PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee

Andrew Longman
07-26-04, 06:54 PM
Not that anyone really cares here but the IRL had a race at Milwaukee on Sunday.

I didn't watch it except during a commecial break at Vancouver to check out what the stands looked like.

To be honest, and it deserves mentioning, the crowd looked pretty good. Many of us would be whooping it up if it were otherwise.

Of course the pole speed would have earned, I think, a P15 starting position for the Champcar race, and the IRL drivers weren't fighting for control out of the corners like the Champcars.

But there is no accounting for taste.

I hope this doesn't hurt the chances for Champcar to hold on to the venue.

Winston Wolfe
07-26-04, 07:02 PM
take a look over at TF, to see how the Gomers are viewing the whole thing.
:rolleyes:

"Crowd wasnt bad", "the racing was closer than CCWS", "lots of passing", "didnt have to drive around flat footed the whole time", and one of the "faithful" even said that the Silver Crown race was the highlight of the weekend. :eek:

Finally, one of them there Gomers said, " I wish we could get back OUR TRADITIONAL race the week after Memorial Day"..... sheesh, the nerve of some of these gomer-ati.... lest they forget that THEIR fearless leader is the one who took his toys and kicked everyone out his sandbox....

I didnt watch.
Didint want to watch it.
Dont care that one of the old CART drivers I used to follow even won the thing.
Pole speed would have been P15..... :cry:

sheesh, what a bunch of Nelson Phillipe's circling around.... :shakehead

L1P1
07-26-04, 08:37 PM
I was just checking the qual times for the obligatory comparison to the Champ Cars. 14 MPH slower. The top IRL car would be losing a second a lap - one lap after of every 20 or so. If this is what they can do without competition, Ford needs to do a new commercial.

CART T. Katz
07-26-04, 08:45 PM
wonder what the percentage of those in attendance was of actual tickets purchased for that race only.

Methanolandbrats
07-26-04, 09:08 PM
A good crowd? WGAF. WWF and all sorts of other crap draw good crowds. Just because ya can get thousands of people to sit in the seats does'nt mean your product does'nt suck.

CART T. Katz
07-26-04, 09:11 PM
A good crowd? WGAF. WWF and all sorts of other crap draw good crowds. Just because ya can get thousands of people to sit in the seats does'nt mean your product does'nt suck.

or they paid to be there.

Steve99
07-27-04, 12:27 PM
I bet there were a lot of red hats in the stands.

Andrew Longman
07-27-04, 01:33 PM

As I said, there's no accounting for taste.

I'm just trying to be fair. If the stands were empty, we'd be commenting

I don't know how many red hats were there or other freebie tickets. I wasn't there. Anybody know?

I like Milwaukee, I would not like CCWS to lose it. I consider TG an enemy to my racing/entertainment pleasure. If he had a "win" on Sunday, I'd like to know about it.

Railbird
07-27-04, 05:01 PM
My experience:

I attended the Champcar race at Milwaukee and was handed two Grandstand tickets while I was sitting at a bar in Port Washington eating lunch before I headed to the track.

My son and I attended the Silver Crown/Midget double header last Saturday and were handed a pair of Grandstand tickets for the IRL event while we were hanging out behind the stands.

I didn't care for the Grandstand seats in June so I purchsed a seat in my favorite bleacher for half of what it used to cost.

I caught some of the IRL show while sitting in The Ale Emporium watching Champcars on HDnet. The seats and beer were cheaper but the crowd was kinda rude.. :gomer:

Dvdb
07-27-04, 07:14 PM
Used to be a great seafood restaurant in Port Washington, the name of which escapes me, but it was right on the shore.

We used to meet my Grandma and Milwaukee cousins there for a family dinner once a year.

Any ideas?

Railbird
07-27-04, 07:23 PM
I'm not one to remember the names of restaraunts but I do recall walking by some big *** seafood place in the harbor area. The bar/restaraunt I was sitting in is the "north shore" or "lake shore" or something like that. You can get a damn good New York strip while sitting at the bar looking out at the lake/harbor.

Then of course there is "Schooners" which is a great funky old bar full of young waitresses swigging Jager and having fun.

Cool little village