PDA

View Full Version : 17 Years ago TODAY.......

DjDrOmusic
02-14-03, 12:19 PM
....I picked up my then fiance at 6 am and we drove from Conneaut, Ohio to Warren, Ohio where we were married at 7:30 in the morning. I'm still trying to catch up on the sleep I lost that day...but I would do it all over again, I'm the luckiest guy in the World!!:)

Warlock!
02-14-03, 12:25 PM
Rats. You just reminded me that I'm married too... :(

;)

Congrats, Doc. :thumbup:

Winter Warlock!

Ed_Severson
02-14-03, 12:54 PM
... it was February 14, 1986.

... it was also a Friday.

... I was eight.

Those were the days.

In all seriousness, congratulations. I'm not married (yet), but am recently engaged. I even managed to do it on my birthday, to minimize any chance of getting yelled at because I forgot our engagement date. :D

Eagle104
02-14-03, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Ed_Severson
......am recently engaged. I even managed to do it on my birthday, to minimize any chance of getting yelled at because I forgot our engagement date. :D
:laugh:

Don Quixote
02-14-03, 01:23 PM
Congratulations! A 7:30 am wedding gives the participants little time to get cold feet. Here's to having many more great years! :)

Napoleon
02-14-03, 01:30 PM
Congratulations!

Curious, why Warren, and were you married by a judge, and if so which one.

mnkywrch
02-14-03, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ed_Severson
In all seriousness, congratulations. I'm not married (yet), but am recently engaged. I even managed to do it on my birthday, to minimize any chance of getting yelled at because I forgot our engagement date. :D

Engagement date? Not sure even my wife recalls that.

But woe to me if I ever forget our anniversary. :eek:

BTW: I was also 8 on 2/14/1986.

RacinM3
02-14-03, 02:54 PM
It's a smart man who's able to knock out the Valentine's Day gift AND the anniversary gift in the same day!!

:thumbup:

Foxman
02-14-03, 03:03 PM
Congrats Doc!

DjDrOmusic
02-14-03, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Congratulations!

Curious, why Warren, and were you married by a judge, and if so which one.

We decided to just go ahead and get married, but we knew her parents would have a fit withour the big church deal, so we only told my parents that we were getting married that day. It was also impossible for me to do anything in or around Ashtabula County without everyone knowing about it(I was a local radio celeb at the time)so my Aunt who lived in Warren offered to let my wife borrow her address for the day. Yes it was a judge but I don't recall which one. We have since had our marriage renewed in the church, but after all these years I would still do it the same way. And by the way Ed, we got engaged on August 15, in Pittsburgh, Pa.;)

Napoleon
02-14-03, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
Yes it was a judge but I don't recall which one.

Too bad. I assume it was a Warren Muni judge, one of which, at that time, was Lynne Griffith, Jr., someone I use to work for and who knew my Dad from college.