PDA

View Full Version : My BIG OOOOOPS

DjDrOmusic
08-02-04, 08:26 PM
I was performing at the All American Soapbox Derby in Akron Friday evening, and was doing the usual sponsor announcements, when I was told to ad-lib about the Toyota Motorsports display. The display included a NASCAR Truck and one of Ganasty's C-Wagons. So of course I made the mental slip of calling the car what it is. After that though a man came up, wearing a 1983 Nigel Mansell/Mario Andretti T-Shirt, and a boy asked if that was Mario or Michael pictured on the shirt, to which I replied, over the mic, "It's Mario, and just so you know, you can tell the difference between them by the fact that Mario makes wine and Mikey just does!" ;)

lone_groover
08-02-04, 08:45 PM
Never been. But I hear that Ohio is ChampCar country.

:thumbup:

DjDrOmusic
08-02-04, 09:18 PM
Never been. But I hear that Ohio is ChampCar country.

:thumbup:

As long as I'm living in Ohio, I will fight to keep it that way! :thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
08-02-04, 09:46 PM
The display included a NASCAR Truck and one of Ganasty's C-Wagons. So of course I made the mental slip of calling the car what it is.

A *****box?

Lizzerd
08-02-04, 10:19 PM
I was performing at the All American Soapbox Derby in Akron Friday evening, and was doing the usual sponsor announcements, when I was told to ad-lib about the Toyota Motorsports display. The display included a NASCAR Truck and one of Ganasty's C-Wagons. So of course I made the mental slip of calling the car what it is. After that though a man came up, wearing a 1983 Nigel Mansell/Mario Andretti T-Shirt, and a boy asked if that was Mario or Michael pictured on the shirt, to which I replied, over the mic, "It's Mario, and just so you know, you can tell the difference between them by the fact that Mario makes wine and Mikey just does!" ;)

So, what am I missing here? Where's the oops?

dando
08-02-04, 10:31 PM
So, what am I missing here? Where's the oops?
Well, I think it's the DJ's reference to an '83 Mario/Mansell t-shirt rather than a '93 t-shirt. ;) Otherwise, it's all good. :thumbup:

re: Ohio being CCWS country....t'was true once, but the gosh darn local rag here in Cbus insists on following the EARL now that Rahole switched sides. :(

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
08-03-04, 12:44 AM
Well, I think it's the DJ's reference to an '83 Mario/Mansell t-shirt rather than a '93 t-shirt. ;) Otherwise, it's all good. :thumbup:

re: Ohio being CCWS country....t'was true once, but the gosh darn local rag here in Cbus insists on following the EARL now that Rahole switched sides. :(

-Kevin

Certainly not the case in Cleveland! :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
08-03-04, 10:17 AM
The "oops" is that he called it a Crapwagon. At least I think that's what he's saying.

Lizzerd
08-03-04, 10:36 AM
That's what I mean... Where's the oops?

DjDrOmusic
08-04-04, 10:16 PM
The OOOPS was calling a sponsors car, a piece of $#!+, in so many words! And yes I meant 93 not 83, but if you've had the summer I've been having, you'd understand! :cool:

Lizzerd
08-04-04, 10:20 PM
The OOOPS was calling a sponsors car, a piece of $#!+, in so many words!

I knew that's what you meant, Doc. I was just funnin' with ya. :D

Robstar
08-04-04, 10:29 PM
Was there a little oops in "Mikey just does" ? :)

DjDrOmusic
08-04-04, 10:35 PM
I knew that's what you meant, Doc. I was just funnin' with ya. :D

I Know, by the way, can I move into the van down by the river with you?? :rofl: