is the textbook definition of an A** hole !

Ba dump bump

Rogue Leader
08-09-04, 07:04 PM
I think when Mario hears that little mikey will be gettng the beating of a lifetime.

hopefully

RichK
08-09-04, 07:05 PM

:laugh:

rabbit
08-09-04, 07:41 PM
.... An Ex Michael Andretti Fan who defended his every rediculous tantrum in every way possible but now admits he wasted his time and thinks Michael is the textbook definition of an A** hole !Here and all this time I thought I was the only one.

Spicoli
08-09-04, 07:55 PM
This may be unpopular, but I was never a fan of Mikey. He was always a little pissant whiner, who obviously had "some" talent, but it was always overshadowed by his poor interpersonal skills and lack of respect for the fans AND the very sport that buttered his bread for years. His lack of class has always reeked.

Word I hear is that he is extremely difficult to work with and spends very little time in the shop or with the team. Friendships don't exist for him; its all about who is writing him a check that day.

This bull**** that he constantly spews can't be winning the series any new fans.

And don't get me started on his Pop. That Einstein got into a crapwagon and about killed himself. No awards there from me. :shakehead

pchall
08-09-04, 07:55 PM
Mikey, I hope your cars all blow up, and you get a venerial disease.

Damn, Spicoli... how could you wish such a cruel fate to an innocent bacteria?

ps: I have had disdain for Mikey for ages. Remember, this is the guy who perfected the art of using his tip fences to puncture the rear tires of anybody he couldn't find the stones to pass.

fourrunner
08-09-04, 08:10 PM
This may be unpopular, but I was never a fan of Mikey. He was always a little pissant whiner, who obviously had "some" talent, but it was always overshadowed by his poor interpersonal skills and lack of respect for the fans AND the very sport that buttered his bread for years. His lack of class has always reeked.

Word I hear is that he is extremely difficult to work with and spends very little time in the shop or with the team. Friendships don't exist for him; its all about who is writing him a check that day.

This bull**** that he constantly spews can't be winning the series any new fans.

And don't get me started on his Pop. That Einstein got into a crapwagon and about killed himself. No awards there from me. :shakehead

Of course your right on all points, and I know your not asking but...

I'll give Mario a pass even though the Indy Stunt was beyond stupid ...

On the rest I'm from Philadelphia, and Mario is legend in this region .. he's all we have racing wise, and as legends go he's pretty much at the top, no matter what sport your talking about.

Michael however has no cache whatsoever ... I don't think they even like him in Nazareth... well maybe a couple of people ... but Mario is the man

As far as being a fan of Michael ... it's an offshoot of Mario .. Even when I liked him, it had a stink about it...

As with many things I was slow on the uptake ... My loyalty blinded the reality ... I have both eyes wide open but Leave a wakeup call for morning!

pineapple
08-09-04, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Andretti: “Things are changing dramatically”, Michael proceeds. “Only the strongest series will survive. And from the size of the crowd I see here at Homestead, Phoenix, Nazareth and all the rest of our venues, I can tell you it won’t be that sorry-a$$ed league I'm currently whoring for."

By golly, he's right! I'm just flabbergasted that he'd travel all the way to a ChampCar race to make such disparaging remarks about Tony's Plastic Oh-No! Bundestag.

Clown
08-09-04, 10:45 PM
WGAF about the talentless little Yen whore :rolleyes:

JT265
08-09-04, 11:28 PM
WGAF about the talentless little Yen whore :rolleyes:

Well said. Then OR now for me. ;)

Brickman
08-10-04, 03:08 AM
Michael Andretti was a great Race Driver

Outside of that he is a tiresome boor, with little personality, and dumber than a stump

He has basically said the same thing every interview since he left

He knows nothing because he IS a know nothing

Hopefully Marco takes after his Grandfather!

signed .... An Ex Michael Andretti Fan who defended his every rediculous tantrum in every way possible but now admits he wasted his time and thinks Michael is the textbook definition of an A** hole !

