PDA

View Full Version : Wife Swapping On Fox

Jag_Warrior
08-03-04, 09:05 PM
As much as I criticize network TV, this is pretty funny stuff. Big Boy, who wound up with Blondie MILF, seems to be going with the flow (can't imagine why... ;) ). But I'm looking for Cali Kewl Dude to be arrested for domestic violence within the next couple of episodes. But since Mimi Moo would take him in three rounds, he should beat the wrap.

Trading Spouses (http://www.fox.com/tradingspouses/)

I watched it once. But I think I'd still like some info on what it would take for me to become Canadian.

Methanolandbrats
08-03-04, 09:12 PM
Both those whores have a lot of miles on them.

Jag_Warrior
08-03-04, 09:58 PM
:laugh:

Oh, I agree. But one's a mid-70's Corvette: I wouldn't buy one, but I'd take it for a "spin" or three. The other is an AMC Pacer: wouldn't ride in one and don't park it in front of my house!

Who thinks of this cr@p... and gets PAID for it?!

nrc
08-03-04, 11:06 PM
Man, I hope the chick you're calling a "MILF" isn't the broad I saw on the previews. :saywhat:

Looked at the link - it's not. :gomer:

Warlock!
08-04-04, 07:39 AM
Both those whores have a lot of miles on them.
*ears perking up*

Whores?!?

Warlock!

Tall1
08-04-04, 08:41 AM
Don't think I'd want to get too involved with Lisa, she reminds me of Tony S's sister, Janice. Rode hard & put away wet? Heck, I like to do business with old established firms.

oddlycalm
08-04-04, 05:47 PM
Who thinks of this cr@p... and gets PAID for it?!

You can thank Rupert Murdoch who pays the salary of the brain trust that comes up with this stuff. If there are two people that I find seriously frightening, it's Murdoch and his spawn. Thanks to media consolidation we can rest assured of an endless supply of dreck.

oc

nrc
08-04-04, 07:37 PM
Thanks to media consolidation we can rest assured of an endless supply of dreck.

It's the fact that people watch it that guarantees an endless supply of dreck. Murdoch and his fellow boogie men would be providing a steady stream of Shakespearean drama if that's what was putting people in front of TVs.

Jag_Warrior
08-04-04, 10:32 PM
Don't think I'd want to get too involved with Lisa, she reminds me of Tony S's sister, Janice. Rode hard & put away wet? Heck, I like to do business with old established firms.

OK, I finally have a mental picture for you. The big one was Lisa, right? OK... Tiny is bigger than Lisa, just not as tall. Hubbie bought her a couple of new tank tops this summer too. Hmm yeah, be still my heart! :saywhat:

Jag_Warrior
08-04-04, 10:41 PM
Man, I hope the chick you're calling a "MILF" isn't the broad I saw on the previews. :saywhat:

Looked at the link - it's not. :gomer:

What? You doubt my (poor) taste in women?! :laugh:

Other than SciFi channel and Spike on weekends, I just can't deal with network TV anymore. I'd really never heard of this show.

The SoCal high maintenance blonde just reminds me of what I see at conventions: very cute, but you know the Mr. must have lots of hobbies.

Lizzerd
08-05-04, 12:58 AM
When I was married, my wife swapped husbands. I never met him or his wife, though. True story.

Chaos
08-05-04, 09:00 AM
actually, the trading spouses concept was a spoof on Dave Chappelle's show in his first season.

oddlycalm
08-06-04, 12:07 AM
It's the fact that people watch it that guarantees an endless supply of dreck. Murdoch and his fellow boogie men would be providing a steady stream of Shakespearean drama if that's what was putting people in front of TVs.

Of course. History demonstrates beyond any doubt that if we had gladiators, crucifications and ceremonies with human sacrifice there would be people lined up for miles to get in. Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the public, and playing to it for fortune and political influence is nothing new. That said, I probably watched half a season of Fear Factor... :gomer: I found it kinda like the final scene in Magic Christian where they pump raw sewage into a fountain, blow in a bunch of money and the people are pawing at one another to be the first to dive right in after it.

oc

anait
08-06-04, 12:32 PM
I found it kinda like the final scene in Magic Christian where they pump raw sewage into a fountain, blow in a bunch of money and the people are pawing at one another to be the first to dive right in after it.

oc

K, now, is it personality, education or upbringing that would allow one person to do that, and another person to never in a million years do that??!! Or do other things talked about in this thread... :eek: :rofl:

I asked hubby the 'Indecent Proposal' question again a while ago - not that it would ever happen, but it's interesting to postulate - and even if we were offered a million smackeroonies, neither of us can imagine trading spouses. So we certainly wouldn't do it for a spot on a TV show!! :laugh:

eiregosod
08-09-04, 12:47 PM
Of course. History demonstrates beyond any doubt that if we had gladiators, crucifications and ceremonies with human sacrifice there would be people lined up for miles to get in. Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the public, and playing to it for fortune and political influence is nothing new. That said, I probably watched half a season of Fear Factor... :gomer: I found it kinda like the final scene in Magic Christian where they pump raw sewage into a fountain, blow in a bunch of money and the people are pawing at one another to be the first to dive right in after it.

oc

last night I declined watching Fear Factor in favour of the radio! :D

as for Fox/Murdoch entertainment, I know in the UK, with his grip over soccer they've built up their own 'lifestyles' even their own 10 word vocabulary , Tabloid standards everywhere, I think they have a lot of influence over people than they're given credit for ;)

I'll admit that I didnt excel in English in school, however a decade on and I desire to obtain a strong command of the language