PDA

View Full Version : Great job!! (Spoilers)

Rogue Leader
08-08-04, 05:07 PM
Tags finally gets his first win! Great driving, good strategy, and a good bit of luck all worked out for him. Im very happy for him and his team!

That penalty for PT was quite a BS call for him, I hope champ car straightens things out instead of making calls like that that are ruining the guy's season.

nz_climber
08-08-04, 06:01 PM
thats cool... now since I don't have a clue what happened in the race I can use the starting line up and the final results and just imagine what happend!

thanks champcar :thumdown: :(

jcollins28
08-08-04, 06:04 PM
Tags finally gets his first win! Great driving, good strategy, and a good bit of luck all worked out for him. Im very happy for him and his team!

That penalty for PT was quite a BS call for him, I hope champ car straightens things out instead of making calls like that that are ruining the guy's season.

Jesus! Hey man that is cool that you are excited about this but remember the folks out here on the west coast. Make a "SPOILER" thread and post this in there next time so you do not ruin it for us left coasters. :(

Insomniac
08-08-04, 06:26 PM
I know people have said this before includiong me, but why do you visit a Champ Car related site if you don't want to have the race spoiled? Doesn't it seem logical that someone might spoil it on a Champ Car forum? :confused:

jcollins28
08-08-04, 06:30 PM
I know people have said this before includiong me, but why do you visit a Champ Car related site if you don't want to have the race spoiled? Doesn't it seem logical that someone might spoil it on a Champ Car forum? :confused:

Look I visit other forums for CHAMP CAR and do not have this problem. Also there was some threads in this forum that i have been reading that was not talking about todays race.

Rogue Leader
08-08-04, 06:35 PM
Very sorry guys. I watched it on race director actually ( I have my computer hooked to my TV and surround sound) because I'm tired of seeing commercials every 3 minutes on Spike.

I personally completely avoid the forums unless I'm watching the race live for this reason, but I should have been more thoughtful. Sorry for spoiling again!

Insomniac
08-08-04, 06:53 PM
Look I visit other forums for CHAMP CAR and do not have this problem. Also there was some threads in this forum that i have been reading that was not talking about todays race.

I don't know. I just don't see how anyone can complain about this. People do make mistakes. You expect 682 members to remember/know not to post spoilers. That's unreasonable from my point of view. You can't control everyone. If you really didn't want the race spoiled you wouldn't visit ANY Champ Car forums.

RaceGrrl
08-08-04, 07:08 PM
jcollins has a point. I avoid the forums if I don't want to see results, but it's pretty well known that it's common courtesy to title a topic with "Spoiler" for those who may not yet have seen the race.

Of course, there ARE two Alex's in Champ Car. He could have meant Sperafico! :laugh:

nrc
08-08-04, 07:11 PM
thats cool... now since I don't have a clue what happened in the race I can use the starting line up and the final results and just imagine what happend!

thanks champcar :thumdown: :(

No, you can't imagine. :)

Rogue Leader
08-08-04, 07:12 PM
Thanks for fixing my title!

PS If Spearyoufico won I dont think anyone would be posting Great Job... more like a collective groan.... :D

Sean O'Gorman
08-08-04, 08:31 PM
I think the best way to sum up today's race is that it was the absolute best of Champ Car racing and the absolute worst of Champ Car racing all rolled up into one race. Certainly was entertaining! :thumbup:

Fitti Fan
08-08-04, 08:37 PM
Just a quick note, I don't think RL was puposefully letting info. out. I know that sometimes one can forget that not everyone has been able to see the race yet--especially with the broadcasting so strange (is it live or memorex?).

So, it's been fixed. Hopefully we can all remember for the future, but I really don't believe it was intentional.

Ruben Barrios
08-08-04, 08:39 PM
Time to turn the page

Rogue Leader
08-08-04, 09:28 PM
Just a quick note, I don't think RL was puposefully letting info. out. I know that sometimes one can forget that not everyone has been able to see the race yet--especially with the broadcasting so strange (is it live or memorex?).

So, it's been fixed. Hopefully we can all remember for the future, but I really don't believe it was intentional.

Thanks I appreciate that... I was just overjoyed by Tags victory since hes my favorite driver and someone who I got a brief chance to know, and who has been very helpful to me in starting my own racing career.

Shadow
08-08-04, 10:02 PM
Anyone who visits forums when they don't know the results and will be seeing a delayed telecast (like I did on TSN just now) should know better than to think they might not see something they don't want to see. They sure haven't been around very long.

I stayed COMPLETELY away from forums today for that reason.

skaven
08-08-04, 10:16 PM
I stayed COMPLETELY away from forums today for that reason.

Exactly. I came back from a stout hike in the mountains and came DIRECTLY to here - to learn more about the results and read impressions from folks who saw the race. Also interested to hear from the contingent that went to the race. :)

JAM26
08-08-04, 10:22 PM
If you visit a Champcar forum on race day then you deserve to have the race result spoiled, IMO.
I avoid the Internet entirely on race day until I've watched the race.
That was a thoroughly entertaining race. Early this year I found my interest in Champcars waning a bit....but the last few races have fully restored my enthusiasm in this series. It has re-established itself as the most entertaining form of motor racing in the world...hopefully they can keep the momentum going. :thumbup:

RTKar
08-08-04, 10:41 PM
I forgot to set the VCR which I usually have set for every race I attend to pick up things I missed on other parts of the course.That said, I obviously didn't see the broadcast. I did though, listen in on the scanner, primarily PT...what a riot. The F bomb was flying. He was not convinced the team was giving him the best strategy. During one of the yellows the dialogue went back and forth, Paul wanting a reason why they were doing what they were doing and was it the best thing to do. They patiently stated their case but didn't want to explain too much over the radio. PT later made the comment, something to the affect, "You guys don't know what the Ef'ing strategy should be...I'm going to end up ef'ing 7th" The crew stated something like, "Work with the cards your dealt, we see you coming in 5th."

It was an interesting and fun race to watch. I'm still confused why there's a need to go full course yellow at an expansive track like RA. It almost ruined the flow of the race and certainly affected the pit/fuel strategies that were at play. It allowed Bourdais back into the race.

Poor Vasser, another race with potential for a good run. Opportunity lost.... Then on the scanner PT blames him for getting run over, "Jimmy just ran over me." Then PT later using the chrome horn.

Turn 5 was a great place to be today, top row in the stands outside the turn. Gotta love no traction control....

Sean O'Gorman
08-08-04, 10:46 PM
I forgot to set the VCR which I usually have set for every race I attend to pick up things I missed on other parts of the course.That said, I obviously didn't see the broadcast. I did though, listen in on the scanner, primarily PT...what a riot. The F bomb was flying. He was not convinced the team was giving him the best strategy. During one of the yellows the dialogue went back and forth, Paul wanting a reason why they were doing what they were doing and was it the best thing to do. They patiently stated their case but didn't want to explain too much over the radio. PT later made the comment, something to the affect, "You guys don't know what the Ef'ing strategy should be...I'm going to end up ef'ing 7th" The crew stated something like, "Work with the cards your dealt, we see you coming in 5th."

It was an interesting and fun race to watch. I'm still confused why there's a need to go full course yellow at an expansive track like RA. It almost ruined the flow of the race and certainly affected the pit/fuel strategies that were at play. It allowed Bourdais back into the race.

Poor Vasser, another race with potential for a good run. Opportunity lost.... Then on the scanner PT blames him for getting run over, "Jimmy just ran over me." Then PT later using the chrome horn.

Turn 5 was a great place to be today, top row in the stands outside the turn. Gotta love no traction control....

If the bit that Spike TV aired was any indication, Bruno's frequency would've been the most entertaining one by car. Every time you think he can't take his whining to new heights, he raises the bar even higher!!!

:cry:

nrc
08-08-04, 10:52 PM
Every time you think he can't take his whining to new heights, he raises the bar even higher!!!

That's not fair!

Poor junky. Everyone's whipping boy. In those closing laps after Tracy pulled out of the pits in front of him I saw their PTP lights come on and thought, "Uh oh, testosterone alert, this is going to get ugly." :)

Rogue Leader
08-08-04, 10:57 PM
Anyone hear bruno's engineer "If youd like we can pack the trailer so you can come in now and go home".

and PT "Im gonna come in now" enginer "no, youre going to stay out youre in the lead, when youre in the lead you build a gap on the second place driver, thats what leaders do".

:rofl:

Audi_A4
08-08-04, 11:11 PM
Jesus! Hey man that is cool that you are excited about this but remember the folks out here on the west coast. Make a "SPOILER" thread and post this in there next time so you do not ruin it for us left coasters. :(

I think that people who dont want the race spoiled should stay away from a champcar forum or site until the race has been aired. The world does not revolve around the usa and the television schedules . It's your fault not the posters ... IMHO

G.
08-09-04, 01:55 PM
OK, so I take a newbie to RA this Sunday. My six year old has been there 3 years now, but my older bro has never seen a champ car race in person. Damn NASCAR fan. :flame: Actually, he did go to Indy in the snakepit years, but he slept through the race. :laugh:

So we're walking through the pits, but it's getting to be time for the race. I convince him that we need to head for the woods near T5. He's a bit reluctant, but hey, I bought him the damn ticket!

Assume the woodsy position. Warm up lap. He says that the cars look pretty cool, nice paintjobs, etc. Earplugs inserted into 6 yr old's ears using the Wrath of Khan method ;) .

Green , green, green! Hear the cars buzzing around T1 (his comment was that they sounded like disturbed bees. I had to caution him about comparing Champ cars to farting bees - didn't want to get strung up at RA!).