Ba dump bump

I think your first to sentances cover what I thought of Mikey as a driver.

Now he sounds like a typical open wheel car owner.

B3RACER1a
08-10-04, 03:23 AM
Dear Mr. Andretti,

You suck.

Sincerely,
B3RACER1a

cart7
08-10-04, 06:10 AM
Suddenly, this conversation is no longer about Marco Andretti’s future.

Yeah, right. It has everything to do with Marco's future.

Marco - Dad, you'd better push and get a lot more road courses on the earl schedule and drop those f'in ovals if you want me on your team in a couple years. If you think you're going to stick me in one of those flying s****boxes like you did Grandpa and make me go around in circles all year you're crazy.

RTKar
08-10-04, 06:44 AM
So why's he at Road America making right turns? Why would he want to do that?

4wheeldrifter
08-10-04, 07:19 AM
Several years ago at Cleveland, Mikey gave me the Kmart/Texaco-Havoline hat he was wearing.

I just tried to sell it for 50 cents at a garage sale.

Nobody wanted it.

Wore my "Team Rahole" hat while staining my wood fence this past weekend. It's never looked so good. :thumbup:

And, BTW.... It's shocking to learn Mikey feels this way, and I guess maybe has felt this way about Champcar for some time. Then again, it is Mikey we're talking about, he the big lover of fans. Just another traitorous as***le.

Rogue Leader
08-10-04, 08:01 AM
He bitched and complained his whole last season in Champ Car, so this is no surprise. Although that was a pretty hard screwing he got in Austrailia, otherwise he was drinking the Kool aid a year before he even showed up in the IRL.

Michaelhatesfans
08-10-04, 08:56 AM
Although that was a pretty hard screwing he got in Austrailia...
Nothing like the screwing he was trying to give CART at the time, taking and entire team a couple of popular drivers with him. He was trying to deliver a deathblow to CART with that move. Mikey's screwing was soft, slow, and gentle compared to what he tried to do to us.

Spicoli
08-10-04, 09:31 AM
Nothing like the screwing he was trying to give CART at the time, taking and entire team a couple of popular drivers with him. He was trying to deliver a deathblow to CART with that move. Mikey's screwing was soft, slow, and gentle compared to what he tried to do to us.

You have no fuggin idea how much money(Yen) Homoco has dumped into that team. Only a handful of people said no to "The New Vision", from what I have been told. Those guys make double (easily) than most guys in the sport. Anything they need, they just ask for. Homoco now has their deathgrip firmly around TG's neck, and as soon as he and Barnfaert and FFN screw them over, they are GONE. Its not a matter of "if", but "when".

[shiftsgears]

Yoda. Look how close they are to just bailing. Lee White is already on record saying he's not happy with the 3.5 to 3.0 switch. Ganassi is asking "why" to the EARL going road racing. Kelly folded into Ganassi. Penske is up to something. And the EARL of Sammich, Mr. AJ is on record saying the Foyt team won;t be any part of road racing. Yoda has sucked on track since May. Homoco is kicking their butts every weekend. I've also been told a bunch of their engineers shifted to Grand Am & Trucks in order to prepare for their assault on NASCAR.\

So - I figure as soon as one of the YenMotors get peed off - kablammy - they're off the EARL. TG & Company think they got these guys figured out? HA! The EARL will look like the surface of Mars when those guys are gone. Who's gonna prop up the league? Rahal? Reinbold? GMAFB.

So - to come full circle - Mikey HAS to be scared shootless. He HAS to say those things if he fully understands the present day atmosphere. Granted, there was not much going on at RA compared to years past....but it will get better. CCWS has PROVEN it is a winning formula for the fans, sponsors, and makes business sense. With the right investments and vision, it WILL work again.

EARL, on the other had, has NEVER been profitable, or worked for more than a few fans and a couple greedy team owners.

Let's talk in a couple years Mikey.

racer2c
08-10-04, 02:36 PM
They didn't get the monikers of 'Snit' and 'Snot' for nothin'! Although I prefer 'Twit' and '****' myself.

FMA (for the 1000th time).

Wally
08-10-04, 03:37 PM
Ahh nothing like a good ol Spicoli post to make evreything in the OW world seem right.... :D :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
08-10-04, 03:40 PM
I passed Mikey on the road at RA on Sat. Too bad I didn't know about the interview. I could have run him off. :D

Funny thing too. About an hour earlier I was standing next to the Skip Barber cars as they were about to roll off when a rather plain GM sedan pulled up and out stepped Paul Newman. He walked over in front of Marco's car. point to him and saluted, then returned to the car.

I guess that is out of loyalty to his grand dad?

Spicoli
08-10-04, 04:32 PM
Ahh nothing like a good ol Spicoli post to make evreything in the OW world seem right.... :D :thumbup:

Thanks. :)

I did want to add one thing about the Yoda situation: I forgot about Mo Nunn Racing. They're not doing so well either. ;)

Tora has to be fending off Eye-Vee for DNFs. Well, Carpenter the Step-Son is in there too.

anyway - you get the drift.

GOFAST1
08-10-04, 07:12 PM
F... that 1993 national embarassement and and evereything that his sold out ass stands for. Champcar fans are not stupid. They know racing,they are loyal ,they love champcar and real racing and they know who you are moron. :flame:

FanofMario
08-10-04, 10:10 PM
To think I used to be a fan of Mikey... :flame: What a dick! I wonder what he thought of the big fan turnout at the MIS last weekend. AHole!

Fio1
08-11-04, 01:50 AM
guys, it's business. he makes a living running 4 cars in the irl, what do you expect him to say? :rolleyes:

FanofMario
08-11-04, 02:03 AM
If it is business, then why does he always bash? It would seem that a smart business person would always leave a door open to other possibilities. This guy is a Benedick Arnold of the first degree. His whole career was made in CART. I hope everybody remembers all of these comments when the ship has gone down. :flame:

Spicoli
08-11-04, 03:56 AM
guys, it's business. he makes a living running 4 cars in the irl, what do you expect him to say? :rolleyes:

Its called class and respect. Evidently that doesn;t count for much in your view. :shakehead

FTG
08-11-04, 06:44 AM
Got to agree with Spicoli. If you need to split for "business" reasons, show a little class.

Don't piss all over people who used to be your friends. It's called common decency.

Rogue Leader
08-11-04, 08:00 AM
Even Penske... while stabbing us in the back.... at least hasnt come out all the time talking about how bad CART/CCWS sucks. FMA does it all the time. Take your League and Stick It... Crap like this motivates me even harder to get a sponsor so I can get myself into some sort of race car and blow your son off the track.

oh and FTG, just for the hell of it.

racer2c
08-11-04, 09:45 AM

I expect him to say something along the lines of "RA is a world class track and I'm proud to watch my son race here during the CCWS weekend". Or else keep the kid in Tony's little sandbox, Mikey.

Don Quixote
08-11-04, 10:15 AM
The "its business" defense is wearing real thin. We all know prostitution is a business, and Mikey is a classless wanker. End of story.

Spicoli
08-11-04, 10:24 AM
Well gee fellers :gomer:

I suppose it is just business......if you are a ****ing sellout Yensucking whore. :flame: :thumdown:

Methanolandbrats
08-11-04, 10:28 AM
guys, it's business. he makes a living running 4 cars in the irl, what do you expect him to say? :rolleyes: I expect him to STFU while running his IRL cars. His professional career and financial security were the result of CART and CART fans. His total lack of respect for CART/Champcar and their fans demonstrates he's nothing but a greedy, spoiled ***hole.

Ruben Barrios
08-11-04, 11:18 AM
Drug dealing is just a business too, killing is part of the business, just ask drug dealers!!!

cartmanoz
08-11-04, 04:19 PM
Mikey must be on one hell of a Kool-Aid IV drip to spewing that amount of garbage.