PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Powerslide

Turn7
07-29-04, 08:01 AM
Who else is so sick of the commercial with the eighteen wheeler doing a power slide through the parking lot and stopping at the front doors of the dealership?

Ten times in the last 2 weeks would of been tollerable, 100 would have been a bit irritating but, I would wager they have run that thing a 1000 times. I don't know if it is the fakness of the trialer being "lose" or the 3 second clip of Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf that gets played about 8 times in the spot. Probably the combo of both.

:thumdown: :gomer:

Ankf00
07-29-04, 09:36 AM
you're making a fundamental mistake, you're watching tv in the first place :D

nrc
07-29-04, 10:17 AM
Correction, he's watching TV without TiVo. Commercials? What commercials?

rosawendel
07-29-04, 10:32 AM
da, da, dug-a, da, da.
da,da, dug-a, a-da-da.

am i the only person who can't get this riff out of their head?

eh, could've been worse. could've been a zeppelin song they destroyed.

Sean O'Gorman
07-29-04, 01:21 PM
GM: destroying classic rock songs, one car model at a time.

oddlycalm
07-29-04, 03:37 PM

:D

GM's corporate aesthetics are remarkably consistant from their design studios right through to the advertising. Imagine what discipline it took to imprint that level of tastelessness on a company with that many employees...

oc

4wheeldrifter
07-30-04, 07:49 AM

Can't disagree. :thumbup:

Although, and you can burn me at the stake later, one of my biggest pet-peeve commercials has got to be the Bridgestone "The wheeeeel goes round and round...". Heard it so many times it's like nails on a chalkboard now. The one downside of being a Champcar fan. :)

Appologies to our series sponsor, but perhaps a new commercial/jingo is in order. :p

sadams
08-02-04, 07:49 AM
Yup right up there with Toyota's
"Ask me about my Toyota" jingle. :flame: