PDA

View Full Version : SeaBass possibly to F1, definitely not to IRL

rabbit
07-29-04, 03:52 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/12257/
Meanwhile, Bourdais appeared to close the door to a series switch to the Indy Racing League, even though his Newman/Haas team is widely expected to have a presence in that series next season. "I would not want to compete in the IRL because it is very dangerous on the ovals," Bourdais told the St. Petersburg Times. "I am not really keen to do that.

“(Champ Car) is shy on the ovals, but the IRL is just wrong," Bourdais added. "The whole thing with trying to repeat NASCAR with open-wheel racing is just wrong. It is way too dangerous. I can accept doing five or six races on ovals, but a whole season is too much." :)

nrc
07-29-04, 05:12 PM
More points for Seabass. :thumbup: :)

Steve99
07-29-04, 05:59 PM
Man, what is SPEED's fascination with earl? If it wasn't for the long term mouse contract, I would be thinking SPEED was picking up the race broadcasts.

Jag_Warrior
07-29-04, 07:46 PM
but the IRL is just wrong

Yes, wrong on so many levels.

Kermit used to be my favorite frog, but now... :)

Robstar
07-29-04, 07:50 PM
"The whole thing with trying to repeat NASCAR with open-wheel racing is just wrong."

:thumbup:

Audi_A4
07-29-04, 08:06 PM
but the IRL is just wrong

Yes, wrong on so many levels.

Kermit used to be my favorite frog, but now... :)

I hope you are not referring to seabass as a Frog, thats racist man .. it's just so wrong.

Methanolandbrats
07-29-04, 09:20 PM
I hope you are not referring to seabass as a Frog, thats racist man .. it's just so wrong. "French" is not a race. It's just a group of snotty people who enjoy a nice climate while baking bread, tending vineyards, working as little as possible and occasionally surrendering.

Hot Rod Otis
07-29-04, 10:15 PM
"French" is not a race. It's just a group of snotty people who enjoy a nice climate while baking bread, tending vineyards, working as little as possible and occasionally surrendering.

Bulls****. I spent 11 days in Paris and 1 day in Normandy, last summer and I can tell you this. I never encountered a "snotty" Frenchman or Frenchwoman. Even after they knew you were American, they bent over backwards to be friendly and helpful. My French was awful at best. I would say merci with my best Hoosier accent and they would always say you're welcome in English. My midwestern drawl didn't fool them for a second. But you know what? They didn't care. The myth that the French hate Americans, at least from my 1st hand experience is BS. The current French govt might not like the current US govt, but the French people have NO problems with the American people. Even if they weren't overly friendly, they would still help you. If you weren't sure which train to get on, somebody would point out the right train for you. And the people we stayed with in Paris were some of the most incredible people I've ever met.

"Snotty" my ass. :mad: You ain't got a ****in' clue.

Robstar
07-30-04, 12:27 AM
"French" is not a race. It's just a group of snotty people who enjoy a nice climate while baking bread, tending vineyards, working as little as possible and occasionally surrendering.

I really hope that was a joke... excuse me if I've missed the sarcasm...

nrc
07-30-04, 12:53 AM
Bulls****. I spent 11 days in Paris and 1 day in Normandy, last summer and I can tell you this. I never encountered a "snotty" Frenchman or Frenchwoman. Even after they knew you were American, they bent over backwards to be friendly and helpful.

I've heard it said that it makes a world of difference if you at least attempt to speak French to them. That said, I've only known one person from France and they told me they hate the French because they're so snotty and rude. Seabass was certainly nothing but friendly and polite when he hung out with the fans after the last Columbus town meeting.

But I wouldn't want any of that to spoil the fun of making light of the french. :)

"Look, I'm French and I'm giving a baby a cigarette and I don't care. Life is ****, get used to it! "

jonovision_man
07-30-04, 07:28 AM
The current French govt might not like the current US govt, but the French people have NO problems with the American people.

I like this quote, it probably sums up a lot of international relations... governments not getting along, people getting on just fine. :)

Ankf00
07-30-04, 09:36 AM
VIVA LE FREEDOM FRIES!! :rofl:

I only know kebekkers, and for the most part they're great folks, cept for the wanker barkeep at st. elizabeth pub who pretended like he didnt speak english and couldn't understand my crappy french only to be talking to my french buddy in english the next night :saywhat:

Anteater
07-30-04, 09:41 AM
Getting back to the original topic, I've always said that Sebastien was smart! :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
07-30-04, 10:05 AM
Sears is pimping Bourdais a bit more...

------------------------------------
Sebastien Bourdais has 'more to offer'

Driver Manager David Sears will tuck into an interesting breakfast if Gary Paffett beats French racer Sebastien Bourdais onto the Formula One race grid.

The latter's agent told Autosport he'll 'eat my Calvin Kleins' if Mercedes' DTM driver has 'more to offer' the world of GP racing than Champ Car's Bourdais.

Earlier this week, Sears' opposite number Martin Hines said talks with Paffett were going on with Sauber "and two other teams. There is immense interest."

Bourdais, 25 and born near Le Mans, might test a Grand Prix challenger in the winter period in light of Sears' latest approaches to teams including Williams.

He won the F3000 title in '02.

Sean O'Gorman
07-30-04, 12:02 PM
Just imagine how the French race fans must feel about him going over to race in America, being nicknamed Kermit, and driving in a McDonalds car no less. :laugh:

Insomniac
07-30-04, 03:43 PM
How has this thread gone so far and no one mentioned they stink? ;)

Winston Wolfe
07-30-04, 05:07 PM
How has this thread gone so far and no one mentioned they stink? ;)

Or that they have bad teeth? :gomer:
(Oh yeah, that's the Brits...)

Or that they are lazy?
(Wait, that's the Italians....)

No, its that they aren't too bright !
(Nahhh, that's the Polacks, right...)

Oh yeah, they are stubborn and hard to get along with !
(Awwww, darn, that's the Germans !)

Yeah, that's it, they stink, AND they're rude ! :p

VIVA LA FRANCE !!!! :thumbup: