PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'm an idiot

Lizzerd
08-01-04, 09:51 PM
Link (http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/news/story.php?story_id=3305)

"Anybody that says the Indy Racing League is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book," Wheldon said. "I think that race was very, very fast. I think from a driver?s standpoint, it was intense. There was a lot of side-by-side (racing). Actually, there was a lot of racing three abreast.

Ruben Barrios
08-01-04, 09:55 PM
Well I'll be a horse's @rsse I guess!!

nz_climber
08-01-04, 09:57 PM
idiot here as well......

at least an idiot is not as bad as being a gomer :gomer:

Railbird
08-01-04, 09:58 PM
Ya know, when a thrill show ends up being an economy run I get a little confused.

I guess Kanaan does too.

Rogue Leader
08-01-04, 10:08 PM
Guess Schumacher has been wasting his time in F1... IRL is the Best championship!

Michaelhatesfans
08-01-04, 10:15 PM
The best championship in the world? Oh, absolutely. I mean, the way that those guys can memorize the layout of those courses, it's unbelievable. It's not just ovals, you know. Some of them are tri-ovals. Very tricky transition. And the way they can keep going with 50,000 pounds of downforce and more drag than the Hoover dam? Wow. How do they do it? And the reflection coming off of those grandstand seats - that must surely be a distraction. Coiled snakes, I say.

:gomer:

fourrunner
08-01-04, 10:17 PM
If it weren't for the IRL, Dan Wheldon would be unemployed, so I understand how he can completely turn to fabricating little Fairy Tales about his being in the best Series in the Whole World even though he's a mediocre Driver at best... In fact Sarah may be better even though she's pretty much old & used up at this point!

nrc
08-01-04, 10:22 PM
Yep, "idiot" for me, too. :laugh:

manic mechanic
08-01-04, 10:27 PM
Link (http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/news/story.php?story_id=3305)

Gee, is that why the last time I spoke with the guy that BEAT him today, he said that he'd rather be driving a Champ Car? :eek:

If Wheldon had half the weight of his 'nads in talent, he would be turning right on command. :rofl:

manic

RaceChic
08-01-04, 10:57 PM
Happy idiot reporting for duty, Sir Lizzerd. :rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
08-01-04, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the Idiot Club guys, I've been a member for over 21 years now. :rofl:

Winston Wolfe
08-01-04, 11:02 PM
And the reflection coming off of those grandstand seats - that must surely be a distraction.

:gomer:

:rofl:
A new OC classic.... LOL ~~~ !!!!!! :p

Thanks for the laugh MHF !!!!

FRANKY
08-01-04, 11:03 PM
If it weren't for the IRL, Dan Wheldon would be unemployed, so I understand how he can completely turn to fabricating little Fairy Tales about his being in the best Series in the Whole World even though he's a mediocre Driver at best... In fact Sarah may be better even though she's pretty much old & used up at this point!

I think you are half right, I don't think he's a mediocre driver at best.

Amanda B.'s Mom
08-01-04, 11:17 PM
I think Dan has been drinking way too much Kool-aid lately. Would also agree that he is more than a mediocre driver. I would say Dan is a victim of the Champ Car Ladder Series.

MHO

manic mechanic
08-01-04, 11:26 PM
I think Dan has been drinking way too much Kool-aid lately. Would also agree that he is more than a mediocre driver. I would say Dan is a victim of the Champ Car Ladder Series.

MHO

Much the same way as Tag, Carpentier, Greg Moore, Vasser, Tracy, *Dixon, *CastroNeves, *Kanaan, (*even though they are in the EARL now) are "victims of the Ladder Series'? ".

In the afforementioned cases, talent won out..That didn't happen with Wheldon. :cry:

Heck, even Geoff Boss got a ChampCar seat, and I wouldn't say HE is/was more talented than Wheldon... He just had more patience.

fourrunner
08-01-04, 11:40 PM
Dan Wheldon is probably just trying to appease his Fan Club ... the guy that said he'd look better if he cut all his hair off! :eek:

Dave99
08-01-04, 11:55 PM
Geeze, with those comments Wheldon will get his own standee someday. :thumbup:

BNica
08-01-04, 11:58 PM
Have mercy on me, I too am a moron. :gomer:

cart7
08-02-04, 05:13 AM
Sorry Dan. It was pretty much a dronefest till earl race control allowed that last lap or so to be run with actual debris on the track, then it got intense. :laugh:

JohnHKart
08-02-04, 07:44 AM
Oh well color me a new idiot....Have given it up after 8 years, other than selected races like Indy and Texas. Oh and I watched the last ten laps today because I was out of town staying at my friends, watching the last 90 laps of the cup race live and then caught the last of the IRL, because I had nothing else to do, and normally I'm asleep or just getting up then, but not taping their rubbish. I'm filled with utter disgust looking at those stupid crapwagons and all those traitors like Michael Andretti and Roger Penske. F YOU ALL!

John

Rogue Leader
08-02-04, 08:00 AM
Heck, even Geoff Boss got a ChampCar seat, and I wouldn't say HE is/was more talented than Wheldon... He just had more patience.

what ever happened to Geoff Boss??? I remember him from last year... obviously not very competitive.... hmmmm

JT265
08-02-04, 08:51 AM
Ya know, when a thrill show ends up being an economy run I get a little confused.

I guess Kanaan does too.

Indeed. Let's review the things I learned today.

1). Dan Wheldon is apparently okay, and I am an idiot.

2). Obviously, (referring to Kanose), they don't sell Midol in Brazil.

3). SeanO doesn't understand that like chocolate Goobers, idiots come in
many different shapes, sizes, and colors.

:D

Madmaxfan2
08-02-04, 08:52 AM
Okay Weldon, I dare to go to Paul Tracy's face and tell him his is an idiot for driving in Champ Car and that it is not top level. We here at Off Camber will take bets on how long your face will stay unmolested. At least us idiots here have fun! :laugh:

DaveL
08-02-04, 09:21 AM
That's a very effective way to reach out to fans of other series-call them "idiots" if they don't like the IRL.

IRL marketing at its best :thumbup:

Skater_36
08-02-04, 09:44 AM
That's a very effective way to reach out to fans of other series-call them "idiots" if they don't like the IRL.

The IRL and it's spokespeople can not be taken seriously. The broadcast people in the booth are fabricating story lines and attendance numbers. Jack Arute is just plain scary. Did his hair plugs puncture his brain?

The drivers and team owners feel the need to bash other series.

Overall it's a very disturbing group.

RaceGrrl
08-02-04, 09:47 AM
"Anybody that says the Indy Racing League is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book," Wheldon said.

Must be a pretty short book.

An idiot from the Idiot Racing League calling us idiots. That's brilliant. It's just more justification for despising you and your lameass league.

4wheeldrifter
08-02-04, 09:54 AM

He learned all he knows from ToeKnee George, one of the best marketeers in the world. :gomer:

Eagle104
08-02-04, 10:37 AM
gave a quick thought to sending him a note..but i don't even know which league team he drives for - really don't...and really don't even care.

JT265
08-02-04, 11:10 AM

Yep. And turn13's "Ship of Fools" that constantly bombard with mindless rhetoric such as "Hate Sites that are filled with adolescent children claiming to be race fans need to grow a brain" ad nauseum.

Great marketing there ToeKnee. :thumbup:

Sadly, I can't subscribe to the "IndyStyle" espoused by the cabal, and here's why.

I'm an idiot, subscribe to "scorched earth" tactics endorsed by "hate sites", and I'm a "hate-filled child claiming to be a race fan" that needs to "grow a brain", something it seems I'm incapable of doing. :gomer: :cry:

Andrew Longman
08-02-04, 12:08 PM
Dan can join a long line of folks who've called me an idiot.

I doubt it will change much

JLMannin
08-02-04, 12:48 PM
I have likely been an idiot since 1978, and I have definately been an idiot since 1994, and I am proud of it!

Don Quixote
08-02-04, 12:56 PM
Count me an idiot. :)

Chitowncartfreak
08-02-04, 01:09 PM
Why don't we all get shirts made? One of us can wear one with "Idiot" written on the front - the rest of us can wear ones that say "I'm with Idiot". Add a Champ Car logo and possibly an Off Camber logo, and we'll be all set!

Lizzerd
08-02-04, 03:31 PM
WB, does this mean we can call each other an Idiot in a thread now and not be violating the forum rules? :D

Andrew Longman
08-02-04, 04:34 PM
Why don't we all get shirts made? One of us can wear one with "Idiot" written on the front - the rest of us can wear ones that say "I'm with Idiot". Add a Champ Car logo and possibly an Off Camber logo, and we'll be all set!

I prefer "Dan Wheldon thinks I'm a complete idiot. What do you think?" on mine.

Goes with "Paul Tracy: Indy 500 winner" T Shirt

cart7
08-02-04, 05:11 PM
I was an idiot before Dan was ever an earl driver.

TravelGal
08-02-04, 05:25 PM
Well, I for one, between my gardening duties, thought it was very exciting. Every time I came into the house, they nearly killed somebody in the pits. Hmmm, maybe I should have stayed outside. :gomer:

nrc
08-02-04, 05:30 PM
Well, I for one, between my gardening duties, thought it was very exciting. Every time I came into the house, they nearly killed somebody in the pits. Hmmm, maybe I should have stayed outside. :gomer:

Good point. I saw that on Speed News. They were taking out pit crewmen like bowling pins. Three pit incidents. Any word on penalties or fines?

This has been a great aspect of the new rules in Champcar. They have virtually eliminated the mad scramble into the pits under yellow.

RTKar
08-02-04, 06:35 PM
Count me an idiot. :)

I guess I've been "outed"...

RaceChic
08-02-04, 06:41 PM
"Stupid is as stupid does." :gomer:

DjDrOmusic
08-02-04, 08:16 PM
<--- IDIOT, guilty as charged!! :cool:

lone_groover
08-02-04, 08:23 PM
Id'jet Goes Hawaiian!

:gomer: :cry: :)

Jervis Tetch 1
08-03-04, 12:38 AM
That's MR. Idiot to you Wanker Wheldon. :flame:

Kiwifan
08-03-04, 03:45 AM
Good news! We're Idiots Downunder too!! :D

What's up with the new Weetabix/wheaties packets over there? I heard there was to be a new marketing slant, an American Driver from an American Racing Series going round and round the cereal bowl flat out? ;)

Ah crap, all this bull****e from them is starting to dis me off. About time for another race to get me back on track. Bring on the turbos.....................

Rusty.

Chitowncartfreak
08-03-04, 12:06 PM
I prefer "Dan Wheldon thinks I'm a complete idiot. What do you think?" on mine.

Goes with "Paul Tracy: Indy 500 winner" T Shirt

That's perfect - let's go with it!

IlliniRacer
08-03-04, 12:26 PM
I guess I've been "outed"...

I was never "in" :)

devilmaster
08-04-04, 12:12 AM

Make sure on the sleeve or something it says "Dan's Children"....... How big could we get this group? :D

Steve

nrc
08-04-04, 12:18 AM
Make sure on the sleeve or something it says "Dan's Children"....... How big could we get this group? :D

Steve

I wouldn't want to give him the exposure.

Clown
08-04-04, 12:52 AM
"Anybody that says the Indy Racing League is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book," Wheldon said. Book? You mean he's not illiterate :saywhat:

Ps. I'm an idiot.

Madmaxfan2
08-04-04, 11:37 AM
I am too, but us idiots are in good company, after all by Weldon's definition so is Paul Newman. :cool: