PDA

View Full Version : NTN trivia

Hardpoint
02-13-03, 02:53 PM
Does anyone on here play on regular basis? I spend a ridiculous amount of time playing this at a local BW3's and just wondered if anyone else does. If no, at least lie to me so I don't feel like the only dork on this board.

Napoleon
02-13-03, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by GoBucks
If no, at least lie to me so I don't feel like the only dork on this board.

OK, I will. I play it.

Seriously I use to play it often when I went to places like BW3 but haven't in several years. I have always been pretty good at trivia (ask nrc and Racegrl ;) ) and in college my trivia team beat something like 40 or more other teams to make it to the state championship. To do well at the game you are talking about I need to be paired with someone who knows some things like movies and fiction to do well.

mnkywrch
02-13-03, 03:18 PM
We don't pay to play it, but we play along.

I was on a state championship winning trivia team in high school (Brain Game, for you Indiana residents), but the only trivia questions I seemed to want to answer in college had to do with women and beer.

datachicane
02-13-03, 03:39 PM
Back in college, a buddy and I shut down the SU trivia night. Undefeated in 20+ games, didn't have to pay for a pizza in 6 months. Yeah, I'm a dork- just as long as I've got somebody else to cover the sports questions.

chop456
02-13-03, 03:43 PM
How many questions could you possibly come up with about bearings? :confused: ;)

RaceGrrl
02-13-03, 03:54 PM
nrc and I play the Jameson-sponsored pub quiz at Fado's Irish Pub (at Easton, Columbus) every Monday night. We go with a group of my co-workers, and in fact, pchall has even gone with us on one occasion.

The fun thing about it is that there are no hints, and no help. It's a sort of naked trivia. By that I mean that you know the answer or you don't. Either way, you're on your own and get no help or hints from the game itself.

Of course it's been fun for us too because we've been consistently winning the shot round, and last week won a free round of beer as well. :) Now if we could win the beer round, the shot round AND the overall, so that we didn't have to pay our tab, all would be peachy.

DjDrOmusic
02-13-03, 04:15 PM
I do a trivia contest every weekend at the one of the places I perform. It's amazing how the harder questions seem to be the ones everyone answers fairly quick, yet the ones that should be answered quick take them a loooooong time to get. For the record, I love playing trivia myself, I just don't get to very often! :(

devilmaster
02-13-03, 06:26 PM
Dork?!? :saywhat:

Well, guess I'll admit my dorkiness now. ;)

Players Plus member, with around 700000 points.

Been playing off and on for the better part of 12 years. We usually play mondays as it has SportsIQ. The canada lineup is a little different than the American one, so we have a good game called Raceworld Trivia on Thursday nights.

Steve

Cam
02-13-03, 08:53 PM
I am geek..... My NTN Info.

Last Played: 7/11/2002
Career Games: 275
Career Points: 354500
Home Location: Homeless! The bar went belly up. dammit!

I loved playing while it was around!

Oh well..
Cam.

WickerBill
02-13-03, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by chop456
How many questions could you possibly come up with about bearings? :confused: ;)

hahahaha

Sean O'Gorman
02-13-03, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
hahahaha

Don't laugh, you're just encouraging him. ;)

Anyway, the two or three times me and my friends have tried NTN trivia, we never got around to answering any questions because we were too busy trying to get dirty names up on the screen. You wouldn't believe the names that they won't let you enter!

Hardpoint
02-14-03, 09:26 AM
Anyway, the two or three times me and my friends have tried NTN trivia, we never got around to answering any questions because we were too busy trying to get dirty names up on the screen. You wouldn't believe the names that they won't let you enter! [/B][/QUOTE]

Just put spaces in between every letter. WOW, now my true dorkness is really showing. I know how to cheat at the dork olympics.

Sean O'Gorman
02-14-03, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by GoBucks
Just put spaces in between every letter. WOW, now my true dorkness is really showing. I know how to cheat at the dork olympics.

:rofl: I can't believe I tried putting "fluck" in as my user name (which was rejected!), but the thought of putting spaces in between the letters never came to my mind.

RTKar
02-14-03, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by chop456

Either I'm a racing geek for thinking of NTN Bearings too, when I read the topic, or a complete dork for not knowing what NTN trivia is.....:confused:

devilmaster
02-14-03, 07:44 PM
www.ntn.com (http://www.ntn.com) - US
www.ntnc.com (http://www.ntnc.com) - Canada

Basically what NTN is, is an networked bar/pub trivia game system. You have a keypad in front of you, and you watch a tv screen in the bar which is showing the trivia or sports game. Free to play, you compete against others in your bar and across the NTN network which pretty much includes bars in every state and province.

Most games are general trivia, and last about a half hour. Specialty games, which run during prime time hours, are themed and can last an hour.

The 'players plus' mentioned above, describes members who have signed up to get a personal acct, so that they can play for national prizes and keep 'plus point' totals.

There is a bar finder search engine in the links above to find where you can play locally. Its a fun way to kill a couple hours.

steve

chop456
02-14-03, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by RTKar
Either I'm a racing geek for thinking of NTN Bearings too, when I read the topic, or a complete dork for not knowing what NTN trivia is.....:confused:

Neither.

Or both. :D

What is NTN?
http://www.ntnnetwork.com/owner/what.html

I drove past NTN headquarters in Indy before they sponsored the Atlantics car and I thought it was a pretty impressive place just to house some stupid trivia game company. I'd never heard of the bearing company. As I remember, those strange looking buildings weren't always NTN. Indy folks? Help me out.