PDA

View Full Version : All But Official: EARL to Sears Point in 2005

FCYTravis
07-30-04, 03:03 AM
From a well-placed source inside the track... "95 percent certain" for a late August/early September date.

Anyone want to start betting how long it takes for the Koolaid Krew to start loudly screaming about how the Vision was always about road-racin? :shakehead

JohnHKart
07-30-04, 06:59 AM
I bet they're slower than even the Star Mazda and Russel Formula Cars. :) :D

Railbird
07-30-04, 07:06 AM
I think the main question here is how many "privateer" teams can afford the RR kit.

Rumor has it that the '05 road course events may be non points exhibitions with 10 to 12 entries unless the league forces the factory teams to supply the backmarkers with gearbox/chassis updates.

Spicoli
07-30-04, 08:14 AM
Better get your room now Travis! rumor has it your buddies from Camp N Brew have all the hotels bought out! :gomer:

:funny:

There woill also be a date at Watkins glenn. 2 RR's. Just to keep the "Angel Investors" (Yen) happy. :shakehead

4wheeldrifter
07-30-04, 08:38 AM
Should be their version of the dreaded "Streetcourse parade". No straights = no passing. The gomers will be in heaven. :shakehead

CART T. Katz
07-30-04, 08:59 AM
so who will be the stupid saps to flag this race? i think i already know of one who won't.

pchall
07-30-04, 09:18 AM
I think the main question here is how many "privateer" teams can afford the RR kit.

Rumor has it that the '05 road course events may be non points exhibitions with 10 to 12 entries unless the league forces the factory teams to supply the backmarkers with gearbox/chassis updates.

I also have heard that there is no money among the non-factory teams to pay for the road course package upgrades, especially if it is only for a couple of races with a chassis that will be replaced in 2006 anyways.

Racewriter
07-30-04, 09:34 AM
Anyone want to start betting how long it takes for the Koolaid Krew to start loudly screaming about how the Vision was always about road-racin? :shakehead

Where have you been? They've been doing that since Fast Freddy Nation announced that there would be RR's. "But, ToeKnee said in the beginning that there would be a road course on the '96 schedule."

Sounds about right. Of course, I'm hearing that the term "factory team" will have a much different meaning in a year or two. Honda and Toyota have signed to make engines available through 2006. They have not signed to continue funding teams.

Spicoli
07-30-04, 09:56 AM
Just heard that the EARL/GomerLeague sched will be out sometime between now and race time Sunday.

2 RR's. No St. Pete, NO Ra, NO MO, NO Toronto, No anything cool.

FTG. FFN. FU Gomers one and all.

vision, my ass.

mueber
07-30-04, 09:59 AM
Who cares?

Spicoli
07-30-04, 10:09 AM
Who cares?

Me. I like to keep an eye on people who want us dead.

Make sense?

tllips
07-30-04, 10:10 AM
Just heard that the EARL/GomerLeague sched will be out sometime between now and race time Sunday.

2 RR's. No St. Pete, NO Ra, NO MO, NO Toronto, No anything cool.

FTG. FFN. FU Gomers one and all.

vision, my ass.

NO RA!!!!! Does this improve the chances of Road America re-appearing on the 2005 ChampCar schedule??????

mueber
07-30-04, 10:27 AM

Make sense?

No.

Boy George can’t butter a piece of toast by himself. Selfish, hypocritical team owners and incompetent management caused any damage “he” did to Champ Car.

As for the future, Boy George is a poor little rich kid born with a silver spoon in his nose, and the sooner we treat him like it, the sooner will lose the ability to control the agenda.

racer2c
07-30-04, 10:54 AM

Make sense?

Most definitely. Know your enemy.

Brickman
07-30-04, 11:06 AM
From a well-placed source inside the track... "95 percent certain" for a late August/early September date.

Just the hard core. The majority want a few road races as they should. As to if the formula works going left and right? I haven't the slightest. Bet the first one could be the highest TV ratings of any of the races they hold outside of Indy, a "know your enemy" deal or a curiosity killed the cat deal.

BTW: I have two great seats for Tin Tops turning left and right at Watkins Glen for sale if anyone is interested.

Steve99
07-30-04, 11:09 AM
I assume they will be using the dumbed down NASCAR version of the course?

Ankf00
07-30-04, 11:30 AM
Most definitely. Know your enemy.

cuz i'll rip the mic rip the stage rip the system, i was born to rage against 'em :cool:

Michaelhatesfans
07-30-04, 11:31 AM
so who will be the stupid saps to flag this race? i think i already know of one who won't.
Even the ones who do show up will be bickering about who waves the yellow.
"Sorry, I've got a bad arm, I can't do that all day."
"No, I forgot my wrist brace. Carpal tunnel, you know?"
"I'll do it for the second half of the race, if someone else wants to do the first half."
"No way - I don't want to be anywhere near the turn station on the opening laps."

Brickman
07-30-04, 12:53 PM

I hope not.

Ozarkian
07-30-04, 01:19 PM

Don't know, but wouldn't surprise me. They're using the dumbed down NASCAR version of everything else.

RacinM3
07-30-04, 01:33 PM
So this track that's always been deemed too dangerous for big-league open wheel is now perfectly suitable?

Oh, sorry, answered my own question with the 'big league' description.

FCYTravis
07-30-04, 01:38 PM
Who's going to flag it?

God only knows, but there's quite a few of us on the SFRSCCA Flags Team who won't be... including one of the chiefs. He's the one who proudly wears a shirt that stacks all the EARL tracks up and all the CART tracks up... "CART may = a mess, but the IRL still = 0" - and he's sworn that he won't work a day for them - he'll make it a point to be a bajillion miles away. :rofl:

So will I.

Brickman
07-30-04, 06:43 PM
Who's going to flag it?

God only knows, but there's quite a few of us on the SFRSCCA Flags Team who won't be... including one of the chiefs. He's the one who proudly wears a shirt that stacks all the EARL tracks up and all the CART tracks up... "CART may = a mess, but the IRL still = 0" - and he's sworn that he won't work a day for them - he'll make it a point to be a bajillion miles away. :rofl:

So will I.

Great shirt vintage 1996. Haven't seen one since.