PDA

View Full Version : Kool Aid at work

scanman
08-01-04, 08:22 AM
From the "Let it be known" thread

"It sure is going to be nice to turn right,” said Townsend Bell, who left his pursuit of European road racing to join the IRL in late June. “Just having spent a few weekends in the IRL, it sure feels like big-time racing to me - the kind of open-wheel racing that I grew up wanting to do. If we can add some road courses, that’s a great mix of events. I’m happy that we’re doing it.” :eek:

Railbird
08-01-04, 08:37 AM
What else is the guy going to say?

Being too slow for an F1 gig and making too may bone-headed moves in Champcar this guy is one step away from SPEED GT.

Hope he does some good actually.

Clown
08-01-04, 08:44 AM
And to think, he almost landed an F1 ride!

Where did it all go wrong :gomer:

scanman
08-01-04, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=Railbird]What else is the guy going to say?QUOTE]
It was the choice of words I was commenting on...
I mean "big-time racing"...gimmee a break here guys... :rofl:

Railbird
08-01-04, 10:20 AM
Well, I guess you're right there.

It's not Nascar.

Ziggy
08-01-04, 10:52 AM
Well, I guess you're right there.

It's not Nascar.

Now that is funny!!! and sad, yet true :gomer:

Rogue Leader
08-01-04, 10:59 AM
you know Kool Aid is a tasty bevrage......

but kinda like Beer, too much of it can get to your head... you get "beer goggles" .... maybe do things you wouldnt normally do (hint hint)... :D

he has "Kool aid Goggles" :rofl:

Jervis Tetch 1
08-01-04, 02:29 PM
I'll tell you where it went wrong with TBell. He was highly overated to begin with. :gomer:

Rogue Leader
08-01-04, 02:42 PM
I'll tell you where it went wrong with TBell. He was highly overated to begin with. :gomer:

Very true, his first season in CART everyone talked about him like he was the second coming of christ... instead he managed to hit everything but the pace car, never finished higher than 4th (and before and after his best was 12th), and overall underimpressed everyone, to the point where Patrick tanked him halfway through the season, pretty lame IMO. Doesn't seem like a bad guy (even with the kool aid), but hes not Senna either....

Railbird
08-01-04, 03:05 PM
His "Americaness" was the attraction even though he was Dixon's beetch in Lights.

nrc
08-01-04, 04:37 PM
If the guy would take a chill pill he would make all of you doubters eat your words. He made everyone his bitch in his last year of Lights.

Clown
08-01-04, 11:02 PM
he managed to hit everything but the pace carGive it time.......

fourrunner
08-01-04, 11:20 PM
What else is the guy going to say?

Being too slow for an F1 gig and making too may bone-headed moves in Champcar this guy is one step away from SPEED GT.

Hope he does some good actually.

I'm guessing this is his last option .... Bone Headed moves might be more acceptable where he is now.... unfortunately for Bell IF he screws up in the IRL , where does he go? ... how embarrassing would that be ! :eek:

So yes, he should kiss as much ass as he can !

nz_climber
08-02-04, 12:11 AM
I'm guessing this is his last option .... Bone Headed moves might be more acceptable where he is now.... unfortunately for Bell IF he screws up in the IRL , where does he go? ... how embarrassing would that be ! :eek:

So yes, he should kiss as much ass as he can !

if you screw up in crapwagon you end up in hospital.... :shakehead

Madmaxfan2
08-02-04, 09:00 AM
Driving a crapwagon on a road course is akin to driving a go kart with a low torque engine in a corner, no speed out of the turns.