Eighteen screaming Champcars go flying by! I look over, see saucer eyes, and him saying something that sounded like he was praying to excrement.

Absolutely priceless!

Next year, campground, not just Sunday. Hear that Mr. RA? NEXT YEAR!

RTKar
08-09-04, 03:57 PM
"Assume the woodsy position. Warm up lap. He says that the cars look pretty cool, nice paintjobs, etc. Earplugs inserted into 6 yr old's ears using the Wrath of Khan method .

Green , green, green! Hear the cars buzzing around T1 (his comment was that they sounded like disturbed bees. I had to caution him about comparing Champ cars to farting bees - didn't want to get strung up at RA!).

Eighteen screaming Champcars go flying by! I look over, see saucer eyes, and him saying something that sounded like he was praying to excrement.

Absolutely priceless!"

The woods heading into 5 at Ra would be the first place I would bring anyone that I wanted to impress with what Champcar is. If you don't "get it" there, you never will.

The other place was along the fence at MIS...gone but not forgotten. :thumdown:

Race cars made to go 200mph...need to go 200mph sometimes.

PopOffValve
08-09-04, 04:27 PM

*drool*

I want to see this so badly. Long Beach was amazing with the turbocharged engine sounds bouncing off the high rises, but this, this must be something else...

jcollins28
08-09-04, 06:06 PM
Hey look I'm not trying to whine like Junky here or anythinga nd I'm not upset with the original poster. Just saying how hard would it be to title a thread "SPOILER" and then post what ever you want inside the thread. This is done on almost every board I visit and it is a very polite thing to do IMHO.

RHR_Fan
08-09-04, 07:59 PM
And how about Ryan moving up from the back up to 4th?! He almost had third!

~Nicole

PS--> Cam, don't tell me to shut up about Ryan and my #12 :p

KLang
08-10-04, 09:37 AM
That's not fair!

"If youd like we can pack the trailer so you can come in now and go home".

:laugh: Heard both of these on the scanner as well. I haven't had a chance to watch my recording yet, what was Bruno complaining about not being fair?

Andrew Longman
08-10-04, 12:38 PM
The woods heading into 5 at Ra would be the first place I would bring anyone that I wanted to impress with what Champcar is. If you don't "get it" there, you never will.

The other place was along the fence at MIS...gone but not forgotten. :thumdown:

Race cars made to go 200mph...need to go 200mph sometimes.

During my first and only other trip to RA 2 years ago I somehow never made it to the woods. I was up there a lot this weekend though. My 11 year old was there the entire race and I radioed him updates from the stands in T5 (there are no speakers there. That's the only shortcoming).

Breathtaking is all I can say. Especially just as they enter the braking zone. Not only do these cars need to be seen at 200+mph, but they need to be seen slowing from that speed; gears, turbo and waste gate popping, the driver struggling with the forces, trying to hit his marks and keep speed through the turn.

I can't even imagine being in those cars at that point.

Sean O'Gorman
08-10-04, 01:11 PM
:laugh: Heard both of these on the scanner as well. I haven't had a chance to watch my recording yet, what was Bruno complaining about not being fair?

That Bourdais didn't just pull over and hand him the position, apparently. :rolleyes:

tllips
08-10-04, 01:57 PM
During my first and only other trip to RA 2 years ago I somehow never made it to the woods. I was up there a lot this weekend though. My 11 year old was there the entire race and I radioed him updates from the stands in T5 (there are no speakers there. That's the only shortcoming).

Breathtaking is all I can say. Especially just as they enter the braking zone. Not only do these cars need to be seen at 200+mph, but they need to be seen slowing from that speed; gears, turbo and waste gate popping, the driver struggling with the forces, trying to hit his marks and keep speed through the turn.

Did your 11 year old have a yellow 2-way radio? If so, he was standing right by me. Every time he radioed to you, I heard his half of the conversation in my scanner no matter what channel I was tuned on the scanner. At first, I thought it was just on Tag's channel, but later I was picking him up on Jeemmy's channel. Seemed like a nice kid! :D

Andrew Longman
08-10-04, 03:47 PM
Did your 11 year old have a yellow 2-way radio? If so, he was standing right by me. Every time he radioed to you, I heard his half of the conversation in my scanner no matter what channel I was tuned on the scanner. At first, I thought it was just on Tag's channel, but later I was picking him up on Jeemmy's channel. Seemed like a nice kid! :D

If he had a Tracy hat on (picked up in Cleveland) that was probably him.

The "thrill" of the cars at that point in the track was a bit much for his little brother so we stayed a bit further back in the T5 bleachers.

And yeah, he is a nice kid. And my best buddy :)

Sorry to blast your scanner

RTKar
08-10-04, 07:24 PM

Sounds like a number of us were their, wish we could have met up... :)

I was all over that place like usual and ran into a number of folks I know spending some quality time chatting & watching cars. Let's keep out fingers crossed for next year.