08-02-04, 02:10 PM
http://lcn.canoe.com/lcn/sports/nouvelles/archives/2004/08/20040802-104226.html

Anyone speak French? :gomer:

RaceGrrl
08-02-04, 02:17 PM
http://lcn.canoe.com/lcn/sports/nouvelles/archives/2004/08/20040802-104226.html

Anyone speak French? :gomer:

Babelfish does:

Patrick Carpentier to offer his services to l'équipe of its choice Patrick Carpentier is now a free pilot and can offer his services to l'équipe of his choice. A clause of its contract with l'écurie Forsythe lays down qu'à to count on August 1, it can negotiate with which it wishes. It is not very probable qu'il returns to Forsythe after will l'affront of Vancouver last week. One had then ordered to him to work for his fellow-member Paul Tracy, which displeased to the pilot of Joliette. Like it n'y does not have much d'écuries of point in Field Bus, Carpentier thinks of offering its services to the teams d'autres series of motor race.

RaceChic
08-02-04, 02:19 PM
Patrick Carpentier is now a free pilot and can offer his services to l'équipe of his choice. A clause of its contract with l'écurie Forsythe lays down qu'à to count on August 1, it can negotiate with which it wishes. It is not very probable qu'il returns to Forsythe after will l'affront of Vancouver last week. One had then ordered to him to work for his fellow-member Paul Tracy, which displeased to the pilot of Joliette. Like it n'y does not have much d'écuries of point in Field Bus, Carpentier thinks of offering its services to the teams d'autres series of motor race.

Babel Fish.

You get the gist, though.... ;)

What other series???? :saywhat:

RaceChic
08-02-04, 02:22 PM
Ha ha, Race Grrl. :rofl:

Patrick Carpentier is now a free pilot and can offer his services to
the team of his choice. A clause of its contract with the Forsythe
stable provides that as from August 1, it can negotiate with which it
wishes.

It is not very probable that it returns to Forsythe after the affront
of Vancouver last week. One had then ordered to him to work for his
fellow-member Paul Tracy, which displeased to the pilot of Joliette.

Like there are not many stables of point in Field Bus, Carpentier
thinks of offering its services to the teams of other series of motor
race.

That's from Systran. :)

KLang
08-02-04, 02:30 PM
One had then ordered to him to work for his
fellow-member Paul Tracy, which displeased to the pilot of Joliette

:confused: PC went out on lap 21, wonder what this is about. :confused:

PC has always seemed like a nice enough guy, but he hasn't posted enough good results.

cart7
08-02-04, 02:32 PM
Doesn't Forsythe do this to him right about this time of year every year? It's usually good for a win and a couple other podiums. ;)

Michaelhatesfans
08-02-04, 02:47 PM
Doesn't Forsythe do this to him right about this time of year every year? It's usually good for a win and a couple other podiums. ;)
:laugh: I was thinking along the same lines.

Anyway, we know Patrick won't get an IRL seat. Between the road racing background and not being an American, what IRL team would ever look at him? I mean, you'll see engine leases in the IRL before you see them looking at road racers with non-American passports.

RaceGrrl
08-02-04, 02:54 PM
I think the IRL might look at him if they think it would draw the attention of Canadians to have a Canadian in their league.

nrc
08-02-04, 03:08 PM
I think the IRL might look at him if they think it would draw the attention of Canadians to have a Canadian in their league.
Cue Montreal to IRL rumors. :laugh:

Spicoli
08-02-04, 04:19 PM
Carp wins RA - Retains Seat with FCR!

:youhearditherefirst:

Ziggy
08-02-04, 04:36 PM
The IRL wants a Canadian driver very bad

No joke (Marty Roth included)

theunions
08-02-04, 06:04 PM
Anyway, we know Patrick won't get an IRL seat. Between the road racing background and not being an American, what IRL team would ever look at him? I mean, you'll see engine leases in the IRL before you see them looking at road racers with non-American passports.

He supposedly came pretty close to landing a ride with Team Extreme circa 2001 during one of the many periods Forsythe was leaving him dangling.

pkvracing12
08-03-04, 12:56 AM
Carp wins RA - Retains Seat with FCR!

:youhearditherefirst:
yup happend in MIS 2001 Cleveland 2002 mid ohio 2002 so its time for a win and grip on his contract!

Formula 409
08-04-04, 12:45 AM
Not a rumor. Carp says he'll probably be gone in '06.

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=93518

Carpentier likely to leave Forsythe

Canadian Press
8/3/2004

MONTREAL (CP)*- Veteran Champ Car driver Patrick Carpentier said Tuesday he won't accept second-fiddle status on the Forsythe Racing team and will likely seek another ride next season.

The 32-year-old native of Joliette, Que., told a news conference he has had a difficult time racing in the shadow of featured driver Paul Tracy of Toronto.

Carpentier is in the final year of a two-year contract with Forsythe and was allowed to speak with other teams as of last Sunday.

"I don't think I'll return to Forsythe next year,'' Carpentier told reporters at a news conference to promote the Aug. 29 Montreal Molson Indy.

"A change would definitely be beneficial for him (team owner Gerald Forsythe) as well as myself.

"I won't rule out a return, but it would really surprise me.''

KobySon
08-04-04, 11:46 AM
Not a rumor. Carp says he'll probably be gone in '06.

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=93518

Carpentier likely to leave Forsythe

Canadian Press
8/3/2004

MONTREAL (CP)*- Veteran Champ Car driver Patrick Carpentier said Tuesday he won't accept second-fiddle status on the Forsythe Racing team and will likely seek another ride next season.

The 32-year-old native of Joliette, Que., told a news conference he has had a difficult time racing in the shadow of featured driver Paul Tracy of Toronto.

Carpentier is in the final year of a two-year contract with Forsythe and was allowed to speak with other teams as of last Sunday.

"I don't think I'll return to Forsythe next year,'' Carpentier told reporters at a news conference to promote the Aug. 29 Montreal Molson Indy.

"A change would definitely be beneficial for him (team owner Gerald Forsythe) as well as myself.

"I won't rule out a return, but it would really surprise me.''

I think you mean '05, right?