02-13-03, 03:07 PM
Anyone see any flying pigs?

(Robby Gordon just won a Twin 125.)

;) :D

pchall
02-13-03, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Anyone see any flying pigs?

That will happen when AJ's car wins the second event.

mnkywrch
02-13-03, 03:19 PM
Naw, IIRC, they already blew their only pit stop, putting Larry in serious jeopardy of missing the Daytona 500.

Some things just don't change...

Flying pigs would be if Christian won the second race. :laugh:

Ziggy
02-13-03, 04:54 PM
I never had a problem with Robby Gordon while on the track. He is a standout American Talent (or was at one time) He just needed and operation to sever his vocal chords.

Robbie has talent. He can carry a car, and drive it darn quick. Its getting into the clique of NASCAR that has been a struggle for him. I think He might finally be there, and win a bit more this season.

Ziggy

pchall
02-13-03, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Naw, IIRC, they already blew their only pit stop, putting Larry in serious jeopardy of missing the Daytona 500.

They were in the first event? Oh, well. FatJoy gets what he deserves.

JoeBob
02-13-03, 05:03 PM
Here's the starting lineup: http://www.nascar.com/races/wc/2003/1/data/lineup.html

Larry Foyt earns a DNQ.

Wheel-Nut
02-13-03, 05:37 PM
Harrah's and Hooters are out. What a waste of good sponsorship monies. I wonder if they have to pay the same even if they don't run in the big show?

mnkywrch
02-13-03, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
Harrah's and Hooters are out. What a waste of good sponsorship monies. I wonder if they have to pay the same even if they don't run in the big show?

No, but speaking of wastes, Todd Bodine made the 500, along with Jack "After Tuesday, everyone knows why Rick Hendrick must have passed me over all those years" Sprague, Mike "I can't win" Skinner, and Terry "Two more years at the back and I get a gold watch!" Labonte.

Wheel-Nut
02-13-03, 05:58 PM
Spague and Skinner were good drivers in the truck series but have not done much to raise an eyebrow in the cup cars. When you get a young guy like Ryan Newman or Jamie McMurray driving circles around you makes you think, is it the equipment or could it be . . .

Terry Labonte, fan favorite? Eats lots of Kellogg's cereal? Who knows why he still has solid funding.

Ziggy
02-13-03, 06:06 PM
Two time NASCAR champ, your milage may vary

Ziggy

Wheel-Nut
02-13-03, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Two time NASCAR champ, your milage may vary

Ziggy

I guess in this "what have you done for me lately world" we seem to forget about those type of things.

DaveL
02-13-03, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
Here's the starting lineup: http://www.nascar.com/races/wc/2003/1/data/lineup.html

Larry Foyt earns a DNQ.

And the Larry Foyt Era begins.

If AJ isn't at the head of the class in terms the worst all around regular WC team this year, it doesn't take long to take the roll call if you get my drift.

Don Quixote
02-13-03, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
And the Larry Foyt Era begins.

If AJ isn't at the head of the class in terms the worst all around regular WC team this year, it doesn't take long to take the roll call if you get my drift.
Its hard to get the car set up right when there ain't no laptops left running.

Cam
02-13-03, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Don Quixote
Its hard to get the car set up right when there ain't no laptops left running.

Helps if you put enough fuel in the tintop too!!!! At least that was the excuse. :saywhat:

mnkywrch
02-13-03, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
I guess in this "what have you done for me lately world" we seem to forget about those type of things.

I know about 'em, but geez louise, what's the guy done since 1996?

Darrell Waltrip used to be great but it doesn't hide the fact he hung on too long too.

nrc
02-13-03, 09:50 PM
Maybe someone painted the underside of the car again. :)

Hink
02-13-03, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by nrc
Maybe someone painted the underside of the car again. :) LOL - I forgot about that!