PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas....'05

SurfaceUnits
08-05-04, 01:13 AM
CHAMP CARS AT LVMS: Powell said that he expects the Champ Car World Series to return to LVMS next season -- again as part of a doubleheader with the Truck Series.

"I think everyone involved is favorably looking at running the same dual events in 2005," Powell said of Champ Car and NASCAR. "I can't speak for Champ Car, but I think this is going to be a very successful event for everybody involved and I think our schedule in 2005 will be very similar to what we have this year."

Sean O'Gorman
08-05-04, 01:25 AM
I hope so.

Look at the big picture Champ Car, an oval is going to reach so many more fans than a Vegas parking lot/street course will!

manic mechanic
08-05-04, 01:27 AM
CHAMP CARS AT LVMS: Powell said that he expects the Champ Car World Series to return to LVMS next season -- again as part of a doubleheader with the Truck Series.

"I think everyone involved is favorably looking at running the same dual events in 2005," Powell said of Champ Car and NASCAR. "I can't speak for Champ Car, but I think this is going to be a very successful event for everybody involved and I think our schedule in 2005 will be very similar to what we have this year."

Care to give a FULL name on this guy? I will withhold commentary until I know who it is who made the statement.

What it all boils down to is: We need 60k at this year's Champcar race for an '05 date at LVMS to be a possibility.

If the crowd isn't profitable to SMI, the Vegas date for '05 will probably be a street race towards the South end of The Strip.

Just an opinion from someone who has a few "friends" on the inside.. :D

manic

SurfaceUnits
08-05-04, 01:33 AM
LVMS general manager Chris Powell

manic mechanic
08-05-04, 01:45 AM
LVMS general manager Chris Powell

Time will tell how serious this statement is.

If the crowd is good (and we spend some $$$), SMI may want to make the event an annual deal.

Personally, I would like nothing more, :thumbup: except having Fontana back on the schedule :D .

manic

FRANKY
08-05-04, 02:36 PM
Care to give a FULL name on this guy? I will withhold commentary until I know who it is who made the statement.

What it all boils down to is: We need 60k at this year's Champcar race for an '05 date at LVMS to be a possibility.

If the crowd isn't profitable to SMI, the Vegas date for '05 will probably be a street race towards the South end of The Strip.

Just an opinion from someone who has a few "friends" on the inside.. :D

manic

We don't need 60K when we are the second show on the ticket, even then if we were a different night 25,000 would do it. No different than Milwaukee.

audi quattro
08-05-04, 11:04 PM
I think it'll be more interesting to see how the crowd changes between races.
IE, does it go up or down after the truck race.