PDA

View Full Version : Mouse slowdown on computer..not spyware

XFT
07-28-04, 10:34 AM
So the last two days I'll be multitasking ( aka one IE one Word window open) and all of a sudden the mouse will refuse to move, or move in FRAMES, text will type at about one word instead of letter after letter... Updated IE, ran all kinds of spyware crap, nothing, any ideas?
:confused:

indyfan31
07-28-04, 10:48 AM
Not sure what OS you're using but, can you check to see what processes are running with Task Manager and maybe see which one is hogging up your processor time?
Also, if you have virus protection software, it might be working hard to get rid of something, which in turn robs processor time and slows things down a bit. My win2k box at work does this ALL THE TIME.

(BTW, running IE and Word isn't really multitasking since you're working on one, then the other. Sorry, I'm just anal that way). :)

XFT
07-28-04, 10:58 AM
Not sure what OS you're using but, can you check to see what processes are running with Task Manager and maybe see which one is hogging up your processor time?
Also, if you have virus protection software, it might be working hard to get rid of something, which in turn robs processor time and slows things down a bit. My win2k box at work does this ALL THE TIME.

(BTW, running IE and Word isn't really multitasking since you're working on one, then the other. Sorry, I'm just anal that way). :)

Celeron @ 2.4ghz Win xp pro..760ish megs of ram..Virus protection disabled. scanned yesterday, nothing found..Using AVG. :(

Steve99
07-28-04, 04:45 PM
Does it always happen, or just on certain webpages? It could be your IE + plug-ins is having problems with certain content.

JLMannin
07-29-04, 01:00 PM
Does XP still have that stupid "find fast" app that runs by default, hangs, and slows your 'puter to a snails pace?

I disabled that infernal thing, and my Windows 98 ran much faster. I don't even know what it is supposed to do, but appearantly, it is nothing real important.