PDA

View Full Version : "The BIG Leagues of Open Wheel...

Phantom
08-01-04, 03:48 PM
The CART Series!"

According to Paul Page. 3:45 EDT during the broadcast of the Michigan race. :rofl:

G.
08-02-04, 11:21 AM
[confessional mode on/]I watched the race. [mode off/]

Paul Page was comparing Kanaan and Rice. TK has the points lead but Buddy has the power of the Indy 500 win on his side. Huh? Winning Indy apparently gives you more speed in some mystical way.

And did I actually hear Goodyear saying something about a driver wanting to be a lap down ?? Can someone verify that I actually heard that? You know, someone that was flipping through the channels and happened to get distracted when they hit ABC and accidentally caught this comment. I don't want to pull anyone out of the closet, so to speak. :gomer:

Old3Fan
08-02-04, 11:47 AM
[confessional mode on/]I watched the race. [mode off/]

And did I actually hear Goodyear saying something about a driver wanting to be a lap down ?? Can someone verify that I actually heard that? You know, someone that was flipping through the channels and happened to get distracted when they hit ABC and accidentally caught this comment. I don't want to pull anyone out of the closet, so to speak. :gomer:

I think he said that it was better to be in 2nd place as that is where you want to be to get the draft to pass on the final lap. :gomer: This gomer watches all racing including the IRL as I enjoy anything that goes fast. Car, boat, plane and me too lately :rofl: . The trick is to be able to distinguish between the Majors and the Minors.

G.
08-02-04, 06:30 PM
I think he said that it was better to be in 2nd place as that is where you want to be to get the draft to pass on the final lap.No, O3F, that would make sense and be logical. He said a LAP down, and while my brain locked up trying to make sense of it, I lost the rest of the context. He wasn't talking about Rice, who was in P2 at the time.

Really, I guess I am asking if anyone else heard this is to make sure I am not nuts.

Ahhh, who am I kidding. :gomer: